Adepta Sororitas Battle Reports

bkde

Haha I think I lose almost 90% of my games, some are close though! Which I think playing the girls that's sometimes the best you can hope for.

Campaign day again, revamped my kill team list to run command squad with 2xmultimeltas and 3x Heavy bolters + a squad of seraphim.  Tough little list that should enable me to win some kill team games, capture some territory and maybe play a few 1250pt games.  Itching to get new Celestine to the table!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So finally got a decent proper game of 8th in. It was fun and a bit of a learning curve but good. 2,000 pt game.

I had:

Outrider detachment:

Celestine and the twins.

2x5 seraphim squads with 2x twin handflamer and a plasma pistol on the superior.

1x5 melta dominions in a Repressor.

Battalion detachment..or is it Brigade…the +3cp one:

2x Canoness with power sword and inferno pistol.

3x bss with heavy bolter and storm bolter.

2x imagifier

2x Exorcists.

2x immolation flamer immolators.

Superheavy auxilary detachment:

Knight Errant (insert my long fluffy name for her here) with meltagun and reaper chainsword.

My opponent (best guessing here):

The +3cp detachment:

1x Primaris Captain

1x ancient primaris

2x primaris lieutenants

1x3 intercessor primaris (the seraphim ripoffs)

2x5 incestor primaris (the troop guys)

1x5 primaris guys with plasma guns

1x10 tactical squad with gravgun, plasma gun and plasma pistol.

1x10 deathwatch with…so much

2x deathwatch venerable dreadnaughts, one with twin las one with plasma cannon.

1x5 grey knight terminators.

It was both our first real game so we just went for a straight up killpoints game. I did take some photos but they all suck so I wont put them here and shall do my best to convey what happened.

Turn 1. He got the turn and I didn’t sieze. Dominions vanguard move up the middle.

Most everything of his moves up. Plasma primaris fire at an immolator with bss to no avail. He unloads 2 of his incestors, the tactical marines and the plasma dred into the Repressor, doing a mighty 3 wounds to it.

My turn 1. Git the 2+ faith off and used it to jump a seraphim unit forward; Celestine and co follow suit. Failed to imagifier the other seraphim squad but the other imagifier goes off and the exorcist fires at the plasma dred doing 4 wounds- but wait, its venerable, rolls 3x 6s abd a 2 reducing all those wounds to 1.

Im a bit annoyed at the dred by this stage so move the Repressor up to within melta range for the dominions inside. Most my stuff moves forward except for a bss sitting in ruins to deepstrike deny near my exorcists.

Melta doms reduce the plasma dred to slag- it cant pass 18 6+ wound ignores.

Exorcist (Amadeus) unleashes a salvo upon one of the incestor squads. They vanish into pink mist leaving the lieutenant behind wondering what the hell just happened. Seriously, rolled nothing but 2 and 3 damage fir each one. Amadeus, my favorite Exorcist.

My new Exorcist (Solenelle- which I recently acquired on ebay) suffered first game jitters the whole game rollung nothing but 1s for amount of shots even with command rerolls.

An immolator took out 2 deathwatch.

The Knight did nothing of any use. Wait it did fail a charge…that’s not useful actually.

The seraphim squad with celestine opened up on the other incestor squad, removing 2 models.

Celestine and co multicharge the capt, ancient, and leftover incestors. Seraphim get in on the action charging the incestors. Lacklustre assault with seraphim doing nothing along with the geminae. Celestine takes 2 wounds off the capt.

His turn 2. Most things move forward. Grey knight termis deepstrike in my back corner near an immolator. Ripoff squad deepstrikes in front of the bss on ruins.

Ripoffs ahoot at bss squad and take out 2.

Grey knights shoot into the immolators rear armour hur hur. No avail.

Plasma primaris start to spoil the immolators day reducing it to half wounds.

Lieuyenant and tac squad take some more wounds off the Repressor.

Deathwatch shoot down 4 of the slow poke seraphim and knock 3 wounds off the knight.

Las dred fired at knight to no avail and goes off to assault the massive brawl that’s happening right beside it.

Tac and lieutenant assault the Repressor reducing it to 2 wounds.

Deathwatch assault the last seraphim who amazingly survives but cant wound. She was super effecting at her hand flamer overwatch, wounding and killing 2 deathwatch.

Dred takes down 3 seraphim. Celestine finishes off the remaining 3 incestors in the combat. 2 of them make last strikes to take out another seraphim. Ancient, lieutenant and capt manage to take fown a geminae.

Ripoffs charge the bss and take out 1 of them.

Lonesome seraphim by deathwatch bugs out due to morale; other lonesome seraphim in big brawl sticks around. Other morales pass.

My turn 2. Celestine uses 2+ faith to slice the Capt into tiny pieces. The lone seraphim nearby uses Celestines auto to fire an overcharged plasma pistol into the dred…Id like to take a moment here to mebtion my lucky plasma dice. It is purple, like plasma. In 11 years of gaming it has never ever rolled a natural 1. Hundreds of games. Not a single 1. First game of 8th, first time I not only fire a plasma weapon but an over charged one at that. Natural 1. I was so shocked that I didn’t even think to do a command reroll. Whats funny is I was poking fun at the other guy the whole game for not overcharging his plasma primaris, calling him out to live dangerously. So last seraphim taken herself out which actually put the dred outside of combat.

Imagifiers profited nothing this turn.

Bss squad fell back from the Ripoffs. Repressor fell back from its combat. My undamaged immolator went and flanked the terminators. Bss squad jumped out of the damaged immolator.

Canoness that had been by the bss asdaulted by the ripoffs fired her inferno pistol and killed a ripoff.

