Angels Tenebrae - First Legion Log

depthcharge12

I wanted to preface this post by saying: ANY AND ALL 1st LEGION POSTERS ARE WELCOME ON THIS THREAD! smile.png

If that is the case, then here is a truescale Dark Angel I did as a proportions-study of sorts a while ago. :) Very proud of him and contemplating to do a few more in MK III armour based on Death Guard Grave Warden terminators.

Stellar work so far everyone! :D

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/hodoalmir/_20161115_211819_zpskcnzcu2o.jpg

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster! How do i add images to here? I use my mobile phone to scryer this site and cant figure out how.. love to add my fledging mk 3 terran ironwing army :( and my growing mk 4 calibanite dreadwing army

+ air reinforcements inbound, in the form of a first legion Xiphon!

I think it's image hosting sites you need, like Photobucket etc.

I'll be adding some of my own 1st legion when I get round to doing some more with them. I'm gonna try using the Photobucket app to upload from my phone and then link across to here, so that might be an option for you?

Loving some of the owrk shown in the thread so far - some really inspiring work, and so many ideas to influence my own builds :)

@ Deffrekka: I use the B&C's own image hosting facility for most of my pics. There's nothing wrong with photo bucket (I do use it myself occasionally), but I find it much more convenient to use the one on this forum.

First of all, make sure you're looking at the web version of the B&C rather than the mobile version.

Click on your user name in the top left corner of the screen. From the options that appear, select My Gallery.

Click on Upload, then follow the instructions. Any problems shoot me a PM or ask in this thread again. Looking forward to seeing your Iron & Dread-wings! ☺

@ The Observer: Welcome aboard! That's a really cool true-scale conversion, and I particularly like the rendition of an old school boltgun! ☺

Will hopefully have an update ready myself in the next few days ☺

+++ Resuming Download +++

Vox Transcript.

Source: Equitorial Deployment Zone/Haraxian Prime Campaign/First Rangdan Xenocide.

+ Site is compromised. I repeat, extraction site is compromised. Enemy Infiltrators have infested this area... +

gallery_917_12575_205728.jpg

+ All our officers are down...they targeted them first, couldn't stop them...these things just soak up bolterfire...I saw the Captain being dismembered...ripped him into a dozen pieces... +

gallery_917_12575_1857360.jpg

+ Another wave of slave constructs incoming...Orks this time, at least they used to be Orks...what the hell have they done to them?...go for head shots, quickest way to bring them down... +

gallery_917_12575_388648.jpg

+ Tendrils wrapped all around the xeno's brainstem...literally filling it's skull cavity...is this how the Slaugth control them?... +

gallery_917_12575_680674.jpg

+ Casualties approaching ninety per cent...we need immediate reinforcement... +

gallery_917_12575_633625.jpg

med_gallery_917_12575_44017.jpg

+++ Download Paused +++

Cheers guys smile.png With the shoulder pads, I was trying to emulate the armour style from this excellent piece of artwork by IronHandsFanatic:

gallery_53779_9225_292854.jpg

gallery_917_12575_633625.jpg

Anvil's Medieval Pads aren't a bad match, IMO. I also really want to recreate that half gorget from the marine on the left, but I'm still trying out different ideas for that.

@ ephrael: Cheers mate! smile.png The grenade launcher is also from Anvil Industry. They used to do two different sizes (this was the shorter one), but it looks like only the longer version (which I think Forward Assist used on the combi-volkite in his diarama) is currently available. It would probably still fit under a bolter, but it would obviously protrude from the front a bit more (a bit like a M16/M203 maybe?)

@ lionofjudah: It's not a GK head mate, although they're similar enough to mistake for each other (and I have substituted GK heads on other models to replicate the look.) This one is actually from Forgeworld's DA upgrade set smile.png .

+++ Resuming Download +++

Vid Capture: First Legion Officer, recorded in the aftermath of the Krell Massacre, Third Rangdan Xenocide, 890.M30

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag344/mat_at/IMG_20161210_102242_zps7aok7xmb.jpg

Subject identified as Barachiel, Centurion of the 22nd Assault Company

gallery_917_12575_399762.jpg

Other recorded titles/honourifics: Paladin of the Third Host, 'Knight of Woe", Voted Successor of the Deathwing???

gallery_917_12575_997243.jpg

+++ Download Paused +++

gallery_93227_12653_51816.jpg

+++ Data Transmission +++

Vox Transcript.

Source: Equitorial Deployment Zone/Haraxian Prime Campaign/First Rangdan Xenocide.

​Reinforcements inbound... Look to skies brother.

Astrayn, Sergeant at arms of the 32nd Host under their penance of silence crusade.

After the loss of the company's ranking officer to the Rangdan, Astrayn took effective command of what was left.

---------------------------------------------------------------

gallery_93227_12653_88770.jpg

Squad Astrayn, Veterans of the Unification Wars, sent to the front lines to combat the Rangdan.

gallery_93227_12653_26888.jpg

Bethor, Sergeant of the 32nd Host.

He is not yet complete, trying to find a damaged mk3 helmet for him, was looking at the casualties on the primarch's scenic bases but cant get them on ebay..

gallery_93227_12653_81456.jpg

Squad Bethor.

gallery_93227_12653_7823.jpg

Designation: Herald of Angels.

gallery_93227_12653_36856.jpg

Squad Zadkiel

Thats just a couple of my Dark Angels i am working on guys wub.png . Open for any ideas and hints.

need another 12 more :( but im obsessed with the choom tongue.png

but they cost so much the plastic ones do, and the fw chargers dont look right on tartaros armour i found so will porbs have to bite the bullet an spend my money on the plastic ones.

@ Deffrekka: Awesome (and Choom-tastic!) work mate! ☺

@ deathspectersrg7: Cheers brother! ☺ I am writing another piece of Rangdan fiction, but as this is kind-of a First Legion community thread, I don't want to clog it up with big blocks of text. So I'm going to carry on posting fluff in my Vengeance of Angels thread instead.

Archived