=][= B&C ARMY BAGS: JUST CHECKING INTEREST =][=

Kurgan: Measurements would be great if/when you have the time. :thumbsup:

B&C ARMY BAGS

GENERAL BAG INFORMATION

Mk. I Bag Specs
Dimensions: 13.5"W x 8"D x 20"H

Fully zippered open front -- the bag would zip all the way down to the base and open. No more cramming your hands down the side to pull your foam trays out.

Cut to hold AT army case foam Sabol Designs -- the bag was specifically designed to hold AT army case foam trays so there is no worries about proper fit.

Capacity - 20 inches of foam carrying space makes the bag able to hold your entire army and more for easy transport.

Handles - twin handles with a velcro clasp to allow for easy carrying by hand.

Shoulder strap -- padded shoulder strap for easy carrying.

High quality cordura -- Cordura is a durable fabric used in various industries for clothing, bags and other heavy duty items. This bag will hold up to the punishment any gamer can give out.

Front zipper pocket -- this pocket was big enough to carry all your rule books -- even the BBB -- and still be fully closed.

Side "swag" pocket -- a pocket running the length of the bag to hold blister packs, soda, dice cages/bags, just about any small gaming item that one might need for a hard night of warfare.

Side utility pocket -- a pocket for holding your pens/markers/pencils and your tape measure.

Padded sides -- the bag is constructed with padding in the soft frame to add a further layer of cushion for your army. You can check these bags on a plane though not being hard sided it is impossible to say they would stop damage from happening all the time.

Mk. II Bag Specs
Dimensions: 13.5" x 8"D x 15"H

Fully zippered open front -- the bag would zip all the way down to the base and open. No more cramming your hands down the side to pull your foam trays out.

Cut to hold AT army case foam from Sabol Designs -- the bag was specifically designed to hold AT army case foam trays so there is no worries about proper fit.

Capacity - 15 inches of foam carrying space makes the bag able to hold your entire army. Smaller than the Mk. I as people felt Mk. I was a bit big for people.

Handles - twin handles with a velcro clasp to allow for easy carrying by hand.

Shoulder strap -- padded shoulder strap for easy carrying.

High quality cordura -- Cordura is a durable fabric used in various industries for clothing, bags and other heavy duty items. This bag will hold up to the punishment any gamer can give out.

Rear zipper pocket -- this pocket was big enough to carry all your rule books -- even the BBB -- and still be fully closed. We moved this pocket from the front as it caused some tip over issue in the Mk. I.

Side "swag" pocket -- a pocket running the length of the bag to hold blister packs, soda, dice cages/bags, just about any small gaming item that one might need for a hard night of warfare.

Side utility pocket -- a pocket for holding your pens/markers/pencils and your tape measure.

Padded sides -- the bag is constructed with padding in the soft frame to add a further layer of cushion for your army. You can check these bags on a plane though not being hard sided it is impossible to say they would stop damage from happening all the time.

:thumbsup:

+1 :smile.:

What are those numbers with little quotation marks I wonder :wacko.:   :biggrin.:

Are the colours still up for grabs? I'd be even more interested if we could get grey, but I'm all for black :smile.:

EDIT: If I've understood correctly, there's only Wayland Games that are based in Europe for the foam trays? Also, some of the links are dead, sorry

Edited by Lord Thørn

I'm definitely interested.  Depending on the timeframe (longer out means more time to put money aside), I'll be wanting 1 to 3 bags.

For those whom want foam, check Sabol Designs: http://www.saboldesigns.net/home.html

If you live in North Georgia, the owner of Sabol hangs out at Elemental Games in Dallas, GA and sells foam in-store at a discount (or at least he did last year)

Yeah I am definitely thinking we would push the fund raising period out to like Valentines Day. That would give folks 10 weeks to come up with the funds.

As for foam -- I'm sure there are other suppliers now and we would of course provide links to said suppliers at the time we put the "for sale" post up. 

Yes we will push the funding out out. Probably to Valentine's Day.

Colors might be doable. Camp is an added cost for reasons I can explain when I get home.

Ivory/Bone were sadly never an option, we tried in the last color run.

You have my (power) sword.

Funds in the new year.

So the foam should be Sabol? How many and what dimensions fit best inside the big one exactly (which is the one I'll naturally go for)?

I'm really stoked for this.

I may be interested, orange might be cool if available.

Just playing around with battle foams custom creater, and it looks like land raiders, storm ravens etc are going to be a squeeze or not fit in at all?

I have land raiders in mine no problem. Can't speak to the storm bird just because I do not have one.

Any chance of getting a version of this bag with the height of the MkI, but deeper to hold the double-wide Sabol foam instead of the singles?  IE:16" deep instead of 8" deep to hold either a 15"x13" foam or two standard 7.5"x13" foams side-by-side.  That way we can use the bag to hold larger models like the Mastodon or Storm Eagle.  I think that that would be Ace and a lot more useful with all the large models GW has been putting out - especially for Heresy players.

EDIT: after discussing with the spouse, if we can get the double-deep bags I described above, then we'll want two of those plus one of the MkI bags.  If not, then we'll probably just get one MkI bag to use as an airline carry-on (my spouse has one of the old Waaagh MkI bags and loves it).

Also, for those that don't know and might be influenced: the MkI bag is the perfect size for the new Delta-Airlines carry-on size restrictions (a lot of older 'carry-on' bags are now too big, because Delta tightened the restrictions) - a great thing for those who might want to fly to events.

EDIT2: The stormraven will not fit in the standard Sabol foam - it needs a double-wide foam (which won't fit in the MkI or MkII and would need the hypothetical one I proposed above).  If you magnetized the wings, then you could fit it into the single wide probably, but all my stormravens are fully assembled, so I can't confirm that.  Land Raiders fit fine, and Spartans should also fit (I'll double check this once mine is assembled).  A baneblade will fit in the single-wide with sponsons as a very tight fit, but would be better/safer with the sponsons magnetized - there is enough room left on the foam to pluck separate spots for the sponsons as well.  Fellblades will not fit unless the sponsons are magnetized.

Edited by jacqualine47

I may be interested, orange might be cool if available.

Just playing around with battle foams custom creater, and it looks like land raiders, storm ravens etc are going to be a squeeze or not fit in at all?

If you arrange your storm raven so the wings come off, it should work.

• 2 months later...