Amadeus fired at the dred but only did one wound. Solenelle has a super moody machine spirit and does nothing. I assume this is due to it still adjusting to its new Order.

Doms in the Repressor turn their sights on the lieutenant. He joined the plasma dred in the life of being a slag heap.

Knights thermal canon slagged 3 deathwatch.

The flanking immolator must have forgotten to plug its tanks into the flamers as it rolled snake eyes shooting at the termis. Inflicted a wound at least.

Bss squad and damaged immolator open up on termis and take down a model.

Knight charges the deathwatch and turns them all into gooey messes under its feet.

Celestine finishes off the ancient primaris, freeing her from combat for now.

His turn 3. Everything stayed put.

Ripoffs unleashed a fusillade at the Canoness and brought her down to 1 wound.

Las dred shot and took the last 2 wounds off the Repressor. Doms jumped out back into cover.

Plasma primaris fired again at the immolator and took it down to 1 wound.

Termies split their fire; storm bolters into the bss, psycannon into the immo. 2 bss taken down.

Ripoffs charge the cannoness. Dred and last lieutenant charge celestine and co. Termies charge bss. Tac charge doms. Overwatches bag nothing.

He starts with termies (bad move). After some amazing saves, only 1 bss is taken down. Que the obligatory charge interrupt CP.

Celestine goes ham on the dred before it can strike and obliterates it.

Lieutenant takes down a geminae.

Ripoffs lay the hurt on the canoness. She fails only 1 save. I go to use a cp reroll but my opponent reminds me id alreadt used a thing this phase.

Tac beat down the doms to 2 girls. I don’t remember if he fired the tacs at the doms before charging or not.

I roll nothing but 6s for the doms and bss. The doms bug out completely as id taken the superior out by mistake. The bss fail by 1 due to superior so I have her bug out and keep the heavy bolter around.

My turn 3. Use the 2+ on the bss that fell back from the ripoffs previously to shoot at them. They take one down.

Celestine faithfully carves up the last lieutenant. An imagifier goes off to give Solenelle another moment to demonstrate its moodyness by firing a single shot at the now exposed tac squad in cover but not wounding.

Celestine and co jump over to the Tac squad. Bss falls back feom termies. Bss from flanking immolator jump out and assume firing position near the termies. Knight put itself between the damaged immolator and the plasma primaris.

Bss fire at ripoffs again and reduce last guy to 1 wound.

Amadeus freaking loves killing things. Fires 6 missiles and turns 6 tacs into pink mist.

Solenelle obviously feeling a bit outdone reduces whats left of the tacs to 1 model.

Celestine is feeling a bit tired after massacreing so much and only fires once feom her blade at the tac but doesn’t wound.

The flanking immolator reconnects its hoses and unleashes a torrent along with the deposited bss squad to reduce the termies to 1 model with a single wound.

It was here that my opponent called it.

It was a fun game with the learnings happening on both sides. Even though he was playing a throw together list and figured he was going to lose from the get go; he enjoyed the game and is much enjoying 8th so far.

The game will move a lot quicker once umit entries and rules are memorised…my opponent had a lot of time spent in his index finding units stats anf rules. It was a long game because of it and im not blameless in this area either.

General impressions.

Celestine. Nuff said.

Seraphim. Awesome if they can get that faith move in for a turn 1 charge. Otherwise can be left behinf and exposed like that one squad was. Handflamers are drooltastic. Just an awesome unit.

Dominions…in Repressor…melted vintage cheddar cheese sammich. Going to be my auto include.

Bss. Theyre Bss, not much to say, they fill a slot.

Immolation flamer immolator. Oh so very nice when they don’t snake eyes.

Exorcists. Not entirely convinced on the whole ‘tank destroyer' thing some call it. However as a heavy infantry killer? Holy dooley these things wreck face.

Imagifiers. 3 turns. 2 imagifiers. 2 faith from them. Yep.

Canonesses. Well I didn’t really get to benefit from them. No 1s were rolled near them and they just stayed near the exorcists.

All in all. A pleasing first experience. Very very very much liking 8th.

I showed up at my local store yesterday, and got drawn into their escalation event that will be taking place over the next few weeks to ramp players into 8th.  This week it was a 25 PL event, and I decided to give it a whirl!

My list:

Outrider detachment

HQ Celestine + 1 Geminae Superia

Fast Attack:

4 Dominions with 4x Meltagun, Dominion Superior with Combi-melta

4 Dominions with 4x Meltagun, Dominion Superior with Combi-melta

2 Seraphim, 2 Seraphim with Inferno Pistols, Seraphim Superior with bolt pistols

My opponent was playing Adeptus Mechanicus, and not only had I been out of 40k for awhile, I had never fought against them.  He showed up to the table after I had my army picked out, so I got very lucky (or maybe blessed with some foresight from the Emperor?) with the melta-heavy choices.  I personally feel a certain way about the flamers, and prefer the more-likely-to-wound choices.

He had a HQ that was not Cawl, but it was a big guy with some weapons.  Upon glancing, it looks like it was likely a Tech-Priest Dominus :)

A crab-walker tank with enough doom and destruction rays to create martyrs a-plenty.  Onager Dunecrawler, possibly?  I am really unsure what this was other than it created dead bodies!

2 Walkers with Autocannons, I believe.  Ironstrider Ballistarius maybe?

A squad of skitarii rangers most likely.

I am really bad with Mechanicus, if you cannot tell... they all looked like they needed a good purging, though, because they definitely seemed like they could be bad...

