Alpha Legion Kill Team

Scourged

I teased these a bit in my completion of a Vow in the Call of Chaos. I still had a Calth tactical squad laying around, untouched, so I figured I'd finally do something with them. So, I whipped up some new friends from the Hydra. Enjoy. 

http://i.imgur.com/HNGGaz4.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/nFuJrRl.jpg?1

Ask, and ye shall receive. 

First, thanks for the great feedback folks. Second, all of the main color was done using Createx Airbrush Colors. The stuff is dirt cheap at hobby stores and works great. I used a total of three colors: Pearlized Blue, Pearlized Green, and Pearlized Silver, then mixed in a reducer to help the flow a bit. 

Prime: Black. Easy.

Basecoat: Create a mix of paints in the following ratios - 1B:1G:3S:2Reducer. Paint every inch of the models evenly for a solid basecoat. It'll look more on the greener side, but that's what you want. It's what will create a subtle gradient after the next step.

Zeninthal: Create a mix of paints in the following ratios - 1B:6S:3Reducer. This makes a nice shiny blue for a topcoat. Simply spray at 45 degree angle until there's a predominant blue shade to the top halves of the models. From above they'll be blue, from below green, and straight on they'll have that rich cerulean you see in my finished product.

Details: Apply Drakenhof Nightshade as necessary in all the recessed areas. All the trim is just Citadel Iron Breaker. Mephiston for eye lenses and hoses. Leadbelcher and black on the guns. Leather is just Mournfang Brown with a heavy Agrax wash. Dust effect is straight from the GW quick tip - drybrush of Steel Legion Drab.

Bases: So for these, I found a tube of Liquitex Basics Texture Gel. Just slather it on the base in an irregular pattern to your liking and let dry overnight. Paint with Mournfang, drybrush with Tallarn Sand then Karak Stone. Way cheaper than using the Citadel texture stuff out of the pot. Stick on some grass flock and you're done. 

Excellent work.

The blue-green metallic turned out great! Did you use the Forgeworld method? If not, how did you swing it? It is fantastic.

The basing works very well with the scheme, too.

@Corswain - I've entertained the idea, yeah. But, as it is, I have a cabinet full of Scourged marines and a handful of daemons taking up all my storage/display case as it is. If I do expand any, it'll just be in bits and pieces - I do still have plenty of decals left to go. No plans for a 30k army at all anytime soon! Although, I could probably still grab some cheap Calth terminators and a contemptor, maybe get the HQs as well...

Lol. It's a slippery slope. One I've thrown myself down head first. :)

I do enjoy a kill-team. It's a great opportunity to do something different. Have a change of pace.

Again, beautifully done. Have you got any other threads on the B&C? If so, where can I find it? My search-fu is weak tonight.

Oh, I have no doubt of the slipperiness!

I don't have any real showcase threads, that I can think of. There might be some old ones, but that'd be it. The best places I can steer you toward would be the 2016 ETL and Call of Chaos, and the 2015 Call of Chaos. I've put forth big vows in all of those, so it'll highlight my main forces, though incompletely. I probably should do a full army thread one of these days...

Otherwise most of my posting has been in the Chaos Inspiration Friday fiction thread.

Archived