The Observer's Chaos Stuff - Slaaneshi Pirate Lord

Dagoth Ur

Some great kitbashes, the plague marine with mutated arm is my favorite. Loved your "report" on the DG and was an interesting read! That leviathan is looking disgusting, so in other words great job! Will you be planning on doing any grave wardens or other terminators in the future? Looking forward to seeing more!

I'm guessing that mutated arm is from the Gal Vorbak?

I love the addition of the archaic chem-weapons, really should be a concept that Death Guard use more often (the Purge use a lot of genocide-level chem-weapons).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey folks,

@Vairocanum: Thanks mate, glad you like them! I have contemplated doing some grave warden conversions, but I think I will wait for teh actual plastic kits to be released, as I want my nurgle force to be in this "new" scale and I fear that the grave wardens from FW will be a tad too small.

@A Kvlt Ghost: Glad you like my stuff :smile.: I always try to accompany my figures with some fluff, as I collect and paint mainly.

@Mister Feral: You are right, the mutated claw arm is a bit from the FW Gal Vorbak kit (Seriously great kit!). I dunno about GW, but there will be a ton of ABC weaponry in this army :wink:

@Juggernut: Thank you kindly :smile.:

Alright, today I do not have anything finished to show you, but I have WiPs for two plague marines:

http://i.imgur.com/Yz6IGFZ.jpg?1

Nearly finished, only lacks some blood, pus, and I have to finish the fleshy outgrowths. Very happy with the face.

http://i.imgur.com/vMWJPRk.jpg?1

Armour and Bronze is completely finished. Claw is basecoated and the first wash is drying as we speak. I want to give it a very pallid, blackened touch as I see this one as being a former Destroyer Sergeant who got a bit too close with his powerfist.

http://i.imgur.com/Gw7eHMT.jpg?1

I didn't have a white destroyer transfer, so I decided to try and freehand it. Not as shabby as expected.

Hope you like the small update! C&C is, as always, very welcome! Have a nice day :)

I'll await you finishing the flesh parts as that was what I was going to make suggestions about, but as you said you haven't finished those yet.

I'm not too hot on HH lore, but that Destroyer symbol I might have to use myself!

@Vairocanum: Thanks mate, glad you like him! Definitely one of my favorite chaos figures so far!

@Mister Feral: Thanks mate! I'd actually still be curious to hear what your suggestion would be, perhaps I could use it for another figure? The destroyers were a cadre in the Legions during the Heresy and the Great Crusade, they used atomic, biological and chemical weaponry, their symbol is a weird, simplified mix of the atomic and biohazard symbols :)

@Sagentus: What can I say, I like my chaos filthy and nasty. Thank you kindly :)

Two more updates! First is the plague marines claw. It is more or less finished, apart from blood and ichor that I usually do after everything else is finished.

http://i.imgur.com/DgtU6q0.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/d8zHuxQ.jpg?1

As you can see, the basecoat for the belly has already been laid and will look pretty similarly. The other update is a friend we haven't seen in a while.

http://i.imgur.com/xO2gEH8.jpg?1

As you can see, I have started slowly on my Black Legion sorcerer (Blame ADB's new book for that one). The silver still needs a few blue touches, everything else is pure basecoat, nothing has been highlighted yet, so I thought I might show you at least some lifesigns from him.

That is all for today, hope you liked it! The Leviathan is all but finished and I am slowly chewing through my backlog of plague marines. C&C is, as always, very much appreciated!

Those who lead

http://i.imgur.com/YPpHmmb.jpg?1

The garden was a thing of maddening beauty, of sickening glee. Impossible, calcified trees grew towards the sky and vibrantly glowing, full fruits hung from its branches. Quadrupedal, fungal dwarves scurried through the sticky bushes, chittering sing-songs with their mushy teeth. Kalthun spent much of his time in the gardens above the Endurance; they were a grand, if incomplete copy of the true bustling nexus of life that resided within the Empyrean.

It brought calm to his mind, brought tender slumber to the buzzing in his rotten brain. His twisted paw, no other word could accurately describe the bloated amalgam of powerfist and hand that he bore with himself, closed and opened in lazy motion, all the while flakes of paint and ossified matter fell off, only to serve as food for the garden. The fauna was ever-changing and evolving, yet always trapped in this endless cycle of life and death. The great irony of nurgle. Kalthun chuckled.

http://i.imgur.com/HvDbx5b.jpg?1

It was Archmagos Maluhk that tended to the gardens, primarily at the very least. The Death Guard had little use for new power-armour, seeing as how their new, blessed physique simply regrew their ceramite husks as time went on. There were singular incidents, where plates had to be cut away and new ones added, but the stocks were high enough, and the eternal forges capable enough, to allow the Endurance's archmagos to supervise the garden and the creation of grander designs.

