+ Reinforcement Rush - Ultramarines Edition [2016] +

Dosjetka

I've got something to add for close to the deadline.

31963634076_e6b1ea6378.jpg

The 10 invictarus suzerain

31884046531_bc02596865.jpg

The Herald

And here's where it goes wrong. I've been working a lot of overtime and I've been ill too (11 hour shifts and lack of sleep and working round ill people) so any free time I've had has been going through a groggy state of not being able to hold a brush still.

31852607432_71611d3631.jpg

From the criteria at the beginning, I think they fit it (three colours minimum and identifiable as some sort of ultramarine).

But really as long as something isn't some heretical unpainted thing, it can still kick chaos in the teeth, they do all have armoured feet.

Happy new year to you all!

One finished Devastator Sergeant, just in time. Despite illness keeping me up late and having to take breaks every 10 mins to rest blurry eyes, he's (mostly) done.

I want to do a bit more work - an army badge on his right kneepad, Sergeant rank insignia inside the Ultima and some weathering. Also, you've probably noticed he has a Tactical symbol. That was me being an idiot. I've painted so many Tactical Marines recently that I did it without thinking. So, I'll need to go back and fix that. Maybe I'll post pictures of him with the rest of his (correct) heraldry and armour that's a bit battered and dirty.

I tried something new with this Marine as well and severly cut down on the metallics, including a completely metallic-less boltgun (sans the plaque on the side). The idea is to move him a bit away from fantasy in space with lots of metallic weapons/armour and into something a bit more like a professional millitary. I wouldn't do it for every Marine Chapter, but I think it's something that fits for Ultramarines, having equipment and non-heraldic armour parts painted in matt blacks and grey to give the feel of a well oiled millitary unit.

gallery_61651_12344_37662.jpg

gallery_61651_12344_11191.jpg

gallery_61651_12344_3087.jpg

Happy New Year folks.

That sgt looks great toxichobbit! Lovin' the attention to detail (oh... Except that big ol flubbed detail on his right shoulder) :p really like the "gem" you did above the barrel of the boltgun, and the face is totally on point. Also, the service studs on his forehead and bonding studs on his legs make for a really cool, cohesive, and interesting model. I really dig it!

Goodness me. I've been nice and active here, haven't I? down.gif Apologies, folks. Real life has been rough in the run-up to the end-of-year festivities.

I'll take a bit of time later on this afternoon to go through the topic and then give this a proper "close".

• 2 weeks later...

I hope nothing bad happened to the OP. However, I think it was pretty awesome to see all the neat stuff people have been able to put up. :D

And it did inspire me to paint a tactical squad that has been sitting on my paint table for almost a year.

The OP "liked" my last post so I think he's still around.  

Dosjetka, where is my virtual trophy for completing my vow with the most pedestrian & smallest possible number of models painted?  

(What do you mean that's not a category??)

Still around, trying to sort things out with real life issues before coming back to give what is due!

You don't need us to tell you this, but we will do anyway. Take your time, get RL sorted and don't worry about finishing this event. It's not going anywhere and will still be here when you're ready to deal with it :).

• 2 weeks later...

+ Completion rate +

9 completed vows out of 14 vows made: 64.3%

+ Winner announcement +

Category 1 - "most models painted (whole event)":

@obsidian quacker (17 models)

Category 2 - "best painted vow":

@Tranc (Completed vow)

Category 3 - "randomly selected Frater":

@Sugarlessllama (Completed vow)

Hidden Content

Eligible members for random prize draw:

1 Wulox
2 Sugarlessllama
3 Brother Captain Ed
4 Richmarine
5 Techmarine Harkus
6 Grotsmasha
7 Toxichobbit

Note: The winners shall be contacted personally over the course of the next 24 hours to discuss their prizes.

+ Promotions (ranking system) +

Note: If you have not passed a rank threshold, your name will not appear on the list above but your entry on the Wall of Honour has been updated according to your completed vow(s).

+ + + + + + + +

Thank you all again for your patience, sincere apologies for the delay, and I look forward to seeing you all participate (and succeed!) in the next event! thumbsup.gif

Kennyjapan: I don't want people to feel discouraged by their own past inability to complete their vows (which definitely hits home :sweat:) so there won't be any "failure" banners. Only success shall be celebrated. ;)

BCE: I'll do my absolute best to have them done by Sunday evening (GMT+1)!

Archived