SnakeChislers Deathwatch

SnakeChisler

OK so I always figure if I log stuff then I'm more likely to finish these projects

Load outs can vary I bought a large built army 2nd hand this is just what I've decided to paint up 1st

On to my 1st Kill team painting project the pain train starts here (all transports are courtesy of the Dark Angels msn-wink.gif

Squad Name - ????? (dunno yet)

Sgt - Auspex, Storm Shield

2 Shotguns

2 Frag Cannons

1 Terminator - Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield

1 Vanguard Veteran - Storm Shield Power Weapon

Kill Team 01

Very good to see this Snake. I know you as a good player from my DA days, so I look forward to seeing you flex some Deathwatch soon!

Looks good, and a nice load out to start. I hope this helps motivate you too. It's a very fun army to assemble/paint with all the character. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Kill Team 1 finished

starting on stalker squad next i think

KillTeam1b S

Squad  CorAutMors (Heart or Death)

Brother - Brynjar  / TH/SS   / (Warrior in armor)    
Brother - Torbjorn  / Frag Cannon / (bear of Thor)
Brother - Riskel  / Shot Gun 
Brother - Adelram / Jump Pack / (Dark Raven)
Brother - Elyon / Auspex/SS
Brother - Hasmal / Frag Cannon
Brother - Gilad Shotgun

3 Dark Angels 2 Space wolves a Raven Guard and a Blood Angel

Looks very nice Snake. I like the bits you've chosen, and the loadout is high end stuff! (nice basing too)

Do you intend to run the Vanguard in a squad of VV or just part of a kill team? I've gone both ways with mine, and I'll tell you one thing, if Raven Guard could take heavy hammers, it might sell me on that army list. But the Vanguard in general are useful to a squad wanting some CC action. I've been putting my Maul's on Srgnts, and keeping the HH on the VV for non-challenges and re-rolls on charge.

Looks very nice. Except those poor buggers better watch their backs with 3 Dark Angels in the squad! ;)

Thank you I appreciate the support the Terminator was a real challenge how to make the runes stand out on black I went for a blue glaze slowly fed into the lines

I went for red type fur in the end to give a contrast not really Bear like on the loin cloth but did do a nice dead animal paw on the shield

Hats off to GW the level of model detail you can get is stunning

Stalker squad should be fairly regular the next 2 standouts though are a couple of Lightning Klaw jump pack vets, slice and dice boys slice and dice ;)

KillTeam1c S

Looks very nice Snake. I like the bits you've chosen, and the loadout is high end stuff! (nice basing too)

Do you intend to run the Vanguard in a squad of VV or just part of a kill team? I've gone both ways with mine, and I'll tell you one thing, if Raven Guard could take heavy hammers, it might sell me on that army list. But the Vanguard in general are useful to a squad wanting some CC action. I've been putting my Maul's on Srgnts, and keeping the HH on the VV for non-challenges and re-rolls on charge.

Looks very nice. Except those poor buggers better watch their backs with 3 Dark Angels in the squad! ;)

I got the entire army pre-built off ebay and there was just loads of it, still trying to figure out the best ways to use it, some tactics just scream KT but others would work better as a CAD. There are some really interesting options for small 2 to 3 man teams, I've already been scouring my bits box and equipped a couple more of the terminators with Typhoon.

The KT loadout I chose mostly so I could try different Buffs and not just default to aquilla and it splits down to usable CAD options if you do 3 the same

That shield is awesome. Great job.

Yea on the Kill Teams at first I tried rotating pretty much all of them. I even used the Bike one just to mitigate dangerous terrain deep strikes, and tank for the team. Eventually I found it was just too situational, and largely inefficient and that's just because our base (cheapest) dude is 22 points. That's hard to work around.

I think it's a great idea to experiment though. Basically that's how I came to ditching the BSSF (or minimizing it just to get army wide Tactics changes) and most of my experimenting came in the form of the CAD from that point on.

• 4 weeks later...

So Xmas has come and gone been busy doing stuff for other people as I'm the Airbrush guy and I've been off Snowboarding anyways these have been hanging round needing a finish and base for weeks now & Finally got them done.

