Raven Guard 4th Company (Tale of Many Gamers)

Valaas

Agreed on the table envy.

I'm going to have to make do with a sectional board that sits on the dining room table. Just need to make sure I pad the underside so I don't scratch my wife's grandmother's table. My Raven Guard can handle many threats, but I don't think an angry wife is among them.

Holy Smokes! That sword belong to Blade! He needs it back to save us all. Shame on you!

Well Spotted!

As for Blade....finders keeper's

I hope that Blade didn't take your Fingers off when you picked it up?... :tongue.:

The war room is excellent,one day when i actually can afford to buy a house (Damn you Australian house prices :furious: ) i'd love to do something like that :thumbsup:

Well done terrain too !!

Mithril

Aussie house prices + GW prices these days! I just realised that youre better off buying 2 of the regular bike squad kits than the DW box set because you get a 6th bike for the same price as the DW one!! Here its a $12 saving...

I'd have probably dropped the hobby if I hadn't moved to the US.

Valaas...we need pics man !! :tongue.:

Mithril

Your wish is my command! :wink:

Scout Bolter Squad and Veteran Sgt (could even be a counts as Telion) are complete and ready for action.

Veteran Sergeant:

DSC 0697

Heavy Bolter Support

DSC 0705

Bolter Scout 1:

DSC 0702

Bolter Scout 2:

DSC 0712

Bolter Scout 3 (not sure how I ended up with only one photo of this one :huh.:):

DSC 0709

Bolter Scout 4:

DSC 0716

Sniper Scouts are almost there, another couple of evenings and I'll get them up.

As always, comments, suggestions and questions always welcome.

Cheers,

Valaas

Thanks Valaas,

great work indeed :thumbsup:  you paint the eyes black right?, thats fluffy for them isn't it??... pale white skin and black eyes?, do all their successors have the same look too, should i be painting my helmet-less Raptors like that as well??

Cheers,Mithril

Great Looking Scouts .

Thanks DSS7, quite happy with how they've turned out, especially the converted Telion. The only think that lets them down is the models themselves, they're such an old sculpt that are just not as dynamic as the newer sculpts and with far less options to make each on individual.

Thanks Valaas,

great work indeed :thumbsup:  you paint the eyes black right?, thats fluffy for them isn't it??... pale white skin and black eyes?, do all their successors have the same look too, should i be painting my helmet-less Raptors like that as well??

Cheers,Mithril

Yeah Mithril, its a very fluffy paint scheme, in the HH series the Raven Guard are always depicted has having pale (almost white) skin tones, with pupil-less black eyes, like a raven.

I believe its due to a quirk in their gene seed, along the same vein as the Salamanders having black skin and red eyes.

Given the geneseed origin I could see successor chapters inheriting the traits, but I would think that with each subsequent founding it could evolve further so don't think you'd 'have' to paint them pale and with black eyes.

I was surprised that the GW paint scheme for them was so far removed from the fluff. The art work for the Raven Guard in the Death Watch board game is true to the fluff (although with an atrocious hair style!)

Cheers,

Valaas

• 2 weeks later...

New update on the 4th Company project.

Sniper Scout Squad complete.....

Sniper 1

IMG 20170213 014709

Sniper 2

IMG 20170213 014622

Sergeant

IMG 20170213 014552

Heavy Support

IMG 20170213 014517

Sniper 3

IMG 20170213 014733

As always, comments, suggestions and questions welcome.

Cheers,

Valaas

yeah very nice, i love the touch of snow too...it adds to the cold colours vibe we got going here :cool.: you got a frosty looking bunch of bad boys there!

my only critique would be with the faces,maybe a really thin wash of Reikland mixed with a light grey paint (VERY WATERED) to make them show shadow and definition.

i do realise they are mega close up pics and look waaay better from table top view but just a suggestion :wink:

keep the raven engine turning ! as race says, more models :wub.:

cheers Mithril

yeah very nice, i love the touch of snow too...it adds to the cold colours vibe we got going here :cool.: you got a frosty looking bunch of bad boys there!

my only critique would be with the faces,maybe a really thin wash of Reikland mixed with a light grey paint (VERY WATERED) to make them show shadow and definition.

i do realise they are mega close up pics and look waaay better from table top view but just a suggestion :wink:

keep the raven engine turning ! as race says, more models :wub.:

cheers Mithril

Thanks for the suggestion Mithril,

I had noticed that some of the definition from the earlier washes had been lost, I'll give it  a try with the wash paint mix. Any particular grey your using?

