He most likely has a thunder hammer, which is very cool but won’t necessarily make him much better than the power fist we currently have access to. Warlord trait or a special aura or something could make the difference. Having more legion-specific characters is nothing but a good thing!

Yeah personally the Thunder Hammers are far better then power fists, that straight D3 is fantastic. Other then that identical.  

For his price point hes a solid "babysitter" for a unit for Heroic intervention or for a counter-charge the following turn. (this is of course assuming he is geared with what he looks like lol

Yeah, plasma pistol and thunder hammer is pretty good for a melee beater. Depending on his buffs he will be great, but plan to run him with Abby either way.

Given the short haft, it may just be a maul as someone said. However, even that's a decent loadout for relatively few points and we only have a few Chaos models in PA with mauls. More is nice.

Yeah, plasma pistol and thunder hammer is pretty good for a melee beater. Depending on his buffs he will be great, but plan to run him with Abby either way.

Given the short haft, it may just be a maul as someone said. However, even that's a decent loadout for relatively few points and we only have a few Chaos models in PA with mauls. More is nice.
Thunderhammers are usually onehanded weapons. Only the Deathwatch have twohanded Thunderhammers which can potentially do more damage but aren't as reliable. Blood Angels Deathcompany use twohanded thunderhammer bits as well but still the rules for the regular onehanded variant.

The points also add up exactly to 102 for lord + plasma pistol + thunder hammer cost for characters in the Astartes codex.

Good to know. I'm just used to TH's being bigger in comparison to the user. Since I don't get to use them or play against them often, my head is full of old things like the old SW Ironpriest, whose hammer was as tall as he was. The points matching makes a great case for it.

I for one welcome our new Thunder-Hammer Chaos Lords. :)

I looked at his leaked datasheet, can he be used as just a BL HQ? I'm still not sure how keywords work cause I never play.

Also, do any advice on running Zerkers and Noise Marines in a single list?

I fully intend to use him as such a fair bit. He is solid for his cost. 

Zerkers and Noise Marines are both great units, using them together shouldnt be an issue. just make sure that you give the Zerkers at least a Rhino, they are the first thing to be targeted and shot to pieces if able by knowledgeable opponents. 

• 2 weeks later...

That's a pretty sweet conversion, but may I recommend a different color for the yellow accents? Maybe gold, or even silver since your warband consists of fallen Dark Angels.

The yellow is there to tie in with Black Legion. Much of the iconography/transfers, etc for the BL is in yellow.

The model already has some brass accents and doesn't have any shoulders open for yellow insignia there.

The Lord I posted upthread has yellow hood trim and insignia.

Edited by GreaterChickenofTzeentch

• 2 weeks later...