We roll off and I set first, we get the field set up so that Celestine is anchoring the middle, Dominions are pressing the flanks, and the Seraphim are lurking near Celestine.  He has his big doom guy in the middle of his deployment zone along with the tech priest.  Rangers are just off to the side of the priest, and the walkers are hiding in a corner.

He gets first turn, darn, and begins blasting me to bits... like flashbacks to 6th edition bits!  The walkers take out a dominion, tank takes out most of the Seraphim (it just happens to hit things with the fly rule on 2... that was cute :) ), and the rangers off a few Dominions in the other Dom squad.  I'm pretty sure the Seraphim were down to just their superior, and I had to use a command point to not lose her to morale.  But at least one thing went well for the Sororitas on his turn: heresy CONFIRMED!  He did back the walkers snugly into a corner to get some breathing room from the Dominions.

Sororitas turn 1 considered to moving up to some cover for the 4-strong dominion squad.  But before was Act of Faith movements for Celestine and the weakened Dominion squad to help get them closer to the Skitarii rangers.  Then more normal movement with Celestine and the weakened Doms to bring them into weapons range.  The stronger Dominion squad got out of line of sight from the walkers.  Shooting saw the dominions clear out half of the rangers, the rest of the squad got reduced to smoldering motes by Celestine's Ardent Blade shooting attack (it rolled 6 for the attacks, so there must have been some righteous anger for the death of so many sisters).  Then Celestine charged the tank-walker to lock it into combat with her, and silence the big guns for a turn.  He intervened with the Tech-priest.  Celestine went to swing, and was happy to put 4 wounds on the tech-priest for his efforts (not sure if I could swing at him, but he was there... and probably helped the other guy more than me since it can heal itself).  The Geminae got splatted during overwatch... the big cannon hit her! :)

Mechanicus turn 2:  He turned the walkers on the remainder of the Dominions that just fried his Skitarii, since the closer squad was blocked by line of sight.  He reduced the squad to just the Superior.  The tech-priest politely steps out of the fight with Celestine, leaving her and the tank to settle their differences.  He didn't manage to get a wound on Celestine, though, Celestine put 4 on the tank, though.

Sororitas turn 2:  Celestine cries for her lost sister, and she comes back to the fight.  Then an act of faith allows her to strip another 6 wounds off of the tank.  Movement goes pretty quick, I bounded the Dominions up a little more, still using LoS to block the walkers from getting them.  Seraphim Superior starts to head towards the Dominions to support.  Lone Dominion Superior fires her combi-melta at the Tech-Priest, but he disbelieves the shot with his invulnerable save.  Fight phase, he did leave his priest a little too close to the tank melee, so the Geminae piles in close enough to draw him back into the melee.  Celestine finishes the tank, which did not explode, sadly.  Geminae hacks impotently at the priest.

Mechanicus turn 3:  Desperation causes the walkers to start moving out of their corner and up my flank towards my deployment zone.  Probably trying to get a head start on getting away from Celestine before she darts over there after dispatching the priest later on.  He finally lines up the stronger Dominion force and unloads his autocannons into them... rolling a demoralizing set of 1s and 2s (truly, not a single hit on 2 autocannons) and promptly shakes hands.  The Dominions would have been within 6 inches with their AoF shots and normal shooting, so it was really bleak at that point.

8th is fun.  There is still a pretty strong bit of excessive ranged firing that can reduce you to invulnerable saves quickly.  Crossing the field didn't feel like as much of a chore, and the ability to lock down a unit with Celestine/Seraphim early in the game is really strong!  That being said, I think that while Celestine may be adequately priced, she just feels like she has to do too much heavy lifting for the army.  Which makes her feel overpowered/undercosted/auto-included.  Fortunately, she can do that lifting, which gives the Sororitas more than a chance in the field!

After the game, he asked if he had just meandered pointlessly and not opened fire on the Sororitas if they would have just drove by, checked things out, and then leave the sector.  To which I answered: absolutely!  Unfortunately, he got spooked and started opening fire on an Outrider Detachment of Bloody Rose.  Maybe the survivors need to check into anger management... but they probably won't.  Too many heretics left to burn!

• 2 months later...

Not a true pure Sororitas list so i do apologise.

Had a game verse Primaris Ultramarines.

His list:

Girlyman.

Banner Primaris dude.

Apothecary.

Vindicare assassin.

Cato Sicarius (whom he forgot the whole game).

Primaris dreadnaught.

Repulsive.

6x Flamey Aggressors

6x Shooty Aggressors.

10x Reivers.

(Not sure on detachment but had 7 CP)

My list:

Saint Helena (Celestine)

Cannoness Katran (no upgrades; warlord)

Imagifier (which did nothing all game)

5x Doms with 4 melta.

Repressor.

7x seraphim with 2x2 inferno and plasma on the superior.

3x 7 bss with heavy flamer.

2x exorcists.

1x 2 penitent engines.

1x avenger strike fighter

1x knight errant with meltagun.

(Battallion formation with lord of war detachment) 6CP

I will preface this by admitting that the dice gods were with me in a big way.

2k point game. He did a miscalculation and found out after that he was 80 points under.

He got the first turn and i failed to sieze. Game was eternal way just an objective grab with dawn of war deployment.

Pregame, my doms in Repressor vanguard up behind LOS blocking cover.

Primaris turn 1:

Everything moves forward. Reivers come in the full 10 man squad onto an objective mid field. Vindicare assassin pops up 9 inches away from the bulk of my infantry force.

Vindicare misses, forcing him to use a cp to reroll and hit, taking 2 wounds off the Imagifier.

The dread focuses fire on the seraphim reducing them to 3 models.

