The Atrocity at Calth - The 38th Company

Grim Dog Studios

Looking good Centurion Jay!

They have a sort of special opps feel to them.

The kit bashing really adds to the individuality of the force.

The Sicaran is one of my favourite astartes tanks and you've done a great job on yours.

Thank you! I really wanted each marine to look like an individual, hence why I'm slowly replacing the majority of my plain Betrayal at Calth tacticals. It's honestly quite a challenge to try and get each guy looking different but the different armour marks available help a great deal.

The Sicaran is one of my favourite tanks as well, I'm glad you like it as I was worried that I had not done it justice!

Love the darker blue. Really suits Ultramarines.

How did you get the white of the Apothecary so crisp?

I'm glad you like it! The darker blue was a bit of an accident, I mixed in too much nuln oil to the wash that I use. The newer stuff is a slightly lighter shade of blue, but I'm hoping that the difference in colour won't be too noticeable on the tabletop. 

The apothecary is literally just a basecoat of the army painter white spray, and then had its recesses washed with nuln oil and black damage sponged on!

Cheers Jay

Edited by Centurion Jay

• 5 months later...

Long time no update!

Haven't painted a great deal these past few months. I've finished the 5 tactical squad members that I posted previously and have begun slowly adding edge highlights to the blue armour of all my marines as I wasn't happy with how dark they were all looking. The small highlight is making them appear a little more ultramarine blue which I am happy with.

The biggest update I have to show is a WIP of my Leviathan Dreadnought that I bought and built some months ago but never got around to painting!

P4W85rc.jpg

rOuzcee.jpg

Both arm weapons and the chest heavy flamers are magnetized so that they can be swapped out with the other weapon options. I am hoping to buy at least one of each possible weapon!

I'd like to get a bit more pro-active in posting my hobby activities and I am considering opening a thread in the Hall of Honour section to document the finished works with the added fluff that I started writing when I first opened this thread which quickly fell by the wayside so stay tuned!

Thank you for looking!

Jay