Thanks Lokkorex, I've progressed the cataphractii a bit, had been looking for suitable shoulder pads which i hope I have now so hope to post finished unit. The dwarf heads will show up a little better once highlighted i think.

• 6 months later...

So I'd put my wolves on hold for a bit in terms of modelling and painting whilst awaiting the new kits. Not entirely sure it was worth it. 

FWPreview Nov6 Varagyr1js

I've used my own cataphractii in a couple of games both as standard legion terminators and as Varagyr. Most opposition players are surprised how easily they die due to the 1 wound issue. Their damage output is marginally better than legion terminators but not worth the points. 

Still I suspect I'll be getting these in the new year and hopefully there are weapon swaps, will have to see how many parts they break down to.

• 5 months later...

So finally got round to assembling some Grey Slayers over Easter as opposed to the Tacticals who have done a fine job as stand ins for now.

Also got two practice games in as I'm heading to a campaign weekend in July, Betrayal at Incunabula. I got hammered in both (because Eidolon :dry.:) but making some progress with the rules and tactics. Having not really played much since 3rd edition the one thing that irritates me the most is not being able to choose who dies in a squad, meaning my huscarls etc have to hide in the back, not very evocative.

A few pics of my favourites and some gorgeous EC tanks from my friends army.

The squad (also a Speaker of the Dead and an apothecary)

MSGR PHOTO FOR UPLOAD 1522689519348.jpg 1522689522265

The Huscarl

MSGR PHOTO FOR UPLOAD 1522620738445.jpg 1522620746348

Two bolter lads who despite looking extremely mean sadly act as ablative wounds for the power weapon guys. They've made it to combat a few times though.

IMG 20180331 205844 362

IMG 20180331 210012 944

The whole lot bowling out of a spartan to wipe out some EC tacticals.

30624649 10212618559562314 3417569012878409728 N

Legion Termis waiting for a beatdown from Eidolon.

30624140 10212618558442286 1284199215823585280 N

Tacticals holding the rear. (only survivors)

30624062 10212618559282307 3398309984386154496 N

The EC Venator that ruined my Spartan and Contemptor

30582246 10212618558042276 6016825354323230720 N

Very nice! Any plans on adding the FW kits? Or are they not your sup of tea? Also. What is this heresy trading you speak of?

Thanks, well there are a few in there using the Grey Slayers upgrade kit but I only bought one to include 5 shields. I probably won't add FW Varagyr if you're talking specifically about Space Wolves stuff but I do have the Contemptor, as for FW in general I've got some more recent purchases to add, Sicaran Arcus and Leviathan.

Heresy Trading is a Facebook group where Heresy stuff is traded for other models be it Heresy or otherwise or very reasonably sold. There are a few other similar groups. Stuff tends to go cheaper than ebay and you avoid ebay fees. Also its a closed group so request to be added.

• 3 weeks later...

Balor  'Evil Eye' and his pack.

Finally finished these chaps a year after the first 10! They were intended as a Tactical squad but will be run as Grey Slayers until I build something more specific. Another pack of 20 MKIIIs is close behind too.

This is a good looking group of wolves here.  I'm glad you persisted! 

My projects, although small, tend to run very long as well.  Time is always limited.  :happy.:

Balor  'Evil Eye' and his pack.

Finally finished these chaps a year after the first 10! They were intended as a Tactical squad but will be run as Grey Slayers until I build something more specific. Another pack of 20 MKIIIs is close behind too.

This is a good looking group of wolves here.  I'm glad you persisted! 

My projects, although small, tend to run very long as well.  Time is always limited.  :happy.:

Thanks bud, I'm planning on completing another 30 Grey SLayers this weekend pending a forgeworld delivery, mixed unit of MKii and MKiv.

• 2 weeks later...

So the Forgeworld delivery never arrived, I contacted them 12 days after the dispatch date and they very kindly offered to send the order again however as it contained Last Chance to Buy Space Wolf Torsos, it will take up to 35 days as they will need to run a batch again. Kind of makes you wonder why they just haven't put these items on made to order. I'm sure people wouldn't mind waiting for bits they really want.

It means completing my 40 grey slayers for July is going to be tight but i'll get as much done in the meantime.

The beginning of the mixed MKii and MKiv squad:

MSGR PHOTO FOR UPLOAD 1527190941415.jpg 1527190946459

Based and PVA-d the entire 40 ready for priming:

MSGR PHOTO FOR UPLOAD 1527190896375.jpg 1527190899207

Close up of some MKii:

IMG 20180524 234752 322

Close up of some MKiv made from destroyers (I use this totem as the Vexillia in all my units:

IMG 20180524 235242 190

The Huscarl ready to pound someone into the dirt (presumably for stealing his back pack):

IMG 20180519 173302 586

Loading out the squad as follows:

Huscarl with power fist.

4 more with power fist

4 with power axes

4 with power swords

7 with bolt pistol and chainswords (poor little bullet shields :blush.: )

Sorry to hear that your order went AWOL.. Who knows it may yet show up :)

Pulling the legion torso's was a bad move by FW and Made to order wold have been great

• 1 month later...

SO I received the following email from Forgeworld having waited since 4th May for my order confirming that I won't be getting my Space Wolves Upgrade Torsos:

Hi 

Sorry for the delay on this one. I have just chased this up with our logistics team and it looks like the sample order has not fulfilled due to the space wolves torsos moulds being damaged beyond repair. sadly our casting team cannot produce any more to an acceptable quality and we have non left in stock whats so ever due to the last chance to buy phase. As such I am very sorry to inform you that we cannot fulfill this portion of your order and will have to process a refund.

I have already raised another order on the main web store side for the remaining items to ship out to your address specified in your last email by express post.

A refund for the 4 torso sets will be back with you in the next few days.,

Once again I am very sorry for the inconvenience this may cause 

Not the end of the world but a little disappointing and I now have just 3 weeks to bash together my remaining Grey Slayers from other parts.

With that in mind anyone have any spare torsos they are willing to sell? Need at least 9, was waiting on 20 but 9 will complete the squad at least.

• 9 months later...

Archived