My "Vostroyan Legion"

tvih

Yes, I came a bit unstick with shared parts in my recent squad - fortunately I have another box of Scions I could raid ;) I only magnetise squad leaders usually so it's not a bit issue for me :)

For the missing bit, Bitz sites could help though this might vary in cost depending on demand (though I'd expect it to be low?). Alternatively perhaps a local hobbyist has a spare or parts to trade?

With postage and all buying a spare is usually too costly even if you find the right part. And after all it's a part that is required for the model so people are unlikely to have any lying around extra. I mean of course the model can be assembled without it - it's one of the middle parts of the leg where you put the two halves together - but it's certainly visible that it is missing. I have sort of the same problem with one of my SM Centurions where an outer leg brace thingie is missing and I don't even have another of the exact same part to try to mould-replicate it.

As for the magnetization, it's so annoying to do but for units with options it feels wrong to not do it, I get kinda OCD about it. For the Scions if you use it as a command squad EVERY model could have non-standard item layout. And even for a regular one you can have two specials + vox, which together with Tempestor would leave just one basic hotshot-lasgun. So technically should magnetize all of them because I like upgrading squads too much but at the same time sometimes you just need the cheapest configuration. Such a bother. Right now I have 5 ready for painting otherwise but only 3 are magnetized.

When you're weird in the head, too many options can be a bad thing :P

Edited by tvih