Repulsive focuses on the repressor, reducing it to 9 wounds. Many saves were made.

No assaults. I use 2 CP to autopass the seraphim morale test.

Sisters turn 1:

Seraphim faith move close to the dreddy. Helena faith moves next to the reivers. Sister squads with imagifier and Katran move up centre field toward the reivers on the objective. Everything except exorcists and repressor moves forward. Seraphim jump behind the dreddy behind LOS blocking terrain to hide from his army.

Seraphim fire at the dreddy. Plasma overheats and i cp reroll to hit. Dreddy is reduced to 2 wounds.

Helena, 2 exorcists (which both rolled 1s for shots fired) and 2 bss focus fire into the reivers in cover and take down a few models.

A bss squad had moved on the vindicare assassin in cover and with flame and some great hit roll, take him down in one go.

Doms abd repressor melta range the repulsive and reduce it to 1 wound. The knights thermal cannon finishes it off. No explosion but he loses 2 flamey aggressors.

Helena charges the Reivers and take out a couple of models but is reduced to 2 wounds due to amazing overwatch and bad saves in combat.

The repressor and the penitent engines charge the flamey aggressors. Buh bye aggressors. Sicarius was supposed to be with these giys but my opponent forgot until next turn and we just played it as he was killed by the engines.

The Reivers now reduced to 4 models take moral and fail hard, losing 3 models. Id completely forgotten to fire the avenger.

Primaris turn 2:

Girlyman moves into a position where hes surrounded by what is left of the army. Everything stays still.

Dreddy takes the seraphim fiwn to 1 girl with infernos- these girls had amazing saves.

Shooty aggressors focus double tapping fire on Helena. This was a beautiful moment. She received a total of 50 wounds from this squad. 48 saves, the last 2 wounds happened on the last roll, finishing her off. CP reroll to bring her back behind the banner primaris.

Sisters turn 2:

Seraphim faith shoots and finishes off the dreddy. Helena faith moves closer to the banner and apothecary.

Seraphim jumps over beside the apothecary. Everything moves forwar except exorcists. Repressor moves sidewaysinto position to target girlyman who was just closer.

Seraphim fluffs her shooting and only scores 2 wounds on the apothecary. Exorcist finishes him off.

Doms and repressor open up on girlyman and reduce him to 2 wounds.

Bss finish off the last reiver.

Knight takes down a couple of shooty aggressors with thermal cannon. These guys pass a 3+ roll to have a parting shot at the nearby seraphim and take her down.

Penitent engines flame the aggressors only knocking off a wound.

Avenger completely whiffs.

Helena charges the banner primaris. Penitebt engines charge the aggressors. Girlyman is just outside heroic intervention range.

Penitent engines wipe out the aggressirs with their first round of attacks but they pass their 3+ parting shot due to the banner primaris and this particular combat ends with everyone involved smashing into each other and dying.

Helena only deals 2 wounds to the banner.

Primaris turn 3:

He only has a heavily wounded girlyman and the primaris banner left but is determined to take down Helena.

Banner falls back.

Girlyman fires a devestating volley into Helena reducing her to 2 wounds.

Banner charges and dies to Helenas overwatch.

Girlyman charges and manages to finally send Helena packing.

Here my opponent called the game as he was happy to have slay the warlord... at which point i reminded him that Katran was the warlord....im pretty sure his eye started twitching at this point.

Despite the one sidedness of the game, we both had fun.

1500 Point escalation league game today. Opponent was fielding 1Ksons.

His list (not sure on all upgrades):

Magnus the Red

Ahriman (warlord)

Two units of five Rubric marines

One unit of 1Ksons termies (deepstriking)

Land Raider

Ten Tzaangors with pistol / chainsword (in Land Raider)

My list:

Heavy Detachment

Celestine (warlord)

Two Geminae

Three Exorcists

Three squads of five Hvy Bolter Rets, superior with stormbolter

Elite Detachment

Canoness evisc, inferno pistol

Four Imagifers

Two squads of fifteen Battle Sisters with just bolters.

We know a week in advance who our opponent is, warlords are locked in for the entire league, forces must be battleforged.

Hammer and Anvil deployment, Strike from Shadows mission. I lost roll to pick deployment zone, he had less drops. I put the three Exo's six inches back from no mans land. Rets before them hugging cover with the Imagifers in the gaps and the Canoness set up to get all of them within 6". BSS squads were each deployed to either flank, Celestine tucked in between the left exo and the ret squad in front of it.

My opponent put one squad of rubrics 16" in from each side on the front edge of his deployment zone. Ahriman with the one on the left side with the land raiderto his left and Magnus on the far left.

SoB turn one:

I siezed initiative. AoF came in droves (probably too many but I figured that going in) BSS squads HoE out to cover and objectives on either flank in no mans land. Rets AoF firing took out one rubric squad. Got domination, kill a flyer, and obj 2 dead center and the only one who could get to it was Celestine. Darkness helped nullify some shooting but I was able to put two wounds on Ahriman and kill four of the remaining Rubrics on his left.

1kSons turn one:

Land Raider moved up towards BSS squad on my right. Ahriman and the last Rubric moved with Magnus towards Celestine exposed on the center objective. I think my opponent was so excited to take her out he forgot to bring his 1kSons termies in. Everything psychic went into killing both Geminae, Land Raider was rebuffed with a SoF save by my right hand exo. Magnus charged Celestine after psychic power had removed her invuln and crushed her in the charge phase. Celestine dropped back in near my opponents deployment zone mid board. Opponent scored two cards to even the score at 2 each.

