Codex: Imperial Agents

Banjulhu

Hello again

Once you've had a think about your lists you should post them up in the army lists section. I'd be interested to see what other people come up with. smile.png

Two 1k lists built so far.

The first is standard sisters - Canoness, two squads of Sisters in Immolators with melta turrets, Command squad, two squads of Celestians and Exorcist in Combined Arms, with a formation of priest, 5 DCAs, 2 crusaders and three arco-flagellants.

The second, well that's something else. Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband of 34 (!) models, plus Coteaz, another inquisitor and the return of my Frateris Militia in the form of Ted, Jack and Dougal. It's probably going to be terrible, but the big squad is hoping for Invisibility, with Coteaz trying to be at the centre of the board to batter Deep Strikers with the 6 Jokaero (who will upgrade the unit with +1 armour save and Rending).

I'm in the process of painting some sisters (unfortunately the acolytes in the formation are currently stormtroopers).

Cool.

There'll be hell to pay if the cart comes off the tracks in the salt mine. Post them up here or here so we don't derail the thread. 

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/328857-post-your-cia-lists/
or here
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/forum/179-adepta-sororitas-army-lists/

I'm in the process of painting some sisters (unfortunately the acolytes in the formation are currently stormtroopers).

There's nothing wrong with running some proxi or count-as as long as it's not to much and simple enough for your opponent to keep track of. 

Well, after digesting the book... I just wasted $40. Celestine Command Squad > Elite section is nice, I guess. And that is it. Copy/paste lazyness, but something that we should be use to now. Back to the eBook.

I knew there weren't any real changes when I bought the thing, but I still like it.

Also, I'm getting one of the old Witch Hunter Inquisitors (made to order, the one with the Bolt Pistol and Power Sword). Looking at the rules for her, I'm a little sad she can't get rad or psychotrope grenades, but the other wargear looks really fun :) I don't own the Inquitition e-dex, so this is all new to me :P

I'm thinking of running her as follows:

Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor (83 points)

- Power Armour

- Null Rod

- Psyocculum

and I get a free Warlord Trait, so that's fun.

And today I got my third Exorcist, my 4th and 5th Immolators/Rhinos, and I'm up to 12 meltaguns. I'll be giving most all of my units transports in the future, and I think it's going to help a lot. And 3 Exorcists :P

I am a bit out of the loop but does C:IA not completely replace Codex: Adepta Sororitas?

Can you still use C:AS?

It no more replaces C:AS than KDK replaces CSM.

Except KDK are faction KDK, not CSM, C:IA are newest book to have whole of faction AS in it, so yeah, it pretty much replaces it. Initial replies on GW facebook even said as much.

Besides, now that we know Celestine gets new model (so much better than awful Veridian it's not even funny) and rules, is there any reason to cling to C:AS anymore? Anything else besides her missing from C:IA that I forgot about?

Once FoCadia comes out with Celestine and Gemini rules the only thing you will want out of C:AS is having your AoF last till the end of phase rather than end of turn. Oh wait....

You might be able to squeak in a cheaper version of Celestine depending on the cost of the new one. I have had the chance to run my double CAD (one AS one IA) to get five Doms, one Command Squad with Condemnors as well as Celestine and 5 Seraphim in at 1850. Everyone started dumping their psykers after that.

So I went back to six Doms and loaned my Condemnor Squad and a priest to my nephews mech Black Templars. Quite a bit of a gem there. I'm not sure if I will keep my Hospitaller in there, originally put her in to make sure the Inquisitor got stuck in with her Null Rod.

Five Celestians with condemnor boltguns in a Repressor bouncing around with a Priest has had quite a bit of effect on the psyker count already.

GW on Facebook said it was a replacement, but Customer Service via email replies the opposite. Besides, if it replaces the C:AS why would the Sororitas codex still be fire sale? And why would Veridyan be usable in both books?

Answer: because it's not a replacement and GW Facebook was wrong.

GW's policy has been anything still in print is considered current and valid. Meaning we can use either C:AS, C:IA or both. So until the moment C:AS is taken down from sale it's still a valid source. 

Personally I'll be using C:IA for the sake of having an officially printed set of the rules, and updated verbiage, in my hand rather than my print off of the digidex which looks a little sketchy. With that being said though, i'll still be using the digidex as a source for Celestine until Fail of Cadia is released even though i suspect it'll be a copy-paste job + retinue. After that i suspect that i won't be using the Digidex at all as it more or less becomes completely superfluous at that point. 

I'm still not sure about the codex. I have small units of many of the factions, but I may have to wait until a FAQ comes to see if some things would make more sense at that point (such as the transport issues). In the meanwhile I can just use the older publications.

Tbh the transport issue for Inq will probably be resolved along the lines of if you X as a dedicated transport for unit Y it counts as being from Y's faction" which makes sense. it seems to me that they only did it the way the did was to save pages and not put in duplicate unit entries.

As for the Valks, they will still be useless. 

Kinda wish it had more of Mechanicus/Skitarii than just techpriest+servitors though. I may end up getting a Skitarii starter box at some point after all despite just telling myself not to these past few days, after all I can just use the formation without needing more models necessarily. Annoying with needing so many books though, I would need a laptop rather than a tablet at the gaming table to sensibly use the eBook versions (if using more than one codex that is).

I might switch to C:IA now as the most contentious issue is being addressed; Celestine.

That was the big issue holding me back but now that that is being fixed it will be nice to have the rules in print form.

I've already cut apart my C:IA to get the Sisters rules by themselves. I guess that means I'll be cutting up Fall of Cadia too :P

I might switch to C:IA now as the most contentious issue is being addressed; Celestine. 

That was the big issue holding me back but now that that is being fixed it will be nice to have the rules in print form.

Yeah, I'm switching over too, especially as I still like to run an old Witch Hunter army that mixes in Inquisitors and Assassins with my Sisters from time to time. Getting Celestine and Greyfax, and perhaps some formations, in Fall of Cadia will hopefully make up for some of the shortcomings of the tweaked Sisters list. It also means I need less books to run an army, especially if I end up throwing a Knight in with my forces too.

I've already cut apart my C:IA to get the Sisters rules by themselves. I guess that means I'll be cutting up Fall of Cadia too tongue.png

Heresy!

. . . How is this heresy? I cut out the psyker and mutant filth along with a bunch of other irrelevant stuff :P

Archived