A cool sorcerer character that's all about Possessed with possibly new Possessed models and rules? That would be awesome. Only "meh" thing I see coming is that it would be the perfect character for Word Bearers but he'll have the Black Legion keyword the same way as Haarken is the perfect character for Night Lords but has the Black Legion keyword lol

A cool sorcerer character that's all about Possessed with possibly new Possessed models and rules? That would be awesome. Only "meh" thing I see coming is that it would be the perfect character for Word Bearers but he'll have the Black Legion keyword the same way as Haarken is the perfect character for Night Lords but has the Black Legion keyword lol

You know that to be the truth!

I recall reading somewhere that the fluff for Haarken stated he was a Night Lord. So if these guys seem like they belong to another Legion, that's the point because how the Black Legion works?

I recall reading somewhere that the fluff for Haarken stated he was a Night Lord. So if these guys seem like they belong to another Legion, that's the point because how the Black Legion works?

Not the point I was making though.

It would be totally fluffy to have Hyasphus Kul a Word Bearer in the service of the Black Legion.

Hoping he gets better rules than Haarken. I'm expecting he buffs Possessed, but it's hard to see how to do this usefully for S5 / T4 MEQ with no shooting. They already hit hard and they have a Daemon save.

Thankfully, it's now moot - they errata'd the errata. He's back to the way he was. We're all now free to have our Raptor deathstars once again *snickers*.

It's almost like they realized how that :cuss might impact sales or something.

Possessed would be buffed if they has 3 base attacks +d3 per turn. And native purple prose deep strike.

Edited by Trevak Dal

Woke up to the full Black Legion-y artwork today -

http://i.imgur.com/rAqxNX9.jpg

Somebody said it looks like a boxset maybe with Kul, Possessed, Obliterator (?) and CSM I am spying. Oh, and some Primaris :cuss All I know is with GW’s recent form of Artwork=Minitures is good. In the words of the Black Legion “We are returned”

Edited by Midnight Runner

Well, with the all these new models (especially new CSM, finally!) i've decided to finally take the black myself! Any Long War veterans here got tips for painting black armour and also the gold trim? I've seen the trim done a few different ways, ranging from quite brassy to very yellowy gold so would be interested to see how you chaps generally go about painting it.

Exciting times to be a follower of the Dark Gods, to be sure.

I'm painting my marines with quite brassy trim, as I used the recipe from Duncan Rhodes' Sons of Horus tutorial. Balthasar Gold as a base, with a wash of Agrax Earthshade and a highlight of Sycorax Bronze. They showed another version at the HH weekender last week - the difference is that they used Gehenna's Gold instead of Balthasar. I'm tempted to try that one on the new Abaddon model, to make him stand apart a little.

Anyway, welcome to the club!

My black is pretty basic - just black :D on the marine sized dudes anyway and then battle damaged. I do highlight with greys on big things. For gold, I use Balthasar Gold, highlights with Ghennas Gold (sp?) then son Runefang Steel on some very edges. I do apply verdigris heat and there, and around rivets/bolts :tu:

Thanks for the tips gents, I've lurked through both of your WIP threads many times so great to hear how you paint your BL. Sounds like you both do very similar with regards to the trim (i believe Balthasar Gold is perhaps just a touch darker then Gehenna's), i think i'll probably use Balthasar Gold myself as i still have a ton of it knocking around from other projects. Going to do a test on some Raptors first off and see how things go :)