SoB turn two:

Drew card to claim objective in center of my opponents deployment zone. AoF from her brought a Geminae in at one wound. Rets all got one free shot each. Rets focused on Magnus and after the AoF and shooting phase had inflicted seven wounds. Exo's watched the right hand BSS squad kill the last Rubric and then unloaded everything into the Land Raider for no effect. Celestine brought her other Geminae in and claimed my one objective for the turn.

1kSons turn two:

Opponent remembered his termies and brought them in on my left flank. Psychic and shooting they removed my left hand ret squad. Ahriman and Magnus converged on my left hand BSS squad leaving ne girl to face Magnus in the fight phase. She sacrificed herself to ensure the Primarch would receive the full weight of ret firing. The Tzaangors disembarked and charged my right hand BSS squad while the land raider fired on my right hand exo again with no effect. BSS killed three with overwatch and made all their saves, 14 girls killed four more in their fight phase. Not sure what cards he claimed but turn ended with my opponent up 5-3.

SoB turn three:

Drew obj 4. BSS got an AoF to wipe out the tzaangors at start of turn, they would then move back into cover and claim objective 4. Exo's focused on the termies and took out four leaving just the sorcerer. Rets double fired into Magnus and influcted five wounds (opponent had failed after spending a re-roll to give him the +1 to his invuln), while Celestine had moved up with her girls (last one healed up by AoF) on Ahriman, flamed him for a wound and then the trio cut him down in the fight phase. Turn ended 5-4.

1kSons turn three: With three models left my opponent tried to take out the BSS on obj 4 with the Land Raider. They inflicted two bolter wounds in overwatch (hehe) and the Land Raider failed his charge after buying a re-roll. Termie sorcerer smited an Imagifer and then gunned her down with a magic combi-bolter. He had moved up to claim the objective for one point. Magnus had moved to the left of my left exo, periled for 1W (down to five) charged it. Exo got six shots, hit and wounded once, Magnus failed his save (after a re-roll) and took two more wounds (down to three). Exo rolled three 6's to shrug off his attacks but did nothing back. 1kSons up 6-4.

SoB turn four: Drew Kingslayer, brought Celestine up behind the Land Raider, moved the BSS up to take overwatch for her, Canoness moved forward to see what her eviscerator could do. Moved the left exo out of combat with Magnus and up to contest the left hand objective with the termie. Rets AoF and shooting phase finally brought Magnus down. Exo's put six wounds on the Land Raider. BSS escaped its overwatch and Celestine and the Canoness finished the Land Raider off in the fight phase. After objectives SoB were up 12-6.

1kSons turn four: With one model left the termi captain was able to claim the left hand objective for two points, put a wound on an imagifer. SoB leading 12-8.

SoB turn five: Units locked down the five objectives while the Imagifers and wandering Exo moved up on the one occupied by the 1kSon termie. Rets wiffed on the termie and the Exo's barely managed to kill him. Domination completed along with a hold obj 3 and the SoB tabled the 1kSons with an 18-8 score. Cards weren't exactly friendly early on, but I avoided killing the termie in my turn four to set up Domination in turn five which paid off well.

My first try with zero Dominions or Seraphim and first full gun line. If I were to bump the list to 2k I would drop the Canoness down to just a stormbolter, drop two Imagifers and bring three squads of Stormbolter Doms in Repressors. Probably not the best list, but certainly enough to keep folks at the LGS guessing what I am going to bring next. The one BSS squad absorbed a full turn of Ahriman and Magnus, fair durability. The other single handedly killed the Tzaangors, tied up the Land Raider, claimed an objective and got the lead out in turn four (double move) to be in place to claim Dominion and only lost three girls the whole fight.

Good showing over all and a fun game. If the 1kSons had been painted I would have taken pics.

• 1 month later...

Last weekend, my sisters of the Order of The Penitent Spirit played in a quick 750pt pickup game against the foul blue skinned Tau xenos.

Game was just a smash each other as we were both pressed for time.

Sisters list; (battalion detachment):

Cannoness Katran: inferno pistol and eviscerator.

Cannoness LeTax.

3x10 BSS: heavy flamer and meltagun

2x Imagifier.

Exorcist.

I was trying to bring a list that i hoped would be a bit easier. Didnt have any dominion or seraphim cheese. The guy i play with is cool but is notorious for just not being able to win.

Tau list; (the elite detachment)

1 commander.

2x3 crisis suits.

1x 5 fire warriors.

Hammerhead.

I dont remember what equipment he had. Basically he only had a max of 24" range on the suits and quite a few shots that completely ignore the armour of my "space marines"...yeah it took a full minute for my eye to stop twitching at that.

Something that lets him reroll failed overwatch shots. Advanced targeting. As a good imperial citizen i know not what the filthy xenos tech does or is called; i just purge them.

He was short of the 3rd elite choice for the detachment but i was cool with it.

Tau turn 1:

Not much. Everything advanced forward except the hammerhead which took an ineffectual potshot at the exorcist.

Sisters turn 1:

The girls REALLY didnt like that "space marine" dig. All sources of faith trigger and the 3 bss squads advance forward 11" each.

Faith phase done, everything except the exorcist advance forward. The slowest bss squad has covered 17" on foot!

Exorcist fires begrudgingly on a crisis suit squad and only takes off a couple of wounds. It wants revenge on the hammerhead that dared fire at it, but it is out of range.

Tau turn 2:

Fire warriors advance. Suits move up.

Hammerhead shot glances off exorcist armour.

Left crisis suit squad (css) fires at left bss squad. 2 sisters go down.

Mid field css fires at middle bss. Likewise 2 sisters down.

Commander by mid css fires at mid bss needing 2s to hit and wound....rolls nothing but 1s.

