Baltus Sector Crusade general discussion

Black Cohort

Give me until Finals is over and I'm sure I can pop out a few brain children. Off the top of my head is:

- The Azure Travelers, a White Scars successor that got stuck in the warp until a DAoT ship drifted by them and the pulled an Eisenstein. Only when they landed did they know that the ship was far too small to conceivably carry them all, and yet it did...

- The Eternal Sentinels, a chapter of Imperial Fist successors that harbor a dark secret - those that die in service of the chapter continue to assist the living, sharpening their aim and their blades alike.

Give me until Finals is over and I'm sure I can pop out a few brain children. Off the top of my head is:

- The Azure Travelers, a White Scars successor that got stuck in the warp until a DAoT ship drifted by them and the pulled an Eisenstein. Only when they landed did they know that the ship was far too small to conceivably carry them all, and yet it did...

- The Eternal Sentinels, a chapter of Imperial Fist successors that harbor a dark secret - those that die in service of the chapter continue to assist the living, sharpening their aim and their blades alike.

With the eternal sentinels are the spirits retained in the armour like Exarchs/ Phoenix lords, something close to legion of the damned or something else entirely?

A bit of both actually. The weapons they used, the armor of the brothers they served with them, etc, becomes imprinted with the soul's energy. Under sufficient duress, this imprint emerges, and the spirit lends a hand. So not possessed so to say, but like an animal marking their territory - if someone messes with their stuff, they'll know.

For any forces developped, I'd suggest we use the basic recommended format from last year's Liber Challenges (the last of which is here). So:

1. Space Marines:
    1. Chapter name
    2. Descended from if known
    3. Founding number if known
    4. Descendants if known
    5. Chapter origins
    6. Chapter History (notable battles etc)
    7. Battle Cry
    8. Notable Characters
    9. Colour scheme and Chapter symbol
  2. Imperial Guard:
    1. Name of Regiment/Warband/Cult
    2. Home planet/planet army is based upon
    3. Name of its Founder(s)
    4. Notable characters
    5. History
    6. Significant battles joined
    7. (to which I would probably add Equipment/Uniform/Banner)
  3. Adepta Sororitas:
    1. Order name
    2. Home planet
    3. Name of its Founder
    4. Notable Sisters
    5. History
    7. (to which I would probably add Colour Scheme and emblem)
  4. Adeptus Mechanicus (inc. Knight Houses):
    1. Name of Exploratory Fleet/Forgeworld/Cabal/Battle Group/Knight House/Titan Legion
    2. Home planet/planet army is based upon
    3. Name of its Founder(s)
    4. Notable characters (including names of Titans, Knights etc)
    5. History
    7. (to which I would probably add colour scheme and emblem)
  5. Other Agents:
    1. Name
    2. Planet of origin (if applicable)
    3. Theatres of War engaged in (if applicable)
    4. Notable characters engaged with (if applicable)
  6. Chaos Space Marines:
    1. Warband name
    2. Geneseed descent (if known)
    3. Background (how they fell to Chaos)
    4. Notable Characters (leader etc)
    5. Notable conflicts
    6. Colour scheme

These wouldn't need to be there right from the start but it would be good to have them by the end smile.png

So I've decided, I will pledge the Tempetus Scions of the Deltic Wyverns or the Enforcers, 54th Class, who use commissars as squad leaders, Lord commissars as command squad leaders, and penal legionnaires as troops and the entirety of the Eternal Sentinels who have been explained above.

ESsigil.jpg

Eternal Sentinels sigil

spacemarine.jpg

Eternal Sentinels Heraldry

http://imgh.us/Deltic_Wyverns.jpg

Deltic Wyverns Sigil

@cryptix: if i were you, I'd find a name for the scions that fits with the naming convention (ie "greek letter"+"ic" "name of animal or mythical beast" eg "alphic lions") "Enforcers" could remain a nickname to the regiment, but it looks better to stick to established naming conventions :)

• 4 weeks later...

Here is my pledge consisting of 3rd and 7th Companies of Vorpal Swords together with small elements of 1st and 10th. All nicknamed Strike Force Hellebron after last name of 3rd Company Captain in charge of the endeavor.