Kalthun's plate had been almost exclusively forged by the archmagos, all save for the right, spiked shoulderplate. It had been a gift from Anuvahk, one of the Warmaster's own; given long before betrayal fell upon the Imperium, long before such things were thought possible. Kalthun remembered that time well. The melancholy was sickening.

http://i.imgur.com/DSBltl5.jpg?1

Life in the garden had grown restless. The fruit-sacks rippled with unfamiliar violence, the fungus-beasts grew to unseen sizes and even the ancient dreadnoughts, leviathans and contemptors, arose from the muck, as if awakened by some undying will. Kalthun felt it in his chest too; the stirring of an insectile storm, the breath of apocalyptic disease. A foreign will drew him towards the ships bridge, a gloomy and rusted place, nearly devoid of any light, save for the colours of the Empyrean.

A war was comming, heralded by moth wings and an embittered son.

-My sons, we march again-

http://i.imgur.com/3zP00qj.jpg?1
----------------------------------------

@Vairocanum: Oh boy, if you only knew what I am sitting on right now ;)

@brettfp: I like to think that indeed he'd be! Thanks mate :)

Alright, the plague marine champion from Dark Imperium is finished. Quite honestly, I think it is my least favorite sculpt of them all. Not a fan of the fist and the whole torso area feels rather unfinishes and visually confusing. Quite a pity, because I think that the cowl and pose are otherwise quite nice. Oh well, waste not, as they say :)

Today, I felt a rush of inspiration as I found the ruined remains of a Dark Vengeance Chosen and a few other bitz. Have a look at it:

http://i.imgur.com/4rV5bZe.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/hj0EqVg.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/nD6vz51.jpg?1

I quite like him :) I'm considering painting him as either a member of the Wrath Khorne Daemonkin, the Bleak Brotherhood, a slaaneshi member of the Black Legion or a member of the Red Corsairs. Currently, I am favouring either the Bleak Brotherhood or the Red Corsairs, but who knows. Maybe he'll be something else entirely!

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Red_Corsairs

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Black_Legion

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Wrath

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Bleak_Brotherhood

Included a few links for the schemes :) Have y'all got any suggestions?

That's all for today! Hope you liked the Plague Marine. C&C is, as always, very much appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...

XIV

I send a pestilence and plague
Into your house, into your bed
Into your streams, into your streets
Into your drink, into your bread
Upon your cattle, on your sheep
Upon your oxen in your field
Into your dreams, into your sleep
Until you break, until you yield
I send the swarm, I send the horde
Thus saith the Lord

The Prince of Ancient Gyptus, ca. m2

ERrsPQZ.jpg?1

Beneath nightmarish skies, upon fields of perpetual entropy and paradoxical life, a demigod's bitternes festers.

tRHXA2q.jpg?1

Wrought by forbidden knowledge and remade by primordial magics, he resides where life is impossible and death a lie.

BY2Vkm0.jpg?1

One hand casts lances of blinding light, its fury brighter than any hellfire envisioned by mortal fever dream.

x08GUCP.jpg?1

The other hand wields prison and prize alike, relic of what was once a father and now testament to damnation.

tyoFyER.jpg?1

The demigod stirrs, his wings unfold with the sound of crumbling empires, his iron skin screeches like the choir of the dead.

He rises towards the skies of an effigy world, opening a mouth that had not spoken in decades.

-Come one. Come all-

QgLPkv1.jpg?1

---------------------------------------

Not quite sure how I missed the last update but the the new plague marine looks great painted up! I think red corsairs would look awesome for the converted dark vengeance mini, although bleak brotherhood is enticing as well. What you're sitting on hmmm... I will look forward to seeing what you've created from ADB's books then?

Really happy to see that you'll be doing Mortarion, liking the details on the base! A great poem and short fluff for him as well, definitely looking forward to seeing more!

Old Scars

Of all legions, it was the Death Guard that relished absolute annihilation the most.

Not the bloodshed and massacre wrought by the World Eaters and Blood Angels.

Not the tactical ingenuity of the First and the Last.

But the utter razing of earth and mountains,

The fire of phosphex, the breath of cancerous winds.

