Long time lurker, first time poster looking to share my 30K wolves in the hope of motivation and guidance with list building as I have only played once in the last 10 years and the current rule set seems somewhat daunting!
This will be my fourth Space Wolves army since I began playing 2nd edition 40K and the heresy era has got me interested again after starting and failing to complete large Tau and Ad Mech armies.
Like many, i'm waiting for the next black book before committing to building too many of the units but have purchased the Calth and Prospero sets.
Firstly 10 tacticals in MkIV, another 10 to be added as I understand numbers are the way to go with these guys and will look more impressive. Have the new transfer sheet but waiting till I've completed a few squads before doing the markings.
Let it snow? Yes, i committed to snow basing the whole squad after this tester.
My Calth comtemptor all wolfed up, a little more than I initially intended but I've have decided the majority of the troops will be less embellished.
W.I.P of my Ulrik, will be a stand in Centurion Chaplain until I build an appropriate Praetor.
Group shot including Terminators, Assault Squad, the beginning of MkIII tactical squad and my Sip Kaerls ready to fend off a boarding action.
Closer look at the MkIVs and Dread after application of Valhallan Blizzard. Spent way too long on the bases to then cover up with snow but will know for future.
So any critique will be great, things i need guidance on are:
- Whether to weather with chip effect on armour & dust type wash on legs or leave relatively clean.
- Which squad markings to apply and where. Dreads left kneepad is blank for this purpose.
- How to equip a Praetor?
- Whether to swap new Tartaros for more Cataphract armour or have squads of both.
- How to equip Sisters of Silence to best complement Wolves.
- How to arm Tacticals, think I want to take the extra close combat weapon for fluff, is it worth it?
- Best colour for the base rims torn between brown or back to black.