Chapter name: Vorpal Swords

Descended from: suspected Imperial Fists, thou records are lost

Founding number: suspected 8th, records lost 

Descendants: none known

Chapter origins: They took part in disastrous Abyssal Crusade. Before the Abyssal Crusade, Vorpal Swords Chapter were based on the world of Aurvad III in far reaches of Segmentum Ultima. Yet, due to their absence that took 800 years, no one did take care for their belongings left behind. It is noteworthy that nearly every vehicle, tool or item of any particular worth was taken on board the Chapters fleet and taken with them into the Eye of Terror. My homebrew fluff about them: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/327654-ia-my-take-on-vorpal-swords-chapter/

Chapter History: Abyssal Crusade (321.M37. - 121.M38), for the rest see my homebrew topic linked above as official lore says nothing apart from Gheistos Cataclysm (Unknown Date.M41) - The Vorpal Swords Chapter came to the aid of the beleaguered Imperial world of Gheistos, which was beset by a major Warp incursion in the form of a daemon army.

Battle Cry: "You shall perish, by the blades of Emperor's chosen!"

Notable Characters: Chapter Master Konvak Lann, Captain of 3rd Company Hellebron (Master of the Fleet)

Colour scheme (homebrew):

Veteran Sergeant Galion of 1st Company Sternguard Veteran squad, seconded to Strike Force Hellebron

http://imgur.com/zOQplXp.jpg

Veteran Sergeant Brazydas of 1st Tactical squad of 3rd Company:

http://imgur.com/fshe1yQ.jpg

and Captain Hellebron in Terminator Armor 

http://imgur.com/bCbgO9M.jpg

and Chapter symbol:

http://imgur.com/9kYqoW9.jpg

I am throwing in either a Beta-class Threat response force from either the Omega Cohort, or a Gladius Demi-Company from the Dawn Blades with a censored.gif ton of Astartes-flavor artillery support. (Suppression Forces and ATFs with Thunderfires and Whirlwinds.)

The actual force that shows up depends on precisely where in Ultima Segmentum the sector is, as one chapter is world-based (and a segmentum away) and the other is fleet based (and all over the place) (respectively), and distance is a factor. But one of the two will show, I promise that.

There is a map identifying the rough location on one of the other threads. I am on my phone right now otherwise I would repost it.

The Baltus sector is roughly where a line due north of Ultramar and a line due east of the maelstrom intersect. Putting it well in the galactic north-east.

Having looked at the map, The Dawn Blades' Solar Annihilation Force ​III​/2 will be joining this crusade. Disposition and important characters will be detailed where appropriate (once I write them up more fully). Many thanks brother!

Hi everyone (well or good "late" evening for those in the same time zone)

I would be very pleased to take part in this crusade. I'm currently working on a DIY Chapter.

Participating would allow me to flesh out their history.

To sum it up, one or two company of my soon to be written chapter are going to smash some evil alongside you guys.

His words are truth, His will absolute.

P.S I'll add a link to my DIY soon, fell free to come bash them to make them better ! ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to apologise for not making any posts in a while. My exams went on longer than expected and i had several unexpected controlled assessments.

I've been thinking of ideas and I will soon add some more information onto my contribution.

• 1 month later...

On another note entirely, and when/if my regiment is accepted, I was debating on setting up joint operations consisting of vanguard, possibly a squad of Astarte's. The idea is simple enough; small Imperial Guard regiments move deeper into Baltus to secure a port on an Agri-World. Somewhat covert mission that hides behind the guise of pirate vessels.

The Bulardis System, focused central around a Agri-World that supplies smaller Industrial Worlds, the idea is subverting their system supply lines and Agri-World communication. Do that, we draw attention vessels to the Agri-World when we decide to reveal ourselves, and while everyone is shipping over there, major crusade forces can invade the pity Industrial Worlds... The only problem is the saboteurs on the Agri-World need to live long enough for reinforcements. If we die, well, the Crusade got two or three worlds with scarce void conflict and the Agri-World will become the war-zone. If we live, we could possibly muster a militia to aid us. I'm sure serving Chaos isn't all that fun, especially when Dark Mechanicum turn you into Warp Spawn drones toiling in fields.

Operations would begin with our descriptions on what route each accompanying force used to make planet side without detection.

After everyone posts, we could make another post describing how each force maneuvered their troops into communication different communication points previously set by traitorous whores on the planet. (Traitors to Chaos but every traitor is a whore in my eyes)

When communication is established, we make fluffy posts after we agree on set positions about our own forces and how awesome they are.

We time skip a little bit at designated operation points and begin our glorious, Emperor Bicep worshiping assault. One team (Not Astarte's since they're freaking massive) sabotages port communication relay, two or three forces storm the three ports, and another one or two fortifies the rear for defense. Simple, straight forward, and enough dead heretics for everyone... Except the Marines, there's never enough dead heretics for them.

Also, we could potentially have smuggled a Knight onto a docked freighter (Don't ask how lets just say we prayed really hard and the Emperor blessed us) and during the assault, that machine bred for murder comes bursting out fire auto-cannons and mauling innocents and heretics!

Archived