A love they never lost.

peWvEhI.jpg?1

Khalor felt the reinvigorating breath of Nurgle spread across his ceramite skin. Hadrian III burned before him; fetid flies and noxious drones buzzed through the air, stopping only to feast until nothing living was left. Phosphex canisters exploded around him, spreading their black flames and iridiscent green fumes in big, almost splashing waves that ate through iron and ceramite alike. The Novamarine retreated from the deadly avalanche, yet Khalor marched through it akin to some spectre of ancient myth. This distilled form of death was well known to him, he had wielded it many times during the failed crusade. The three headed emblem of his cadre still sat upon his shoulder, a remnant of ancient, blinded times.

bvNrXgS.jpg?1

The Novamarine's boltshells burrowed into Khalor's flesh, yet they did nothing to stop him. The blessings of his patron healed wounds faster than any apothecary could. Where flesh had been torn apart fungal growth soon sprouted. Where ceramite had been blasted away horn and seapocks quickly formed an even sturdier shell. His mutated claw quickly found purchase upon the buffed ceramite. Its acidic slime ate away the paint, the teeth crushed steel beneath them and in the blink of an eye, the loyalist thinblood found himself disarmed, quite literally. Now, Khalor could have very well left him to die of his infections, but where would be the fun and glory in that?

JY2A4Qj.jpg?1

The battle was over, yet the bedlam and the plagued choirs did not cease. Prisoners were taken, geneseed harvested and spoils looted. Khalor observed his massive hand; a three-pronged, almost bovine maw of a sickly, blueish colour. Before they had entered the warp so long ago, the apothecaries had scheduled to remove the sickly appendage and replace it with cold iron and shiny brass. Nurgleth himself intervened with his divine plagues and after seven nights of agony, Khalor had been gifted witha limb stronger than any augmentic could be. The liquid phosphex that it secreted sizzled so nicely upon his skin.

He would be sure to spread that sensation amongst all sons of Guillaume.

jcBQ6iy.jpg?1

---------------------------------

@MikhaiLeNoir: Thanks mate! I think you will be glad to hear that only the base is left ;)

@Vairocanum: Patience, patience good friend, I plan great things I think you'll find ;) Glad you like my last two updates, although I cannot take credit for the poem; that one belongs to Dreamworks and the movie Prince of Egypt (An amazing animated film), but I figured that, if anything, the biblical plagues would surely lie within Mortarion's domain.

I hope you enjoyed this plague marine! He was a joy to paint, especially the different shades and colours of cancer-ridden flesh! Mortarion is nearly finished, give or take a few days. Hope you liked this update. C&C is, as always, very much welcome and appreciated! Have a nice day :)

• 4 weeks later...

Cthonic Titans

Fear what was forgotten

Fear what broods in the dark

Your eyes are blind to it

Yet those milky orbs clearly see you

SHkmbZh.jpg?1

Pict-Capture 0037: Grave-Warden Sergeant Antosh "Doubtwrought", 6th Blightcompany "The Ferrymen"

I remember Terra, those ashen wastes of Albia and its rad-bleached cliffs. I remember the Raiders of the Dusk, warriors clad in pidgeon-grey and scarlet-red. I remember Barbarus, mist-shrouded cradle of our father. I remember what the Death Guard once was, slayers of tyrants and champions of the enslaved. Then came betrayal, when the Angel of Death turned from his father. Blood, fo cousins and brethren alike, had stained my mail-clad fists; their screams of despair and anguish forever locked in my skull.

I relished the freedom of heresy; I saw myself as wise for unmasking the Emperor's true nature: tyranny. We spread irradiated death across the stars, burned cultures that had existed for untold centuries, and brought the first few teachings of Nurgleth to the infidels. Then came the blight, that which slew us and yet not quite, and with it came ascension. We became more. Blessed, perhaps divine even. And yet...

And yet...

I remember what we once were; so much less, yet so much more.

What are we now? So much more, yet so much less.

yKq5IDn.jpg?1

Pict-Capture 0038: Grave-Warden Inar "Fly", 6th Blightcompany "The Ferrymen"

Inar. The Fly. The Thinblood. The Reaper's blood had never coursed through its veins. Once, many millenia ago when Inar was not just a husk's name, it had been one of Guillaume's own; a Scythe of the Emperor. I can still remember how we broke him in mind and body. Fevers, sores and cancers we had forced into his flesh; sweet whispers of heresy and promises of salvation had honeyed his mind.

How quickly the thinbloods accept new masters. Who could fault them? They have never stood in the presence of gods; have never beheld the perfection that is a primarch. Such delicious irony, that he would stand with us as we fought against the Ultramarines and their Liege. Beneath the Fly, the jailor of his mind and souls, the new lord over Inar's flesh, I could feel him stirr. Even after centuries of slavery and absolute blindness, Inar recognized his father's presence for what it was.

