Yellow thing on edit.

cephalopod

Yeah, I agree it's quite obtrusive. It actually de-motivates me from fixing typos, as it makes my post look like a mod gave me a warning or something.

Then again, it does motivate me to hit the preview button, but I can imagine that it makes life quite hard for people on mobiles.

It's important and needs to be readily noticeable as it lets people know you have edited your post since making it. Imagine the trouble if people could edit posts without anyone knowing? The vast majority of yellow bars are self edits, so I wouldn't worry about anyone's first assumption being your post was moderated in some form :)

This actually came up awhile ago and is something we plan on adjusting ... whenever we get around to it. It's a minor aesthetic thing, though, so is way in the back on the burner. If/when we create new skins, we will make the "edited by" banner a lot less garrish.

This actually came up awhile ago and is something we plan on adjusting ... whenever we get around to it. It's a minor aesthetic thing, though, so is way in the back on the burner. If/when we create new skins, we will make the "edited by" banner a lot less garrish.

It will be worked on when it is worked on, it's a known request.

Let's not beat the poor horse further.

It's important and needs to be readily noticeable as it lets people know you have edited your post since making it. Imagine the trouble if people could edit posts without anyone knowing? The vast majority of yellow bars are self edits, so I wouldn't worry about anyone's first assumption being your post was moderated in some form smile.png

I think if it was red it would still stand out but not be quite so jarring. Or add an icon at the top of the post and drop the bar altogether.

Except it isn't all that easy. The Admins have responded to the request and now we wait for them to find them to "fix" the "issue". As it is minor, it comes after various other things that need to be fixed. End of story.

Archived