The Stalker squad bit of a rush job on the 3 conversions but look good enough to pass inspection by the wisywig police

Stalker BoltGun

I'm a bit of a Barfly when it comes to projects anyways this is my latest addition to the Deathwatch a new HQ eek.gif + a few guys to help along

The embodiment of the Emperors Will made manifest in Saintly form let all his enemies quake in fear and her radiant figure cast renewed hope to the armies of the Imperium

celestine

The 2 shreddie guys are there to add a bit more punch to the unit also the Vanguard give them re-rolls for Charge distance and the ability to multi-charge with no penalty

With Hit & Run the plan is always to charge your Turn stay locked in their turn Hit & Run to the next target 2 Claws may kill a bit too much still they will look good

By the way anyone buying the box set the other 2 models just soooo cool

Nice and crisp work. It's an amazing model but I wonder how well it will transport? I'm still waiting for mine, but don't know how I'll get it from point A to B without excessive boxing/packing. It looks like the litany would snap if you're not careful.

Great work, SC! For my money, I think investing in a specially cut foam tray will be a necessity for Celestine, though I'll probably be reinforcing her spindly basing with a flight stand or something. tongue.png

• 4 weeks later...

Well been kind of busy anyways finally got round to finishing Celestine and also Done Setorax

Been pairing the deathwatch element up with my usual Dark Angels demi so been trying different combo's a Captain with pimp sword has joined in the fun working on a Deathwatch jump captain at the moment but he's going to be very expensive at nearly 200 still a pretty lethal killing machine just way over costed

Would probably have gone for a chaplain to be honest but the lack of any fast option for both him and the librarian is frustrating

Still working on figuring a way to get a mostly Deathwatch army initial tests look like some Heavy Thunder Hammers in this squad would work we shall see, if I do that the DA character will probably change to a Chaplain on a Bike to make sure stuff stays dead

Saintly Squad

Might help if i post the photo oops

Looks deadly! Great pose. (Interesting weapon loadout)

Do you use him often in your lists?

Just converted him but have used a Captain + Setorax 4/5 times now with Celestine

Load out is part down to what he came with and part me, the DA Captain has failed his leadership test twice now on the funky sword of doom even so he's performed like a boss switching him out of DA Demi for a chaplain on a Bike gave the squad Permanent Zealot and took it to another level of killyness. Saintly blessings for furious charge re-rolls to hit and shred on the claws (9 ap3 S5 attacks) 6 S6 AP3 attacks 8 AP3 S4 Attacks & 4 AP4 S6 Attacks on ze charge

I'm going to put a standard VV squad of 3 guys together but Setorax really winds up my opponents with the 2+ cover save on top of the 2+ armour and it makes the Tau guy burn markers trying to bring them down & any sort of other heavy fire just seem wasted

I5 and 2+ armour are the main things especially now Tau get ap3 on fire warriors and I'd heartily recommend a Chaplain on a bike or with Jump Pack

Gosh! nice work here! Especially the paintjobs!

May I ask, what do you base your bases with? The small woodenlooking flecks that covers the base and is sprinkled upon the rocks?

Gosh! nice work here! Especially the paintjobs!

May I ask, what do you base your bases with? The small woodenlooking flecks that covers the base and is sprinkled upon the rocks?

I paint the bases 1st with 2 coats

The big rocks are actually plaster / filler you put some in a plastic cup & some in a bag (for a flat look) let it go off then take a hammer to it and pick out the sizes you want and glue a couple to the base with PVA, after its gone off I paint them the initial coat is always panzer grey (looks like slate) then highlight up, this one was done with dawnstone but I've used various other colours a mud wash if its a grey highlight & a null oil wash if its a stone type highlight.

The rest of basing stuff is bought from the modelling shop down the road from me that does loads of train stuff but you can pick it all up on flea bay

Lather the base in PVA when the rocks are dried & finished

train ballast for the very small light grey rocks to break up the texture

Bit of fine dark brown (fine) sprinkled around normally edges and base of the rocks (I've some moss looking stuff somewhere as well)

Then course mixed autumn blend

It sounds complicated but total time per model isn't that much, you just do it in stages, I have numerous things on the go at any 1 time.

Any other questions on effects etc.. just ask and I'll try and answer

Archived