Raven Guard 4th Company (Tale of Many Gamers)

Valaas

Congrats man. It looks amazing

Wow.

Good job, dude.

Congrats on the win!

Woo hoo!

Man, that is a great reward for the effort :thumbsup:  Stunning models, all of them.

"You done good!"

Congratulations!

Thanks for all the kind words guys!

Was extremely happy with how they turned out and winning the Troll was a awesome bonus (elites only for me next year so will have to up my game over the next year). I have the 4 other members of the war band to do in the future but will leave that for another time.

Now onto full on build mode for Hidden Hands of the Emperor.....i'll post WIP on here and the finished articles in my Vows.

Thanks again,

Valaas

• 4 weeks later...

So picked up my Dark Imperium box yesterday and my local GW was running a lucky dip for with every purchase after having a big clear out of their basement....

Bought Dark Imperium.....won an unpainted chaos baneblade! Think I may have to revisit my traitor guard at some point!

• 3 weeks later...

First bit of air cover for the 4th Company - Stormtalon completed for the 'Hidden Hands of the Emperor' event.

IMG 20170710 065729

IMG 20170710 065738

IMG 20170710 065745

IMG 20170710 065754

IMG 20170710 065803

IMG 20170710 065813

A always comments, questions and suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
Valaas

Looks great! What paints did u use for the Assault Cannons?? I've been trying for that effect forever!

It looks  good and is realy simple, the engine outtakes have it as well, but is a little more subtle.

1. Use Drakenhof nightshade around the end of the barrel / exhaust

2. Druchi Violet next over slightly further down the barrel/exhaust but overlapping the last Drakenhof strip slightly

3. Final strip using Seraphim sepia again slightly overlapping the previous Druchi violet layer.

Works great on plasma guns, flamers, meltas and exhaust.

Cheers,

Valaas

• 4 weeks later...

Elite Special Forces on deployment with the 4th Company, Veteran Sergeant Race Bannon and his Sternguard Veterans, completed for the 'Hidden Hands of the Emperor' event.

Sgt. Race Bannon

IMG 20170805 003504

Combi-Flamer

IMG 20170805 003550

Combi-Grav

IMG 20170805 003703

Special Issue Bolter 1

IMG 20170805 003754

Special Issue Bolter 2

IMG 20170805 003715

Squad

IMG 20170805 003838

As always comments, questions and suggestions welcome.

Cheers,

Valaas

Thanks guys,

Spot on.....they are Mor'Dethyn from Forgeworld, with power packs swapped out for a newer mark and different weapons swapped in. Simple kit bash to make much more Raven Guard looking Sternguard.

I'm guessing you can't buy those shoulder pads separately? 

As Race says, you do sometimes get them on ebay if you need a small number, though they are attached to the arms......the same pads are also on the Raven Guard Dark Fury's, if your looking other option is recasters.....or you could approach one of the shapeways guys and see if they would design something similar.

Cheers,

Valaas

• 2 weeks later...

4th Company, 7th Squad, Assault - ready for active deployment.

Squad

IMG 20170817 233003

Sergeant

IMG 20170817 233026

Eviscerator

IMG 20170817 233116

Flamer

IMG 20170817 233152

Chainsword and Bolt Pistol #1

IMG 20170817 233230

Chainsword and Bolt Pistol #2

IMG 20170817 233259

As always comments, questions and suggestions always welcome.

Cheers,

Valaas

• 1 month later...

Going through a tonne of building just now getting the next batch of Raven Guard ready for under coating and batch base coating using the air brush!

I'll get some photos up soon showing the post HHoTE, work plan.

In the meantime, one of my buddies took a time out from designing some ace new laser cut Necromunda terrain, to laser cut a player specific coaster for each of the guys in the gaming group.

JPEG 20170923 193740

I will rest my mug of coffee/tea or a beer on this bad boy with pride, while building and painting my way through my back log.

Cheers,

Valaas

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Been in enforced exile, partially due to work going nuts and partially due to a bit of burn out after the 'HHoTE' event.

I'll be getting some detailed photos of the final HHoTE vows up tomorrow (need to dig out the light box tonight), to show a bit more of the individual detail, which couldn't be seen in the squad level photo posted in the event log.

Finally beat my painters block last night and am back at it again, though I wasn't completely out of action, I've done a tonne of building and will post the built painting line as well so you can see whats up and coming for the 4th Company.

Hopefully the updates will start to be a bit regular again from now on.

Cheers,

Valaas

Archived