WIP - slow - 171st Cadian Airborne (Kasrkin)

KasrkinRyu

Reading you fluff, it seems pretty cool. A few things that I'd look at tweaking. I know that someone already mentioned it, but the physical requirement you had, is not up to snuff for elite troops. US Army Air Assault School's requirement is 12 miles in 3 hours or less. That's in full cammies and boots, with a 35-40lb assault pack and armor (For me, my armor weighed in at 40lbs before ammo). That's a 4-5 mph pace with 75-80lbs of gear. In combat conditions you'd have your ammo and weapon, so that's another 15 or so pounds. 

I specify this because Air Assault School isn't an elite selection program like Q-Course, RASP, INDOC, BUD/S, or Force Recon. Physical requirements get super tough. 

The only other thing I had, is that, while SGT MacKenzie is an awesome song, it is not a march, and would be tough to march with in step. 

Your models and fluff are really cool though, and I look forward to seeing more. t does break my heart to see you cutting on those beautiful old metal Kasrkin though...

Reading you fluff, it seems pretty cool. A few things that I'd look at tweaking. I know that someone already mentioned it, but the physical requirement you had, is not up to snuff for elite troops. US Army Air Assault School's requirement is 12 miles in 3 hours or less. That's in full cammies and boots, with a 35-40lb assault pack and armor (For me, my armor weighed in at 40lbs before ammo). That's a 4-5 mph pace with 75-80lbs of gear. In combat conditions you'd have your ammo and weapon, so that's another 15 or so pounds. 

I specify this because Air Assault School isn't an elite selection program like Q-Course, RASP, INDOC, BUD/S, or Force Recon. Physical requirements get super tough. 

The only other thing I had, is that, while SGT MacKenzie is an awesome song, it is not a march, and would be tough to march with in step. 

Your models and fluff are really cool though, and I look forward to seeing more. t does break my heart to see you cutting on those beautiful old metal Kasrkin though...

Thank you for your comment! Much appreciated. :happy.: Yeah I guess I should tweak the physical side but my idea was the was only a final test after a longer period of continuous tests, my original inspiration coming from the Royal Marine Commandos.

Also yeah your are right about the march, i guess regimental song would be a better title? :sweat:

It is a shame to cut them up but with only one Sergeant model its kinda impossible to not get repetitive :sad.:

Edited by KasrkinRyu

Thank you for your comment! Much appreciated. :happy.: Yeah I guess I should tweak the physical side but my idea was the was only a final test after a longer period of continuous tests, my original inspiration coming from the Royal Marine Commandos.

No problem, I'm here to help. I always envisioned the Kasrkin as being more akin to Delta or the SAS rather than Rangers or Commandos. In older editions we had Storm Troopers as elites, and Vets as troops. I always thought the Vets would be more akin to Rangers or Commandos, seeing as their targets were more conventional. 

Also yeah your are right about the march, i guess regimental song would be a better title? :sweat:

Maybe an Unofficial song. Like the unofficial song of the US 18th Airborne Corps is "Blood Upon the Risers" while subordinate units (101st Airborne, 82nd Airborne, and 10th Mountain) have official unit songs. he 101st's is "Rendezvous with Destiny". 

It is a shame to cut them up but with only one Sergeant model its kinda impossible to not get repetitive :sad.:

Yeah, I have 5 of them, but I just can't bring myself to do it. They're so expensive, and if I do ever decide to sell, they'll be worth money unmolested. I could see using green stuff but not chopping on them. 

No problem, I'm here to help. I always envisioned the Kasrkin as being more akin to Delta or the SAS rather than Rangers or Commandos. In older editions we had Storm Troopers as elites, and Vets as troops. I always thought the Vets would be more akin to Rangers or Commandos, seeing as their targets were more conventional. 

Maybe an Unofficial song. Like the unofficial song of the US 18th Airborne Corps is "Blood Upon the Risers" while subordinate units (101st Airborne, 82nd Airborne, and 10th Mountain) have official unit songs. he 101st's is "Rendezvous with Destiny". 

Yeah, I have 5 of them, but I just can't bring myself to do it. They're so expensive, and if I do ever decide to sell, they'll be worth money unmolested. I could see using green stuff but not chopping on them. 

Thanks again for the feedback, much appreciated! 

• 5 months later...

That is a real shame you have to! Hope all is well on the home front.
Best would be to look on eBay and see what similar models are going for. 
Given they're OOP and fairly popular models I'm sure you could get a decent price for them.

Even the old metal regiment lines nearly doubled in price once GW took them off them down. 

There's also a few traders that will take them off your hands if you want to quit them quickly, although you will definitely get more if you go through the process yourself.

Also an obligatory reminder that trading and selling on B&C is against forum rules.

Good luck trooper! Hopefully when things return to normality we can see you restart the force :) 

• 1 year later...

Good evening all.

It has been a while for me to post. It was strange how the loss of Cadia and my own personal issues coincided. Just like the guard who made it off Cadia to fight another day, my 171st have survived too, I never wanted to sell them but when times are desperate we must do what we can to survive. Luckily they made it through the journey. I hope to continue updating my humble force and post here from time to time. May the Emperor Protect you all, especially in these trying times. :thumbsup: