http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/JFmodel/Eye%20of%20Terror_zpsypoqlajy.jpg

'Thirteen times shall the Traitor King go forth. In the End Times the iron fortress shall be cast down. Its walls breached and its Gate forced open. Those that dwell beyond shall spill through it. The air shall burn and the ground shall melt, The Daemon shall lie down with the machine, Brother shall slay brother with fire and sword. And the sky-wound shall pour its malice forth. The Eye shall stare unblinking at its prize, and the Traitor King shall cross the bridge of stars. He shall return to finish the Warmonger's red work, Upon holy soil shall the fate of man be decided.'
The Liber Malefact

Hi everyone

I'm create a brand new Black Legion community topic.  This is just make thing a bit easier for edit the main post.

The community topics are a place for member to come along & talk about there favorite Legion.  From army list, tactics, shown off models & talking about background.  This weekend also see the release of Traitor Legion supplement.

Also if you put up your warband I'll try get a list of the memeber, along side there Warband & the Lord, Sorcerer, Warpsmith or Dark Apostle who led them into battle.  Same goes with any Army logs or any background & battle reports.

"This is not our 13th Crusade.  This is the finial battle of a war 10,000 years old.  The eye will open & Chaos will reign.  First, we unleash the Butcher.  The path of Ruin he carves across the stars will herald our victory.
Lord Xorphas, prior to the attack on the Diamor System.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/4aa91e3cda3d42b2c10fec9e27b9633c_zpsvbsksf8y.png

Chosen Warband of Abaddon

- The Black Harbingers - Khargor Bane, the Fell Reaver of Makan, Lord of the Black Harbingers - Midnight Runner
- The Hell Wrought Vindicators - Lord Protivus the Lost - Prot
- The Lions of the Despoiler - Lord Silas, Knight of Thorns  - Vesper
- The Hands of Fate - The Master, Scryer-Sorcerer of the Black Legion - Akylas
- The Gate Aflame - Lord Jorg Valgaddon - Sith'ari
- The Severed Chains - Lord Zevach the All Seeing - 40kChris
- The Crimson Eyes  Lord Hamal Vhilgraf, Knight of the Black Shrine - malisteen
- The Spurned Host - Lord Elochai the Unrelenting - KaosRaptor
- The Blackened Ironwalpurgisnacht
- The Sable Claws - Lord Arr'akol - emperors immortals
- Apocalypse Company - Lord Vastakel Khyre - Biaz
- Ravagers of Hellshrike - Lord Zebulon Hellshrike, the Warp-Crowned - Imperialis_Dominatus
- Last but One - Lord Artein and the Eightfold Council - Artein
- Forsworn Eight - Lord Neigorath the Thrice-Accursed - Neigorath
- Malific Reavers - Lord Azas Vem - The Psycho
- The Pariah Wolves - Lord Issac Alyxander - Lord Pariah
- Servants of the Black Prince - Lord Haba'mon the Black Prince - NoLifeKing
- The Twisted Rune - Lord Malavarn the Untwisted - Fatespinner
- The Unblinking Eye - Lord Apophis Kantarah - Marshal Loss
- The Black Coven - Lord Luther - Luther: The Fallen
- Harbingers of Hate - Zhul

CATECHISM OF THE BLACK LEGION

Who pledged his loyalty? The Warmaster

Whom did we serve in faith? The Warmaster

From whom did we take our name? The Warmaster

Who was denied to us? The Warmaster

But whom shall we remake? The Warmaster

And who shall lead us to victory? The Warmaster

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Black_Legion_zpsnsmjy1zz.jpg

The Icon of the Black Legion for memeber to add to there signature for the Black Legion community

http://shrani.si/f/3J/dt/4yISM0XM/bl-logo.jpg

+Note+

Once my holiday start in a few weeks time, I'll try add a list of novel with Black Legion, like ADB really great Talons of Horus novel.

I've also been aim to try start my own Black Legion force.  It been 20 years since I started collecting Chaos Space marines & it was the Black Legion who started it.  Thanks to the new Traitor Legion supplament, I think I will get a small Terminator force to start off my Hound of Abaddon force.  My Black Legion force was Khorne heavy.

I, Midnight Runner, Despot of the Black Legion and oathsworn of the Hounds of Abaddon, stand ready to burn the Corpse God worshipping fools in the name of the Long War and the Warmaster. The Black Harbingers will see Cadia fall, Terra will burn. The False Emperor will burn. The Galaxy will burn....

DARK LORD DURDLE-DURDLE REPORTING!  with the new traitor legions supplement, i've decided to pledge my currently grey army to the warmaster!  rerolls for the reroll throne!  So with these formations, how are you guys planning to build?  I played a game last night, and crushed the pitiful raven guard (read, won by a single kill point, contemptors and leviathan dreads are dead 'ard).  I used the warband + raptor talon.  I really feel like the t1 deep striking saved me as it allowed me to take out most of his locator beacons.

I'm waiting for confirmation to see if our black legion warband gets obsec or if we can use the normal warband in the speartip detachment. If we do then I plan to run a warband led by abaddon with terminators deep striking in the enemies face turn one :)

Also thought of a cheeky idea to run a CAD alongside the speartip detachment and attach abaddon to a unit of 3 obliterators and a sorcerer with the last memory of yuranthos. Come down turn one, melt face with oblits, blind surrounding enemies with last memory :) some extra psychic shenanigans (i.e. invisibility) would really help make this work.

....The eye will blink open and terror will come to those who meet its gaze.  The eye will be black.  Not just dark in color, but the blackness of a sinful soul, the blackness that blinds our vision, the blackness that we feared as children, and if we are honest, sometimes fear even as adults, the blackness of death separated from eternity at His side.  The eye has blinked before, and we think we are prepared for it to happen again, brave men stand ready for it, yet they are not prepared for this.  The eye will gaze at us hungrily.  We will be devoured by a beastly maw of darkness and teeth.  We will be devoured!   Repent!  Beg forgiveness for your many sins....

I, Lord Carrack, pledge my growing Black Maw Warband to the Warmaster.

I play infrequently, but I'm excited about the new rules. I have everything I need for the warband, except paint on raptors and bikers. I'm tempted to run the warband, with the turn 1 deepstrike, along with the deep striking helbrute formation. Obviously I don't play competitively, just narrative games with a few friends, but I think I'll have fun with this set up.

I play infrequently, but I'm excited about the new rules. I have everything I need for the warband, except paint on raptors and bikers. I'm tempted to run the warband, with the turn 1 deepstrike, along with the deep striking helbrute formation. Obviously I don't play competitively, just narrative games with a few friends, but I think I'll have fun with this set up.

I may be wrong but i rhink the 1st turn deepstrike is from the detatchment of which mayhem pack can't be taken as a part of. I pray im wrong because turn 1 deep striking brutes would be sweeeeet.

Greetings Brothers united in the Black! Nice to see your services pledged in the name of the Long War B)

I too am really excited about the new book, which is funny as I thought I wouldn't be. I was genuinely expecting a copy and paste from our supplement; the Hatred:Imperial scummers every turn and Termies as troops was a pleasant surprise. As is this Speartip, which I'll admit I don't know a great deal about but I am looking forward to trying it.

As to the core formation, I haven't seen it mentioned that we get ObSec, so I am assuming not which is a shame as we are the only ones. That will not stop me using it however, but I think that the Hounds of Abaddon may suit me more as I run Khorne heavy. If I want ObSec, then I will revert to Traitors Hate via our Black Legion Supplement (so still free vets) though none of the benefits from the new book.

Or could we use the new book in random with Traitors Hate? It does say any detachment can become a Traitor Legion, it would mean endless hatred at least and still free VoLW, if not Speartip.

I also usually use a small CAD for FW goodies, and now I get to use Terminators as the Troops should I so wish B)

Overall, I am a happy Traitor :)

I'm not sure the thread's title is fitting since the Black Legion is everything but the sons of their fathers. Something like "Heroes of the Long War" or whatever might be more Black Legionny.

Oh, and if it's possible to change my background stuff in the order of battle, that would be kind of you.

- The Lions of the Despoiler - Lord Silas, Knight of Thorns - Vesper

Edited by Vesper

I'm not sure the thread's title is fitting since the Black Legion is everything but the sons of their fathers. Something like "Heroes of the Long War" or whatever might be more Black Legionny.

What about "The Ezekarion - A Black Legion Community" ?

Bye, bye Horus *waves*

Well that's true enough. Can't be associated with that loser, right? :D

Greetings Brothers united in the Black! Nice to see your services pledged in the name of the Long War :cool.:

I too am really excited about the new book, which is funny as I thought I wouldn't be. I was genuinely expecting a copy and paste from our supplement; the Hatred:Imperial scummers every turn and Termies as troops was a pleasant surprise. As is this Speartip, which I'll admit I don't know a great deal about but I am looking forward to trying it.

As to the core formation, I haven't seen it mentioned that we get ObSec, so I am assuming not which is a shame as we are the only ones. That will not stop me using it however, but I think that the Hounds of Abaddon may suit me more as I run Khorne heavy. If I want ObSec, then I will revert to Traitors Hate via our Black Legion Supplement (so still free vets) though none of the benefits from the new book.

Or could we use the new book in random with Traitors Hate? It does say any detachment can become a Traitor Legion, it would mean endless hatred at least and still free VoLW, if not Speartip.

I also usually use a small CAD for FW goodies, and now I get to use Terminators as the Troops should I so wish :cool.:

Overall, I am a happy Traitor :smile.:

I was thinking the same thing about obsec. The Core Black Legion Warband which is part of the Black Legion Speartip doesn't appear to have obsec afaik, though I haven't seen the book so I'm not 100% sure - which if true is a bit of a bummer.

I have been building a Black Legion army for the last year. Most of it is near being painted now but I haven't named my warband yet... I am excited for this release though!

Re: Traitor Legions. I'm personally tempted to run a CAD for free VoTLW & obsec Terminators - I'd probably go with 4 units of 3 with combi-plasmas or combi-meltas or 2 bigger units of 6 with atached Cabal Sorcerers.

Hounds of Abaddon with Icon of Wrath is really good if you run Khorne.

Edited by Dallas Drake

Oh, and if it's possible to change my background stuff in the order of battle, that would be kind of you.

- The Lions of the Despoiler - Lord Silas, Knight of Thorns - Vesper

If anyone got any idea feel free & I'll add that in.  Just though go with this as a nod back toward the Black Legion (Abaddon/Sons of Horus) heritage.  But as said any idea feel free add them.......... if ADB ready this ;)

If any warband are not currently added or like yourself Vesper wanting to change them.  I will get this done on Friday.  I'll also add some photos of Christian Bryne Black Legion force that use to be shown in the White Dwarf many years ago as I've fought them that Warhammer World just ten year ago & they where on display that Warhammer World following year as part showcase for Chaos Space Marines, Teethgrinder World Eater where also on display.

I don't know, I'm sort of the of the opinion that objective secured is somewhat overrated. It's fine if you're playing a very fast Army like Eldar or something that can take objectives quickly but for most armies I tend to think that being better at combat is more useful. If you kill your enemy off the objective it doesn't matter if you have objected secured. After having taken a closer look at the black Legion warband I think I like it mor I think I like it more. One of the issues I had with the normal warband is the need to take two chaos Marine squads which is a somewhat heavy investment. The black Legion warband can take to chosen squads instead which while more expensive gives you the option to take t gives you the option to take 2 special weapons in on gives you the option to take two special weapons in one 5 man squad. On top of this with the biker Squad and Terminators Squad it becomes fairly easy to activate preferred enemy with a plasma chosen Squad.

Edit: another thing I have noticed is that taking lightning claws on champions seems to work out well for me. I have a habit of rolling poorly so the hatred and Shred help make my rolls not suck so much. The loss of the one extra attack from not having to close combat weapons or a pistol is balanced by The Shred. I was already taking power swords fairly often but lightning claws have the same points cost.

Edited by durdle-durdle

RE the Objective Secured - By the looks of it, it's a no ObSec for the Black Legion Warband, but you will still be able to use the book in conjunction with Traitors Hate if you really want ObSec, though you won't get the command benefits like the other legions, you will still get Endless Hatred. I am going to think of it as more 'choice'.

Source -

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/328002-traitor-legions/?p=4585638

Personally, I like ObSec, as if your opponent has it, you can't contest them however I will be using both the Warband and the Hounds as I want to try the new stuff too. Eventually, I wouldn't mind a full Terminator army too ;)

As for thread title, my votes go for -

"EZEKARION - THE BLACK LEGION COMMUNITY"

or

"LET THE GALAXY BURN - A BLACK LEGION COMMUNITY"

What was Falkus Kibre warband know as in Talons of Horus?  I'll have a look that different names more fitting to the Black Legion & get the suggestion already posted in a few days time & let people see which one fit this topic more.

​With Traitor Legion release less than 48 hour (UK time), have any you got any plans.  Gaming, hobby?

I've got a few Khorne Terminator upgrade that I'll use for my Terminator force to get me back into collecting my Black legion.  Just I'm sort of holding out to see what/if any new Chaos models next year?  But think I'm safe to get the Terminator model up, so try gather parts up for that.  Maybe somthing I will vow for ETL next year :D

Guys... I'm trying to figure out what the angle is on this Black Legion in the book.

I've loved playing Abaddon and loved Termies. The idea of him coming in first turn with ObSec termies sounds good, but it's only a start. What do you do with this Detachment?

I don't mean to sound facetious I'm trying to figure it out because right now I feel like my World Eaters might feel a little like KDK lite. And that's not a knock against the World Eaters, but I look at this as opportunity to try something else.

I know the Cabal is solid choice. I've used it with KDK and with Traitor's Hate in my Khorne army! (So basically same thing. lol)

But I'm stumped on the Detachment. Also another question... the Warband. I do own the digital copy of the BL supplement, but I don't have my ipad with me... but is that ObSec too?