Cheers,

Valaas

Great work so far......and Killer Table set up (just saw it....)

Cheers War,

I've been following your log and your stuff is looking great.

Have to admit the War Room set up is  a labour of love and never seems to be finished....there is always more terrain to do. Next up for it (apart from scatter terrain), is a 4'x4' Zone Mortalis board that can be used for 40K and Inquisimunda games.

The 4th Company is progressing and although I'm currently slightly behind schedule (500pts/mth), I think I will have pretty much have caught up by the end of February and managed to get half of my Talons Reach Vow completed. 

However, I find myself looking forwards to April and May with the release yesterday of the GW Aberdeen Golden Trolls Painting Competition Categories, my entries are planned and although not Raven Guard, 2 out of the three will be used as allies to the 4th Company in the future.

Planned entries are:

- 40K Squad - Bespoke, converted Inquisitor Warband (have over 10 models, but will select the best 5 and if I have time expand it for the entry)

- 40K Vehicle - Converted Inquisitorial Taurox

- 40K Monstrous Creature - Tau XV109 Y'Vahra Battlesuit

I would obviously not be sharing the Tau Battlesuit on here but wondered if you guys would be happy with the other entries being posted within this thread. 

I have found over the last few months that this is a great and active little community here in the Ravenspire and I would value all of your feedback and if anyone wants to follow the WIP of the third entry I can point them in the right direction :wink:.

No worries if you'd rather they went in the agents of the Imperium forum, but thought I'd check.

Cheers,

Valaas 

Hey Valaas, please do share your entries (not Tau, sorry).  Since the Inquisition are allowed on the board (and this is your thread), then share away!

Thanks Race, knew the Tau wouldn't be posted on B&C, but just wanted to make sure there was no issue posting Inquisitors here.

The 4th Company will continue for the next month and a half, but come the 1st of April I'll post the Inquisitor Warband with a poll to select the 'First' 5 to go through! 

I think you should definitely post both the squad and transport when finished. Also, you should PM me your link to the hosted photo's of the Y'Vahra when its finished (or a link to another forum dedicated just to Tau - perhaps :wink:)

Looking good!

Hi Vyper 

I'll PM you a link...you may like the Super Super Heavy :wink:

Should have a double update early next week as the Pinion - DC Assault Squad and Devastator Squad should be finished over the weekend.

Cheers,

Valaas

An idea: you could also post your Inquisition stuff in the Agents of Imperium forum for more eyes on the prize, then do some cross linking.  It would be a wee bit extra work to start, and if you wanted to link per post that would be more effort, but it could yield more attention that way.  I suggest this because I tried it with "my" thread here and the ETL thread and I think it worked well.

An idea: you could also post your Inquisition stuff in the Agents of Imperium forum for more eyes on the prize, then do some cross linking.  It would be a wee bit extra work to start, and if you wanted to link per post that would be more effort, but it could yield more attention that way.  I suggest this because I tried it with "my" thread here and the ETL thread and I think it worked well.

Thanks Race,

I'll give it a try when the time comes :yes:

• 1 month later...

Been a bit of an enforced break, with work and kids sucking up most of my hobby time!

However, thanks to Talons Reach deadline fast approaching my Contemptor is done....now just a week and a half to finish off my Land Speeder Storm.

IMG 20170406 010115

IMG 20170406 010104

IMG 20170406 010042

IMG 20170406 010032

As always comments , questions and suggestions welcome.

Cheers,

Valaas

Say whhaaaaaat?!

I have a comment: a m a z i n g :tu:

I also really appreciate using the Heavy Bolter versus ... any other weapon.  But really, stomping on the Tau suit is so choice.

Archived