And he finally understood the cost of heresy.

bzyDL6B.jpg?1

Pict-Capture 0039: Grave-Warden Dakâz "Wormheart", 6th Blightcompany "The Ferrymen"

Dakâz, son of Barbarus and bearer of our most ancient armaments. Many of us had once been Grave-Wardens, not only in name but in arms too, and many of us had abandoned the mortars and gloves of our office. Yet, Dakâz held on to them, despite the many gifts hidden in the gardens of Nurgleth. Was it pride? Comfort? Perhaps melancholy? I can't say, those needle-eyes of his betray little of the sickening mind behind. Perhaps it is the familiar fizz and sizzle of curdling blood that is so well known to those armed with Phosphex.

Be it as it may, the death he brought to the 500 worlds was beautiful. Cast in flames of black and green, the carcasses of the doomed stumbled and collapsed in the dirt, only to rise to new, unholy life. What lives, only does so to die. What dies, only does so to live. Nurgleth's eternal paradox that beats at the core of us all.

xCsBpgd.jpg?1

Pict-Capture 0040: Grave-Warden Badrosh "Bonebreaker", 6th Blightcompany "The Ferrymen"

Badrosh, brother of mine and disgraced son of the Gorgon, still clad in the bastard plate that you had ripped from the still steaming corpses of the fallen. The cog-wreathed eye of Horus still casts its baleful gaze from your plate, defying both your headless father and, ironically, Horus, the sacrificial king. You were Xth through and through; not Iron Hand, but Xth. Stalwart, brutal, stubborn. In many ways, you are more Death Guard than many born from Barbarus' decrepit valleys.

You cast your weapons aside as you beheld the Grandfather's garden. Together we wandered, deeper and deeper into the fungal forests and ossified glades. There, you found a weapon that was kindred to your spirit. Forged by unseen hands, hidden from prying eyes, and yet the Grandfather led you to it, and what a harvest you have already brought in with it. Many gifts wrack your body, and yet I see no sign of spawnhood in your eyes, no sign of weakness in your soul.

All you have to say is the dark creed of all traitors.

"Greatness, no matter the cost."

LVpAQnU.jpg?1

Pict-Capture 0041: Grave-Warden Sherge "The Butcher", 6th Blightcompany "The Ferrymen"

Now Sherge, the mad beast, unnerves me in ways others cannot. Only darkness seeps from his eyehole, and no sound leaves the walls of his plate, save the thrum of servos and the croaking of digestion. Sherge had been silent since his secondment to the Night Lords way back during the Great Crusade. They taught him how to eat progenoids during the Heresy; a grisly treat that few of our kind relish.

Sherge always scours the battlefield, always hungry. I don't care to see what he does to survivors, I am content with the spoils that he and the slaves bring back. Sometimes, when the warp is particularly violent and transit is uneasy, I can hear him drag his axe across the walls. Funny, how it makes the cultists scatter.

--------------------

Hello folks. I've finally received my Blightlords! For some reason the shipment to the local shop got delayed until yesterday.

@Vairocanum: Thanks mate, glad you like the writing! :) Well, I've got the Blightlords, a box of plague marines, and am putting the last few finished on Mortarion. After that. I am not quite sure honestly. Maybe I'll do some more Plague Marines, maybe some more Blightlords, but I'd love some actual undivided new chaos stuff.

Well, that's all for today. Hope you have a nice day! C&C is, as always, much welcome and appreciated. Edited by The Observer

The Ferrymen are looking great and the accompanying fluff really adds depth to them, especially as it comes from a viewpoint within the narrative. Antosh's pose, is very commanding too, most fitting for the unit commander.

Is it possible to get a shot of these fellas together?

Things Unspoken

Heresy takes on a myriad shapes

A word spoken in secret

Thus, you shan't speak or hear any

A gift given far from prying eyes

Thus you shan't give nor take any

A hand offered in aid after prayer

Thus you shan't offer nor receive any

From ashes to ashes

From dust to dust

Pater Claudian

N8QnUhW.jpg?1

Pict-Capture 0042: Veteran Mitjan "The Merry", 6th Blightcompany "The Ferrymen"

Once, Mitjan had been destined to visit the toiling world of Mars and learn beneath the iron spyres. He would've been a techmarine, perhaps even Forgemaster one day, but we rebelled and Mars suddenly seemed a far place shrouded in myth. His bitterness he turned towards those loyal to the false Emperor, with bolter, fist and toxin.

