THE PALADIN CHALLENGE COMPLETE! - WINNER - LOSTRAEL

Might as well give it a shot.

I GreyRavenC, with all my strength, honour and faith in the Lion, pledge my Champion Paran. Failure of my oath is an option.

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p553/GreyRavenC/DSCN28981_zpszz7d87ex.jpg

That's the spirit! Great use of the chaplain for a base

Almost done!

gallery_48108_12527_29604.jpg

It was a pain to remove that helmet, but I really wanted something a little more special. I have ordered a set of "Death mask", but my local store is having difficulties in getting one from GW. Hopefully he will soon get a helmet, until then, behold Hektor, the headless wonder laugh.png

Hey Arkley, I'm really wanting to participate. I'm just waiting for my supplies to arrive from home. I actually had everything shipped overseas in the hopes that it would be here in time to participate! It looks it will get here with about a week left but! My dad forgot to send me all my basing materials. I have it all on order now but it won't be here until late November.

So would it be ok to just model and paint my champion, and still be eligible for the competition?

Hey Arkley, I'm really wanting to participate. I'm just waiting for my supplies to arrive from home. I actually had everything shipped overseas in the hopes that it would be here in time to participate! It looks it will get here with about a week left but! My dad forgot to send me all my basing materials. I have it all on order now but it won't be here until late November.

So would it be ok to just model and paint my champion, and still be eligible for the competition?

I feel your pain.... I am not home till the 8th.

I am sure we can sort something out man.

Some kind of kukris, aren't they? They seem better fitting for a dual fighting style. smile.png

Will you put the Jump Pack back on?

Sorry a little late, yeah the jump pack will go back on or did you mean you wanted a pic with the swords and jump pack on?

A little morning update, should be finished tonight/tomorrow. I will probably leave the base/weathering till he has a squad, hope that's OK.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj150/o0_Darkeh_0o/20161104_204842.jpg

Its great to see all of the progress with this challenge!  

@DarkRage: Looks really sharp!  Two swords and a jump pack, not a bad way to go!

@ Arioch: That torso looks pretty familiar, it looks great with the black and gold.  I cannot wait to see it done!

@GRC:  Great idea to use the chaplain.The pose is very dynamic!

Well, here is my WIP.  My focus is has been on my knight but I need to get this guy done too.  Right after the picture was taken, the back drop collapsed and knocked the mini to the floor.  It broke the sword but I was able to repair it.  There was a slight misalignment but I was able to fix it!  Here he is!

30760390286_9606d3bb83_c.jpg

ok guys, so this isnt my official pledge... but! i thought id give a teaser of what is to come :) just waiting for the rest of the stuff to arrive from the states. i present to you, Esdra Espada... well pieces of him at least haha

20161103 145839 (1)

dark rage: No fair he has 3 swords! haha great work the mini looks awesome! loving the blood effects on his swords :)

epher: long time no chat brother! excellent work! those sanguinary guard do have some awesome bits huh? i love that jump pack! keep up the good work!

I can say that I was able to complete one of my vows! Lothar is complete and there are more pics to follow in my thread. He is Company Master of the 5th and paired with his Chaplain, Charon. A true angel of death and doling it from the skies!

30706628242_b3bfcae651_z.jpg

On a modeling note, the lighting brought out a decaling defect. I did not use enough Micro Sol as the lighting brought it out. It seemed fine before the pics. sad.png I painted over the edges with Abbadon Black and now cannot fix the seam.

Hey, jbaeza! It is good to be back and take some more time for the hobby. The SG bits are fun and really bring out the angel in Dark Angels!

The arms are magnetized so I can swap out the sword for thunder hammer or the shield for a storm bolter or what ever is needed. As far as Lothar's role in the GotC goes, he cannot be part of a command squad or veteran's squad. He will be the Master of the 5th Company. I can pair him up with Charon who also ha

I Jbaeza94, with all my strength, honour and faith in the Lion, pledge Esdra Espada, the Sword of Liamane,  Champion of Cohort Leonus, Legion of the Iron Lions. Failure of my oath is not an option.

20161107 165803

so here it is guys! all my stuff just got here today! yes i know he is not put together, i cant do that whole paint the whole thing at one time. this will need to be painted in sections because of the bionics. either way, hope you guys like what im aiming for!

Jbaeza!  That is an interesting collection of bits.  I only recognize the sword from the Sanguinary Guard.  Dare I ask where you got them all from?  I am looking forward to seeing this build!

Jbaeza! That is an interesting collection of bits. I only recognize the sword from the Sanguinary Guard. Dare I ask where you got them all from? I am looking forward to seeing this build!

One shoulder pad and torso, Sevrin Loths Honourguard,

Sternguard shoulderpad

Kromlech Shield

FW bionic arm

Sang Guard Sword

Legs and Head not sure. smile.png

Good job Arkley!

almost got it.

Shoulder Pad and Torso from Sevrin Loth Honour Guard

Back pack and shoulder pad from 2014 Limited Edition Powerfist captain

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/920x950/99020101067_WESMCaptainLeadImage1.jpg

FW Bionic arm

Sanguinary Guard sword (was originally going to be black knights champion arm and sword but that sprue wasnt sent over sad.png )

Kromlech Legs, shield, and helmet

progress. i did most of the airbrushing last night, it was my first time attempting to airbrush a space marine. im pretty happy. i tried some zenithal highlighting on the armor, to varying degrees of succes. i was also hoping the metal in the bionic leg would be more different in color but when i peeled off the tape it was very similar. oh well. i went with a non traditional orange/red blade. im pretty pleased with it, since again it is my first time. let me know what you guys think!

20161109 205940

on a side note. my parents forgot to ship out my brush paints, including my washes so i will be doing it with airbrush paints. which isnt a big deal until we get to the subject of washing. so i was wondering if anyone had any idea if i could thin black alot to make a pseudo wash. any suggestion or alternatives would be  appreciated

Archived