Raven Guard 4th Company (Tale of Many Gamers)

Valaas

Looking good Valaas, 

yes i've been undercover in T'AU space for a while and will be for a good while longer before returning to my Raptors... hopefully with renewed vigour :tongue.:

the super Tuna was awesome so i really look fwd to seeing this done :thumbsup:

Good luck,

cheers, Mithril

• 2 weeks later...

A surprise work trip to the Gambia has knocked  a couple of weeks of progress on the head...

WIP of the Storm Eagle interior..... hopefully get the interior finished by the weekend, then the external should be a bit quicker as it will be a lot of airbrush work. Might even manage a couple more little ETL VI vows.

Even esteemed Chapter Relics get a bit grubby on prolonged Ops. :-)

IMG 20180626 001631

As always comments, questions and suggestions appreciated.

Cheers,
Valaas

What a baller - Big Tuna straight into a Storm Eagle

Proud of you man!

If you thought the Supremacy suit was the big tuna you should check out the last post in that thread !!!!!!

Hopefully have the Storm Eagle interior complete tonight and crack on with the externals over the weekend.

Cheer,

Valaas

• 5 weeks later...

Storm Eagle zoomed into ETL, 30mins before the deadline!

I'll post it on here once I've done its flying stand and it is flying in all its glory.....

In the mean time, I've finished off Battle Brother Revan, 4th Company Champion.

IMG 20180730 121302

As always comments, questions and suggestions welcome.

Cheers,

Valaas

I like the twin gladius look, very Nykona Sharrowkyn.

Thanks, I'm happy to admit the inspiration was very much Sharrowkyn.....

Although not 'legal' the rule of cool rules in my gaming group.....so house ruled him company champion, drop the bolt pistol and get 1 extra attack with the power sword.

Cheers,

Valaas

Love it. 

Side Rant: GIVE US THE ABILITY TO HAVE ELITE-CHARACTERS WITH JUMP PACKS. (Champions, Ancients, etc)

I hear you......my Shadow Captain Korvydae has been demoted to a lowly jump pack Lt. (that is still in the pile of shame)

Love it.

Side Rant: GIVE US THE ABILITY TO HAVE ELITE-CHARACTERS WITH JUMP PACKS. (Champions, Ancients, etc)

I agree the Champion should have a jump pack- he serves as a Captain or Chapter Master's bodyguard, and if he can't keep up because his charge has a jump pack, then he's useless.

Ancients, however, can't use jump packs because their Company or Chapter standards will get tangled up in the wind formed when he activates his jump pack. He should be able to plant his standard atop a command vehicle, e.g., a Repulsor Primaris.

I just quickly cruised through and your work looks really great! What are you running Battle Brother Revan as to equip him with two power swords? I love the look.

Thanks mate,

I just run him as a Company Champion, though when playing in our own game group, we house rule it where he gets an extra attack for the sword but, looses the bolt pistol option.

Cheers,

Mike

• 2 months later...

Wow August since my last post....time is running away with me for sure!!!!!!

Bit of an update Unit of 4th Company Aggressors complete!

RGA1

RGA2

RGA3

I am finally making my pilgrimage to Warhammer Worlds and  have just got my tickets to the Vigilus Weekender.....so a busy 6 weeks ahead....

My two Golden Daemon entries are ready (though need to work out transport options).....but have a list of Raven Guard that need to be done over the next 6 weeks.

- 4th Company Captain
- 4th Company Lieutenant
- 5x Vanguard Vets
- 2x Sternguard
- Predator

Wish me luck and if any fellow Ravens are about, we'll be playing in the gaming hall on the Friday and then at the Open day and tournament Saturday and Sunday. Say hi, grab a coffee or a beer ;-)

As always comments, suggestions and questions welcome.

Cheers,
Valaas

Those look really good. Is the weathering sponged on or dry brushed?

Its using a brush but stipling with very dry brush rather then the usual back and forth dry brushing.....if that makes sense

Also the dusty leg weathering is Tamyia weathering powder..

It does make sense. I've seen some really cool stuff done with weathering powders. I'm sure at some point I'll look into them.

These are a good starting point point....and idiot proof  (as confirmed by my ability to use them!).

So easy to get good results.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tamiya-300087079-WM-Ageing-Sand-Light/dp/B000BN76H6/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1539273910&sr=8-18&keywords=tamiya+weathering

Archived