The Burden of Angels by Nick Kyme

DarkChaplain

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Images/Product/DefaultBL/xlarge/BLPROCESSED-The%20Burden%20of%20Angels%20cover.jpg

On the anniversary of their alliance on the killing fields of Armageddon, Chapter Masters Tu'Shan of the Salamanders and Dante of the Blood Angels meet once more. But the curse of the Blood Angels disrupts their meeting and threatens both their futures…

To honour their past victories and the bond between them, the Blood Angels and Salamanders meet on Hecatomb to exchange trophies of war. So august a gathering is this that both Dante and Tu'Shan, the respective Chapter Masters of their Space Marine brotherhoods, are present. But what begins as a fraternal exchange of cultures turns nightmarish as the Blood Angels unwittingly unleash something they had thought long vanquished and their darker natures with it.

It's a look at the nature of the Salamanders through a very different lens, as they are contrasted with the secretive and cursed Blood Angels – and it brings two Chapter Masters to blows!

That does sound pretty exciting. Was this event part of the known/established lore already, or is this closer to timeline-in-flux we are seeing lately? I wonder how it'll play into the next Salamanders novel, when it comes.

They'll be pushing it tight to the current timeline if they don't change it up quickly. 3rd War for Armageddon was 998.M41 but the whole Shield of Baal series is in 999.M41 so there's only a year in the difference.

Dante doesn't really have time to be messing around on Hecatomb if the tyranids are munching towards the Baal system.biggrin.png

Same issues seem to be popping up everywhere. From an RG perspective, the raid on Kastorel Novem is set in 996.M41 and the outcome leaves Deliverance under imminent attack from a Waagh! So I don't know why a lot of the RG Chapter are fighting Tau over at the Third Sphere in the Kauyon Supplement.

Reading the 40k universe gets a lot easier on the head if you regard every new book as a ret con of anything previously.

Authors seem to be allowed 'off the leash' so to speak and change fluff/laws of physics as they see fit. rolleyes.gif

Edit: Went on a rant and never answered the question :). Yup looks good, the excerpt seems to imply that the Black Rage takes hold and sees the Salamanders having to fight the Blood Angels? Seems a bit to obvious however, think there may be something else in it.

Oh, good. I thought the title sounded familiar. Guess that means the only stories from Honour of the Space Marines that haven't been republished yet are Do Eagles Still Circle the Mountains? by McNeill and Fatespinner by Wraight. (All Must End is in the Legacy of Caliban anthology/omnibus, Circle of Honour in Crusaders of Dorn and Hounds of Wrath in Ahriman: Exodus)

It's an old story again. That's for 2 months now we getting old stories on Monday. Service Eternal was the only exclusion.

Disappointing

Oooooo will be interesting to see Kymes take on the Salamanders........

You are a maniac sir biggrin.png

Dat face...

You can have a better digital painting with 30 dollars on Deviantart.

The book itself sounds promising, though!

Ps: the Blood Angels were really doing EVERYTHING and were EVERYWHERE in 998-999 MK41. :P

They'll be pushing it tight to the current timeline if they don't change it up quickly. 3rd War for Armageddon was 998.M41 but the whole Shield of Baal series is in 999.M41 so there's only a year in the difference.

Dante doesn't really have time to be messing around on Hecatomb if the tyranids are munching towards the Baal system.biggrin.png

I think this is about the anniversary of their alliance during the Second Armageddon War, that happened in 941.M41, so there's a lot of time before the events of shield of Baal.

In fact, Dante didn't show up during the Third Armageddon War in 998.M41: only one company of the Blood Angels was there (the Third, led by Erasmus Tycho)

When was the whole Fabius attempt to clone Sanguinius? They are pushing it tight. I'm going to read it. I don't dislike Kyme's work. In fact, I like some of it. smile.png

I doubt we can consider Swallow's Blood Angels novels canon at this point. A lot has changed since then, and with the 13th Black Crusade being revised now too, it seems like it doesn't have a place anymore.

When was the whole Fabius attempt to clone Sanguinius? They are pushing it tight. I'm going to read it. I don't dislike Kyme's work. In fact, I like some of it. smile.png

I doubt we can consider Swallow's Blood Angels novels canon at this point. A lot has changed since then, and with the 13th Black Crusade being revised now too, it seems like it doesn't have a place anymore.

That's a good point.

What about Dante asking successor chapters for recruits. Did that come about as a result of Fabius? And if it did, was it in the latest Blood Angels codex?

Oh, good. I thought the title sounded familiar. Guess that means the only stories from Honour of the Space Marines that haven't been republished yet are Do Eagles Still Circle the Mountains? by McNeill and Fatespinner by Wraight. (All Must End is in the Legacy of Caliban anthology/omnibus, Circle of Honour in Crusaders of Dorn and Hounds of Wrath in Ahriman: Exodus)

And today they released "Do Eagles Still Circle the Mountain?". I expect Fatespinner alongside the Thousand Sons releases. Wouldn't be surprised if the already collected short stories will be getting standalone releases too.

And today they released "Do Eagles Still Circle the Mountain?". I expect Fatespinner alongside the Thousand Sons releases. Wouldn't be surprised if the already collected short stories will be getting standalone releases too.

And it seems we will be getting old shorts till this years Advent calendar release

Archived