Sister morale passed.

Sisters turn 2:

Only 2 faith this time. Left bss tries for some lucky shots on the left css. No effect.

Katran advances forward eager to purge some blue cows.

Everything moves forward except exorcist.

Exorcist fires at the unfortunately placed commander, reducing it to 3 wounds.

Bss squads fire at their respective closest css targets to no effect- meltaguns got placed at back of squad.

Tau turn 3:

Mid crisis suit team moves into mid field ruin.

Commander feeling a little humbled backs away from the approaching sisters to put the css closer.

Fire warriors move up to support the left css.

Katran has gotten a bit over eager in her mad dash efforts to lay some hurt on the xenos. Mid css target Katran and after a whole heap of shots, shes taken down to 3 wounds.

The commander follows suit (hurhur) needing 2s to hit and wound....nothing but 1s.

Hammerhead finally lands a solid hit on the exorcist, taking it down to 7 wounds.

Left css and fire warriors target the left bss, 3 sisters go down reducing the squad to 5 models.

Sisters pass morale.

Sisters turn 3:

Only 1 faith this time. Right bss move to get in range of the action.

Everything bar exorcist continues the manic move forward.

Left bss rapid fire into left css along with an Imagifier, reducing the unit to a single model which the exorcist finishes off.

Katran slags a crisis suit from mid css with an inferno pistol shot and the bss squad by her takes out another model.

Katrans eyes blaze as she sees the tau commanders knees beginning to knock. She orders a charge.

Mid Bss supporting katran easily make it into combat with the commander; its clumsy overwatch availing nothing.

Katran charges in. Eviscerator roaring. 3 of her 4 attacks roll 1s to hit. Her rerolling ability saves the day resulting in all her attacks hitting and reducing the xenos leader to mush slinging from her blades teeth.

Left bss decides to charge the fire warriors. 1 sister goes down to overwatch. 2 of the blue cows go down in combat.

Tau pass leadership.

Tau turn 4:

Remaining crisis suit begins to get the hell out of dodge.

Hammerhead moves forward to get its drones in range of right bss.

Firewarriors stay in combat.

Crisis suit opens up on Katran and takes her down to 1 wound.

Hammerhead drones fire on right bss to no affect.

Hammerhead railgun fails to do anything to the exorcist.

Fire warriors can't touch the sisters. Another 2 firewarriors fall to the sisters.

Firewarriors pass morale.

Sisters turn 4:

2 faith. Left bss gets a sisters back up.

Katran heals back up to 3 wounds.

Left imagifier moves closer to the combat.

Mid bss move on the crisis suit along with Katran.

Right bss move on the hammerhead.

Exorcist finally fires at the hammerhead with a vengeance, taking it down to 10 wounds.

Katran stares down the last crisis suit and relieves it of its existence in a single inferno shot.

Right bss fires at the hammerhead to no affect.

Imagifier charges into the firewarrior combat and slays the final xenos with the staff of her holy relic.

Tau turn 5:

Hammerhead moves to clear firing position on mid bss squad.

Hammerhead fires and takes down 3 sisters.

Sisters pass morale.

Sisters turn 5:

Katran and mid bss move one the hammerhead.

Mid bss fires at hammerhead and takes it down to 8 wounds.

Katrans trusty inferno pistol speaks and takes the hammerhead to 3 wounds.

Mid bss charges the hammerhead, weathering its overwatch.

Katran charges in roaring with her eviscerator and carves the filthy xenos machine to pieces.

Xenos scum annihilated. Sisters emerge righteously victorious.

My take away from this game. I really wish Cannoness could have a jump pack so as to be the super scary b**** she is.

• 2 weeks later...

Played in a 1k tourney last weekend. Patrol detachment was a requisite.

1 Celestine + 2 Geminae

1 BSS w 2 melta, combi melta

1 Canoness w combi melta, power axe

2 Doms w 4 melta, combi melta

3 immolator w immo flamer

Game 1 vs Salamanders

Opponent's second game of 8th ed, iirc. I deployed first, and he dropped his dreads full front, which I matched with the doms. He was unfamiliar with what the SoB could do in this Ed, so he assumed he had a turn or two of shooting us before we could unload. Nope, i got first turn and managed to table his army on turn 2.

Game 2 vs Chaos

Cultist spam and helbrutes. Fire Frenzy is brutal, and the terrain was ugly enough to not give us much room to hide. In hindsight maybe I could have not forced the dom alpha but lessons learned. Celestine also got gutted by 40 cultist autoguns haha

Game 3 vs Tau

He deploys the stormsurge with a kroot screen, and I just match it with the doms. I almost lost this one due to one squad of doms rolling 5 2's to wound the Stormsurge! thankfully, I decided to assault the closest models so that i wont get shot up, and the models I assaulted were the 3+ markerlight guys (havent played vs Tau this ed). Tabled on turn 2 as well.

Game 4 vs Death Guard

Got into melta range vs Mortarion turn 1, but the alpha strike was a disaster and only did 5 total damage. He cleaned me up with Mortarion after.

Overall 2-2, good day. The army build was all-in on the alpha - if it failed, you just died. I'm trying a seraph/pengine melee-centric army next time.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a game against death guard a couple weeks ago but didnt bother reporting on it. It was a 2k game and we only hot through the first turn before i had to go.

It was a horrible experience. Id forgotten my dice so my opponent gave me a collection of his dice to use which never rolled above a 3 the entire time.

I knocked my turn over in 10 minutes. Got my 10 girls seraphim squad wiped out to overwatch from some plague drones.

