Upcoming Primarch Novellas - Your Expectations

b1soul

In John French´s excellent "Warmaster" audio, Horus Lupercal does exactly murmur about the Primarchs who sided with him, and bemoans that the likes of Sanguinius, Ferrus, The Lion etc chose to stand against him, and that as a result, he is left with the broken, damaged and "lesser" of his brothers, being Fulgrim, Lorgar, Angron and the others.

I think it fair to say that whilst Mortarion plays second fiddle, he is the closest Horus has to a "reliable" Primarch in his camp - I mean, look at the rest of the lot:

Fulgrim - ascended to Daemonhood and entirely subject to his own whims

Angron - caged, rage machine who is entirely consumed with bloodlust and unable to make grand, galaxy-wide strategic plans

Perturabo - he could be a reliable second

Mortarion - he is the reliable, stoic, unfeeling second

Lorgar - religious zealot, who is far gone and entirely unreliable as he is subject to "The gods wills it!!!"

Alpharius - unreliable and untrustworthy in the extreme

Magnus the Red - A very reluctant ally, who was rather "tricked" into Heresy, and that because Horus himself subverted the orders forwarded to Leman Russ.

Konrad Curze - bonkers, bloodthirsty and unreliable as heck, even if he does go "I am Batman Night Haunter!" on Macragge in Unremembered Empire

So of alle the Primarchs who sided with Horus, only two would be suitable seconds - Mortarion and Perturabo, both of who seem to have had a greater admiration for Horus than the others...

That said, I am very much look forward to a Mortarion Primarchs entry, and hoping it will be done by Chris Wraight!

Regards,

Master Ciaphas   

In John French´s excellent "Warmaster" audio, Horus Lupercal does exactly murmur about the Primarchs who sided with him, and bemoans that the likes of Sanguinius, Ferrus, The Lion etc chose to stand against him, and that as a result, he is left with the broken, damaged and "lesser" of his brothers, being Fulgrim, Lorgar, Angron and the others.

I think it fair to say that whilst Mortarion plays second fiddle, he is the closest Horus has to a "reliable" Primarch in his camp - I mean, look at the rest of the lot:

Angron - caged, rage machine who is entirely consumed with bloodlust and unable to make grand, galaxy-wide strategic plans

Lorgar - religious zealot, who is far gone and entirely unreliable as he is subject to "The gods wills it!!!"

Magnus the Red - A very reluctant ally, who was rather "tricked" into Heresy, and that because Horus himself subverted the orders forwarded to Leman Russ.

Konrad Curze - bonkers, bloodthirsty and unreliable as heck, even if he does go "I am Batman Night Haunter!" on Macragge in Unremembered Empire

So of alle the Primarchs who sided with Horus, only two would be suitable seconds - Mortarion and Perturabo, both of who seem to have had a greater admiration for Horus than the others...

That said, I am very much look forward to a Mortarion Primarchs entry, and hoping it will be done by Chris Wraight!

Regards,

Master Ciaphas   

Regards,

Master Ciaphas   

Regards,

Master Ciaphas   

Good points. Your response inspired me to start a separate thread:  http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/332913-who-and-why-horus-attempted-to-convert-some-of-his-brothers/ 

What do you think Alpharius' book could be about? Has anyone discussed that already? 12 pages of notes, nnnnot that eager to go searching through it.

Oooh, if I'm being honest I'm a little leery of buying Lorgar's novel. All the Chaos Primarchs have such tragic stories to them, makes me sad to read about back when they were still struggling/hopeful and such.

BL...I've been sitting on a nugget in this interview for 3 months since I recorded it. I can't wait to release this tomorrow. edit: hopefully it hasn't changed.

Yes, I'm being a dick and hopefully not wasting this dickery chance :)

I rather like the idea that Mortarion sees his position as vindication, not an n-th best. That is: it's not about being the best, but being the best left standing.

Indeed you are right Xisor.

What do you think Alpharius' book could be about? Has anyone discussed that already? 12 pages of notes, nnnnot that eager to go searching through it.

Oooh, if I'm being honest I'm a little leery of buying Lorgar's novel. All the Chaos Primarchs have such tragic stories to them, makes me sad to read about back when they were still struggling/hopeful and such.

I hope it will cover that vision Silonius saw in Praetorian of Dorn. It was strange and interesting. Or some 'Harrowing' during early years. Or 'Alpharius' story through Omegon retrospective after the PoD events.

Archived