I could smell the reek of hatred on his breath; that acrid stench of distasteful thoughts and morbid desires. When we were trapped in the warp and the Grandfather's gift wrought unholy pain upon our mortal frames, the legion wept and cried. The Death Guard, most indomitable of all legions, was reduced to begging. All, but Mitjan. He laughed. His mouth was curled in a vile expression of glee as all the bitter things in him spewed forth and were replaced by acceptance. Mitjan accepted lord Nurgleth's gifts long before our father did.

paCoktu.jpg?1

Pict-Capture 0043: Veteran-Sergeant Janosh "The Heartless", 6th Blightcompany "The Ferrymen"

Janosh was a true warrior-king. Not the wild, barely bound berzerk that the sons of Russ or Angron were. Not the auric crusaders that the Blood Angels or Emperor's Children were. Janosh was brutal, direct, unable to compromise; a true onslaught that methodically ground everything before him to dust. I suppose that came with spending so much time along side of the Iron Warriors.

His fall was similarly brutal. I remember how Janosh had vomited black blood and acid; the holes still remain aboard our ship. His veins had turned black, like a net of oil, and his eyes wept burning trails of tainted vitae. By plunging his gladius through his chest twice, he had hoped to escape a more horrid death, but even that could not save him from the Grandfather's embrace. Two holes in his plate still commemorate those days of darkness.

C4dpdkI.jpg?1

Pict-Capture 0044: Veteran Barish "The Unflinching", 6th Blightcompany "The Ferrymen"

To be Death Guard, meant to be immovable, unstoppable and certain in purpose and aim. Barish embodied that very well. Lost limbs couldn't hold him back in the trenches. Shots to the chest wouldn't slow him down. He was a bad shot for an Astartes, more of a spray and pray man, but he made up for that in the trenches. A dagger, knife, club, feth even a pipe was enough for Barish to take apart a bunker piece by piece.

His bolter still lies abandoned in the lower decks of our ship, coveted by the teeming cultist masses. Barish never lets go of his axe, however. A nameless thing, for all I know, but he made it himself during the days of the Great Crusade and has oiled, sharpened and cleaned it every day since then. His ascendence was painful, even if his stern face betrayed little of it. I could see it in his eyes, in the way his gums bled.

cO65Q55.jpg?1

Pict-Capture 0045: Veteran Miro "The First", 6th Blightcompany "The Ferrymen"

In many ways, I was nobody. I was no adept of technologies, no visionary of the flesh and certainly not gifted with the touch of witchery. I was a good shot, a competent soldier; both saw me promoted to the rank of veteran, but that is where all ended. No further promotion, never became a sergeant, gods-forbid a centurion. In many ways, I was a true son of Mortarion. Obedient, strong, stubborn, efficient and yet ultimately faceless amongst equals.

Yet still, my name is known throughout the legion; even the Angel of Death knows of me. Why? Because I was the first. The first to fall to the Grandfather's touch. The first to be blessed truly by his curse and gift. In the becalmed tides of the warp he came to me, gifted me with pain and burning blood. It was I who became the first of the plague marines. In many ways, I am everything. Faceless, and yet unique in the Grandfather's embrace.

-----------------------

Hello everybody! Today I have four built Plague Marines for you, built from the Plague Marine kit. I tried to de-mutate them as much as I could and bring them in line with the original Jes Goodwin artwork as well as add my own spritz to the mix. You can read more about that on my blog.

@Pearson73: Thanks mate, glad you like 'em! I'll be sure to make a squad photo of the Terminators for the next post :)

@Vairocanum: Thank you kindly mate! For me it is a toss-up between the Doubtwrought and the Bonebreaker when it comes to favorites. I guess I'll have to paint them first!

Well, that is all for today folks. Hope you liked it! C&C is, as always, much appreciated and welcome!

• 2 months later...

@Reyner: Glad you like them friend :) Personally, my fave has to be Barish!

Hey folks, I am sloiwly plucking away at my DG stuff, but here is a quick something that I whipped up in my downtime between commissions:

EyFoVWc.jpg?1

A9SOx3r.jpg?1

GozfgNp.jpg?1

Yep, that's right, a Slaaneshi renegade! I am still not quite sure how I'll paint him. Either he'll end up as another member of the Black Legion, or I'll go with a Vaoprwave/Synthwave aesthetics theme.

Think of something like this:

http://filtermagazine.com/images/uploads/tycho-art-california-cred-scott-hansen.jpg

This has been one of my favorite covers for quite some time and I'd love to replicate it on a miniature.

So that is all for today, next update should bring some more nurgly goodness! C&C is, as always, very much appreciated and welcome.