Baltus Sector Crusade general discussion

Black Cohort

I would love to connect my Vorpal Swords story with loads of different other chapters and forces. As I mentioned in the thread depicting Vorpal Swords (check my signature for reference), I am considering writing a story of a massive crusade that will see Imperial Forces pile up upon each other in the collective goal to push Orks, Chaos and Eldar from Agramento Sector, that would be called something like Mordax Campaign. I am willing to join my efforts with all those willing to participate, or alternatively, I can join others with Vorpal Swords.

tl,dr: I am not a best writer, but i love writing and would love to take part in the project mentioned in OP

So it would seem that the idea of a crusade/ campaign of some kind is a popular idea.

A few follow up questions going down that option.

Should the crusade mention/ use existing well known forces and/ or locations?

Should it feature one type or multiple types of foes, ie only focused on cleansing human rebel worlds or designed to retake a sub-sector that has multiple foes?

A non space-marine-centric project would indeed be pretty cool, just as a non-imperial centric one could be pretty cool ;)

With the run-up to the new 13th Black Crusade, I'm sure there's going to be some major plots going on here there and everywhere - well, at least that's my premise for the End Times in the Sarment Sector: the "Ashen Crusade" (traitor forces either worshipping Hashût, or controlled by those that do) against the "Azuryne Reclamation Campaign" (Imperial Forces trying to take back the terrain claimed by Chaos in the Ashen Crusade). I'd certainly be happy to see a project similar surface (in which case I would probably read it avidly), or even if you'd like to take over this part of the Sarment Sector project (in which case I'll wholeheartedly join in :P)

Thorn: why do I have our Grail Wardens in mind right now? msn-wink.gif

Hummm... Since the Grail Wardens project really is rather Space Marine centric, I'm not too sure :p I don't know if this is really what Black Cohort is looking for, or if the other members of the Grail Wardens project would be willing to open it up so much.

Here's an idea, it's kind of an indentikit project that aims at being accessible and easy to participate - first off, build a Crusade force. That's the easy bit. Everybody likes to do that. Just provide a regiment/Chapter/order/whatever, the given names of the commanding officers and what the disposition is. Keep it simple and short, maybe with a small blurb (say... a paragraph or so) and maybe a picture of what they look like for reference. More isn't required but it won't be discouraged.

Second, make a Crusade worthy of such an army. Give it a meaningful goal, make a halfway decent timeline to follow and, if someone is inclined, flesh out the details of the Crusade heirarchy. Again, this is not meant to be extensive or really in depth as it is far too easy to lose people from waning interest or burn out. Keep it short, keep it sweet.

Next, everyone provides some lore/writing/pictures/whatever for their contribution. Doesn't matter how - we'd aim to simply get material to flesh out the Crusade. It wouldn't have to be a five thousand word story if you don't want to and if you feel your writing ability isn't up to scratch, get someone else to write it. I can't stress enough that making it at least seem easy will help the project move along. That and having iron clad deadlines enforced reasonably strictly... ;)

Make of this what you will, brothers. 

Given what has been discussed I suggest that it be a crusade launched to reclaim a subsector on the eastern fringe that was cut off from the greater Imperium by elements of tyranid hive fleets.

Now, several centuries later, the Imperium is sending a crusade to reclaim those worlds that have declared independence, fallen to chaos or Xenos and chase down whatever hive tendrils remain.

It will be a combined effort, consisting largely of imperial Guardsmen and the Imperial Navy, but with support from all elements of the Imperium. A high level order of battle would look something like:

Crusade command

-145th Imperial Navy Battlegroup

-- various Astartes fleet assets and Astartes boarding parties seconded to crusade

-- mechanicus fleet assets seconded to crusade

- 37th Imperial Guard Army Group

-- astartes support

-- Imperial knights

-86th Imperial Guard Army Group

-- Mechanicus forces

-18th Imperial Guard Siege Army

-- Astartes siege and armour support

-- Titans

-- Mechanicus forces

-Crusade strategic reserve

--storm troopers/ tempestus scions

--astartes

--mechanics knights

--titans

--deathwatch kill team

--Sisters of silence

-Post-reclamation Integration Force

--Inquisition assets

--adeptus arbites forces

--sisters of battle

Thoughts?

As an overview it'll work. It's putting the cart before the horse but doing something like this before you find out who's pitching in what isn't a problem. It can always be revised if necessary.

As an overview it'll work. It's putting the cart before the horse but doing something like this before you find out who's pitching in what isn't a problem. It can always be revised if necessary.

A imperial crusade should consist of millions of guardsmen, we would never be able to fill the whole thing out in detail anyway. I figure this gives us a framework to can be modified as needed, but should help people who don't know where their ideas should fit find a spot.

I'll keep my contribution rather simple as I got plenty off other things to do but count the 26th Alphic Scorpions of the Militarum Tempestus and a Horde of the Warbeasts chapter (roughly a company) in.

:)

Given what has been discussed I suggest that it be a crusade launched to reclaim a subsector on the eastern fringe that was cut off from the greater Imperium by elements of tyranid hive fleets.

Now, several centuries later, the Imperium is sending a crusade to reclaim those worlds that have declared independence, fallen to chaos or Xenos and chase down whatever hive tendrils remain.

It will be a combined effort, consisting largely of imperial Guardsmen and the Imperial Navy, but with support from all elements of the Imperium. A high level order of battle would look something like:

Crusade command

-- various Astartes fleet assets and Astartes boarding parties seconded to crusade

-- astartes support

-- Imperial knights

-- Mechanicus forces

-- Titans

-- Mechanicus forces

--astartes

--mechanics knights

--titans

--deathwatch kill team

--Sisters of silence

--Inquisition assets

--adeptus arbites forces

--sisters of battle

Thoughts?

since the "who?" question always gets quite obvious answer, what interests me is "when?" and "where?"

give me details, and i am all in

Crusade command

-- astartes support

-- Imperial knights

-- Mechanicus forces

-- Titans

-- Mechanicus forces

--astartes

--mechanics knights

--titans

--deathwatch kill team

--Sisters of silence

--Inquisition assets

--adeptus arbites forces

--sisters of battle

Thoughts?

since the "who?" question always gets quite obvious answer, what interests me is "when?" and "where?"

It's a good starting point. It looks like anyone could jump in with any force. What we need  to decide is "What is the main goal of reclaiming these worlds?", will be a main character or force - protagonist and antagonist? I guess we can all chip in until we have the background idea for this crusade and then we could post it to get more participants. 

But you can surely count me and The Elysian Falcons 2nd Company in!

Crusade Start date: 932.M41

Target: Baltus Sub-sector in Ultima Segmentum, which is to the galactic north of Macragge, east of the Maelstrom.  We are also free to do whatever we want since I made it up about 5 minutes ago.

Perhaps an overview of the System would be a good starting point? Planets, places of interest, the like.

Looking at the first Ed dark heresy book, it would seem that most sub-sectors have about 25 Imperial systems of note, but that varies significantly and can include relatively sparsely populated systems.

If we take that as the baseline before the hive fleet cut them off we can start adding changes.

lets say 25% or so fell to xenos of some kind, so approximately 6.

another 25% fall to chaos, say 7

most of the rest go independent, say other 9.

That leaves say 3 to stay loyal, probably the sub-sector capital and 2 systems tied to it.  Likely an agri-world that supports the capital and a forge world nearby.

Is there an image we could look at?

Not at this point, personally I don't have the skills or software to make a decent stellar map, but I do plan on developing the sub-sector more over the next few days so that everyone has more than a general location, name and number of systems to work with.

Archived