Raven Guard 4th Company (Tale of Many Gamers)

Valaas

Can you apply varnish over them or does that ruin the effect being that they're a powder?

In all honesty I haven't tried.....but unlike loose weathering powder it doesn't move about and appears to adhere to the paint pretty well.

I'd definitely try it on a test model first before doing it on something you cared about.

• 3 weeks later...

Well with a drop dead deadline of the Vigilus Weekender and a load of Ravens to get finished for the 1k Tournament on the Sunday. productivity has been relatively high for me!

4th Company Predator Complete!

IMG 20181030 014037[1]

IMG 20181030 014057

IMG 20181030 014108

IMG 20181030 014115

No time for self congratulations or rest.....onto the next item on the to do list!

IMG 20181030 014211

As always comments, questions and suggestions most welcome.

Cheers,

Valaas

Love the predator, and that captain model. I've wanted it for a long time but as I lean more towards a primaris force I don't know if I'd actually use it...

Is this a 30k event or are you using the Dark Fury squad as a CC assault/VV unit?

Thanks for the comments everyone :biggrin.:

it is the Warhammer World Vigilus Weekender ( making the 7 hr drive down from Aberdeen), so very much 40K.

I use the Dark Furies as Vanguard Vets and the Mor'Deythan for my Sternguard. Just gives you a good looking fluffy squad rather than the vanilla kits.

Indeed. Love the work and the use of green as the Company marking.

Bonus points for you for linking the green stripes and 4th Company.....took forwever to decide where to put some green!

• 2 weeks later...

The March to the Vigilus Weekender continues.....

Vanguard Vets nearly finished, just need their power claws to be blue glowed up. Leaving that until the very end.

IMG 20181111 090955

I'm now onto the final 4! Once their complete I'll go back and do all the various power weapons with a blues glow.

IMG 20181113 010656

4 Left to complete and only 8 painting evenings left :jawdrop:

As always comments, questions and suggestions welcome.

Cheers,

Valaas

• 2 weeks later...

Well it was always going to be tough to manage the Vigilus Weekender deadline, but the 4th Company managed it!

In 6 weeks:

- 1 Predator

- 1 Captain

- 1 Lieutenant

- 6x Vanguard Vets

- 1x Sternguard Vet

I'll post individual pictures of them all tonight/tomorrow, but in the meantime......

Golden Daemon entries to the left of me .......Raven Guard to the right.....here I am stuck in the middle with you.....

IMG 20181122 010647

Golden Daemon entries....

IMG 20181122 010658

Raven Guard that headed down to Vigilus for the weekend....

IMG 20181122 011343

Also managed the 1K tournament on the Sunday, lost the first game to twin Riptide Tau, just lost the 2nd  (if it had ended turn 6 it would have been a draw, or any mission bar supply drop probably a win) against a knight Castellan and two mini-knights and beat a Necron force game three.

But most importantly, BOOM!

IMG 20181124 172959

Super happy with that result for my first ever Golden Daemon entries.

As always comments, questions and suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
Valaas

Now the dust has settled after the Vigilus Weekender, thought I'd post some of the photos of the Raven Guard that were painted to meet that deadline.....

First up is Captain Aethon Shaan, Master of the Fleet and Captain of the 4th Company:

IMG 20181201 164026

Second is his trusted Lieutenant:

IMG 20181201 170245

And lastly the finished Vanguard Vets (prepare for a load of pics...):

IMG 20181201 160721

IMG 20181201 160742

IMG 20181201 165602

IMG 20181201 160813

IMG 20181201 160823

IMG 20181201 160836

IMG 20181201 160845

Also I have a sneak peak of whats to come....

Firstly, one to get Race excited (had to treat myself after the Golden Daemon Finalist Pins):

IMG 20181201 160309

And the first test models of some very fluffy allies for my Raven Guard:

IMG 20181204 071447

As always, comments, questions and suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
Valaas

I love that captain model. I wish there was a way to buy him separately.

I love the model with the dude carrying a wounded soldier. That is awesome... now I want to figure out how to make a diorama of two marines dragging a comrade to safety.

Cheers, I guess the only way is to scour ebay for him on his own or buy the set and ebay his comrades....

The Commissar is an awesome 3rd party sculpt from Artel-W  miniatures (https://artelw.com/), they've got some really nice stuff. 

Those guys are amazing, particularly the captain.

Where are the bases from? They look like the sort of thing I want to use for my Inquisition cadre.

Thanks for the great comments!

You might find it hard to believe but the bases are the stock GW Sector Imperialis bases (Sector Imperialis).

Inquisition Cadre :-) a man after my own heart, it was my Inquisitor warband that won me one of my Golden Daemon pins.

Cheers,

Valaas

I LOVE ALL THE THINGS!

Serious envy for the Command Tanks :wub:

Right? So tell me. Valaas... how do you feel about straw man purchase? :wink:

Straw man purchase?

He means you buying the SM Command Tank box by proxy for him...

I am ALSO super jealous. If it turns out this becomes a thing, I absolutely would paypal in my portion to get down.

The only LR that belongs in my RG is that Excelsior!

To be more on-topic:

The Vanguard look great. I am a big fan of your use of white on the LT as well. Looking forward to what develops on your Kiavahr PDF ;) 

Those guys are amazing, particularly the captain.

Where are the bases from? They look like the sort of thing I want to use for my Inquisition cadre.

Thanks for the great comments!

You might find it hard to believe but the bases are the stock GW Sector Imperialis bases (Sector Imperialis).

Inquisition Cadre :-) a man after my own heart, it was my Inquisitor warband that won me one of my Golden Daemon pins.

Cheers,

Valaas

So they are. Sadly it looks like the tread plate pattern (the main draw of those bases) isn’t replicated in the 25mm bases.

I want to base my Inquisition stuff as though they’re aboard a Navy ship so I want to get deck plate style bases. However as I haven’t touched my Inquisition stuff in about 4 months I’m not rushing to find bases yet, though my Inquisitor-accompanying Red Hunters aren’t far off. Maybe I’ll have a hunt round the interwebs.

Archived