He then proceeded to take over an hour for his turn. 25 minutes of which was taken up by his psychic phase.

End of turn 1 id lost the 10 girl seraphim squad. Celestine had died once and id lost a 15 girl bss. All id managed to do was scratch a couple of plague drones.

Thankfully i had to go and we ended there on a tie with objectives.

Mystery of the cursed dice was solved afterwards when my opponent said that next time i should remember to bring my own dice as he saves those particular WEIGHTED dice for people too lazy to bring their own.

Needless to say i wont be playing that person ever again.

No link, but off the top of my head the lists went along the lines of.

Sisters.

Celestine and one geminae

Cannoness with eviscerator and inferno pistol.

3x 15 bss with heavy flamer, meltagun and plasma pistol.

2x imagifier

1 dialogus

1x 10seraphim with 2x twin inferno pistols.

2x exorcists.

1 knight errant with meltagun

Inquisitor Karamazov.

Deathguard.

Mortarion with a unit of 3 terminator wound soakers.

Typhus

Another named character i cant remember.

Another psyker i dont recall the name of.

5 terminators with combi meltas

Squad of 7 deathguard.

2 plague drones or bloat drones

Heaps and heaps of plague zombies.

2x those deathguard artillery i dont recall the name of.

Seriously?  This guy not only cheats, but goes to the effort of planning ahead of time to cheat, just so he can win a game that involves playing with toy soldiers?  I would imagine that he might have a difficult time finding games after a while.  At least he would in the game store I go to.

My feeling is, if I can't win without cheating, it ain't worth the effort.  My ego isn't that easily bruised.

Played two games yesterday, both 2000pts.  Ran my standard list:

Celestine w/2x geminae

7 Rets w/4HB's

3 Exorcists

Eversor Assassin

Immolator w/ Immo Flamer

Cannoness w/power sword

10 Seraphim w/2x Double Inferno Pistols

5 Seraphim

5 Doms w/4x meltaguns

5 Doms w/4x meltaguns

Repressor

Immo w/ Immo flamer

Immo w/ Immo flamer

Hereticus Inq w/inferno pistol and null rod

Xenos Inq w/inferno pistol and power sword

Malleus Inq w/stormbolter and chainsword

First game was against Necrons.  He was just getting back into 40k, so he made a few tactical errors.  Game was ITC Mission 3 - No Mercy.  His list was:

Lord on Command Barge

2x 20 Necron Warriors

Cryptek for 4+ Reanimation

10 Deathmarks

10 Immortals with Tesla Carbines

2x Triarch Stalkers

3x 3 Scarab squads

1x Squad of 3 Heavy Destroyers

10 Flayed Ones

He didn't have much long range, so I stayed back and fired away with the exorcists at his Destroyers and Stalkers.  Dropped the large squad of Seraphim and the Eversor in turn one to tie up his Destroyers. He dropped the Deathmarks in when the Eversor landed and took him down to one wound.  Used the psychic power that prevents firing overwatch to shut down one of the warrior squads.  Targeted the same squad with Immo flamers and charged the same squad with Celestine, almost wiping it.  Eversor charged the Heavy Destroyers almost dropping them down to one wound.

Turn two he got lucky on his reanimation rolls and brought back a lot of warriors and both the destroyers.  He fell back from the Eversor and Celestine.  Killed the Eversor with Deathmarks.  Shot at Celestine with his squad of warriors that did not fall back.  Stalkers shot at my Immos and took off a few wounds. Through shooting managed to kill both Geminae, but I rolled well for my saves and Celestine stayed at full health.  He charged Celestine with his Command Barge and Warriors.  Lord wiffed his attacks, I interrupted to strike next with Celestine and dropped the lord to two wounds, warriors punched Celestine ineffectively.

I AoF'd Celestine to fight, killing his lord at the start of the turn. By this point most of my army was in his deployment zone.  I dropped the last squad of 5 seraphim into the game on an objective. Large squad of Seraphim inferno pistoled one stalker and bolt pistoled down a destroyer.  Exorcists cleared the remaining destroyers.  Retributors shot at any scarab swarms in the open as they did not have LOS to the unengaged warrior squad.  Inq's managed to shriek down the flayed ones engaging an immolator and charged another scarab swarm.  Celestine killed the remaining warrior squad she was engaged with.

He had the Deathmarks, Cryptek, one Stalker and the Immortals left facing down an unkilled Celestine and almost the rest of my army so we decided to call it.  The game was more of a learning experience for my friend, I think his list needs a bit more work as the lack of long range really hurt him.  I hadn't played Necrons before but had a rough understanding of what to expect.  He misplayed his warriors by not advancing them up to gain board control.  I was pleased with the no-overwatch psychic power.  It was really useful for shutting down a large squad, weakening the same squad with some immo fire and pouncing on it with Celestine.

Second game was against Eldar, but I'll post that up later today.

Played against friend's Eldar as he'd just picked up the new codex.  Was slightly refreshing as typically he runs the jankiest Ynnari list.  Was nice to play against eldar when they only get to act in their own phases of the game.

Ran the same list as above.

From what I can remember he ran an Eldar battalion (all the command points) with:

Asurman

Spirit Seer

Farseer

10 Howling banshees

10 striking Scorpions

5 Fire Dragons

War walker

3 jetbikes with scatter lasers

3 jetbikes with shruiken

4 shining spears with exarch

7 dark reapers

5x 5 squads of dire avengers with Exarchs

Wraithlord with bright lances

Rangers

8 Stormguardians

We played one of the ITC missions (primary was the scouring), he got first turn.

So many eldar shenanigans with all the new strategems.  He was able to redeploy his Avatar and 2 other units using one strategem, then place two of his units in reserve (fire dragons and banshees?) for another strategem.

Turn one he shot up one of my immolators, disembarking the scouted doms.  Fire dragons came in and wiffed against one of my exorcists.  Other shooting managed to pop the doms in the repressor and wipe the squad.  Charging he used the shining spears and some hijinks to tie up one of my exorcists and the retributors.  Celestine was able to Gloriously intervene and I lost one retributor while Celestine killed the shining spears down to the exarch.

My turn I AoF'd Celestine to fight and kill the remaining Exarch, freeing up the rets and exorcist.  I then AoF'd the remaining doms to move closer to the dire avenger/avatar group to put the doms about 10" from the Avatar.  In the movement phase I moved Celestine to line up for a charge on the Avatar, and moved the dominions closer to the avatar to be within 6" and make him closest.  I also disembarked the inquistors, positioning two to smite the fire dragons and one to smite the striking scorpions.  Remaining immolators positioned to flame the striking scorpions and banshees.  Psychic phase my hereticus inq stepped up to the plate and big smited the fire dragons, rolling an 11 to cast and a 6 for mortal wounds to wipe the squad.  Remaining smite killed a few striking scorpions.  Shooting I used the doms to shoot the avatar and drop him to 5 wounds.  Immos and retributor fire cooked the banshees and almost killed all the scorpions.  Exorcist fire killed some of the scatterlaser jetbikes and removed a few more striking scorpions, leaving only the exarch remaining.  In the Charge phase I attacked the avatar with Celestine.  My friend rolled huge for his saves, only taking two damage while killing a geminae in return.

His turn two he brought on the scout walker to support the beat up scorpion squad and limit my options as to where I could drop in my seraphim.  The avatar fell back from Celestine and he got ready to shoot her to pieces.  Psychicing he put guide on the dark reapers, doom on an immolator and threw some smites at Celestine killing the other geminae.  Shooting he was able to kill Celestine ( I resurrected her behind the ruin with my Exorcists, out of LOS) and he managed to pop another immolator through a combination dire avenger shots.  Dark reapers and the bright lances/scatter lasers stripped more wounds from my exorcists.  His rangers got lucky and rolled 4 mortal wounds against my retributors.  He charged the remaining striking scorpion into my Exorcist, attempting to tie it up and also locking down my retributors.

Celestine AoF'd another Geminae back to life, I used the other AoF to shoot pistols with my retributors into the scorpions that were engaging them.  Start of the movement phase I resurrected the other geminae and kept Celestine back.  Dropped the Eversor in to prepare to charge the rangers, was hampered by the war walker for a good location to put my seraphim.  Remaining immolator shuffled to line up more flaming on the dire avengers.  Psychic phase I cleared the scorpions with smites, opening up the exorcists and retributors.  Shooting I killed one dire avenger squad with the rets and immo, exorcist shots killed more bikers and he rolled boxcars for his dire avengers in the ruin.  Charge phase I put the eversor into his rangers and mulched them, clearing them from the objective.

Turn three he moved Asuremen forward with the dire avengers and positioned to shoot up my immo, I rolled amazing for my shield of faith saves and it still had 4 wounds left by the end.  He also managed to put some wounds on my inquisitor, he managed to destroy one exorcist with his war walker and shruiken fire/dark reapers and killed the rets he also shot the eversor down to three wounds and charged with his scout walker and storm guardians and one lonely dire avenger.  Eversor went down to two wounds but killed most of the storm guardians.

Turn three I double bounced Celestine to get within striking range of the avatar again.  I had to drop in the Seraphim this turn and I put them behind a ruin in his deployment zone near his bikes.  The smaller squad of Seraphim I dropped in behind a ruin on the far side of the board away from everything but within double bounce range of an objective.  Celestine flamed down some dire avengers.  Smites killed more dire avengers, exorcist shooting killed a few more dire avengers which were advancing onto the objective in my deployment zone.  Seraphim shooting killed a bike. Celestine charged the avatar. Fight phase I killed the avatar with Celestine.  Eversor killed the remaining storm guardians engaging him and the poor dire avenger.

Turn four he smited Celestine, killing both geminae and droping Celestine to 4 wounds with shooting, killed an inquisitor, shot up my large squad of seraphim and killed the eversor.  Asurman was also dangerously close to my exorcists at this point.  He charged Celesting with his wraithlord, spiritseer and farseer.  The Wraithlord pulped her in combat.

I popped out the squad of Seraphim with infernopistols to shoot up his wraithlord.  Inquisitors positioned to try and clear dire avengers/Asurmen from the objective near me.  Shooting I killed the wraithlord and the remaining two  bikes with my Seraphim.  Also cleared the remaining dire avenger from the objective #2 in my deployment zone.

Turn 5 he killed the seraphim near his deployment zone, blew up my final immolator and managed to shoot up an exorcist with his dark reapers.

I popped the Seraphim out from the ruin to claim the objective, really needing the game to end.  Put some shots into Asurman but they were ineffective.

Rolled the die and the game went on for one more turn.  He killed my Seraphim on the objective with his dark reapers then advanced and smited/shrukened me off the other objective.

We called it at this point as he was able to claim the objective in his deployment with his farseer and spiritseer, the other objective with his war walker and the third objective with asurman and 6 remaining dire avengers.  The only other objective on the board was way over on the far side and I had no way to get there with only my cannoness, two inquisitors and on exorcist left.

Was a tight game though, and was nice to play against regular plain eldar for once.  Dire Avengers are not to be underestimated, so many shots, and their guns are surprisingly good against wrecking rhino class vehicles.

Archived