This is so cool, that I'm sorely tempted to give BL a go.

I soooo dare you to do that :biggrin.:  going from one fanatical faction to .... another fanatical faction :sweat: , um,ok then... going from black armor to ...errr Black armor :tongue.:

...you sure templars aren't black legion already :ohmy.: 

Mithril  

I soooo dare you to do that :biggrin.: going from one fanatical faction to .... another fanatical faction :sweat: , um,ok then... going from black armor to ...errr Black armor :tongue.:

...you sure templars aren't black legion already :ohmy.:

Mithril

Do I get a fancy eye on my signature?

My birthday is at 17 abbadon goes on pre order 16. Things are lining up.

Edited by Sete

I soooo dare you to do that :biggrin.: going from one fanatical faction to .... another fanatical faction :sweat: , um,ok then... going from black armor to ...errr Black armor :tongue.:

...you sure templars aren't black legion already :ohmy.:

Mithril

Do I get a fancy eye on my signature?

My birthday is at 17 abbadon goes on pre order 16. Things are lining up.

you can ask your mummy to make some eye cookies for your birthday if you desire... But yesss the planets are lining up for your Ascension ...:devil:

Mithril

Well it looks like my very few painted word bearers are being converted over to the black leion. GWs paint scheme and models has won me over. As I said in another thread, somehow they've won me over with such a simple scheme. Thankfully I haven't got many "baby" marines painted or built so I won't have much to catch up on.

Plan is to buy the box through a third party to get that sweet 20% off and sell the primaris half. If it's selling at £105 from GW and people are selling the primaris half on eBay for 60 it's looking like I'm getting the half I want for 25-30 quid. 

Might have to get 2 boxes and convert where I need to...

I collect Khorne and the release of Abaddon has me tempted to make a BL contingency to run along side them. Just hoping Khârn doesnt try anything silly when i do haha  

Yea....ive stopped all WE and Khorne and am now starting a BL hounds of abaddon force....which is still khorne I suppose

Question- i don't have the current Chaos Dex, i'm intending to get the shadowspear  box (of course) and the man himself... 

i have a units worth of the new deathguard but i want to include them in the army as Black legion and paint them up as such as well (with a single nurgle green pad here n there)

how do they work in a chaos undecided force...will they just be generic plague marines and not get access to special rules etc?, i was thinking of doing a thousand sons troop unit as well all done in black and gold too...same with them i guess :ermm:  

i'm not wanting to build a hammer smash all comers army,just a good looking fun army to be the "bad Guys" in games with friends...

i guess i'll get the dex after shadowspear drops...

any answers will be appreciated :sweat:

cheers, Mithril

I don’t think any are ‘must takes’ - the beauty of the Black Legion is you can use whatever you want. It depends on the type of army you want to build (my elite section is Terminator/Chosen Heavy) so I personally don’t use any, but that is down to the fact my favourites don’t have up to date models yet I think (Berzerkers and Noise Marines).

What cult troops are must takes for Black Legion?

The appropriate answer is: "Yes" 

I personally DO NOT run Rubrics at all in my Black Legion....because I have 60 in my Thousand Sons... No overlap. 

I run 16 Plauge Marines. 

12 Noise Marines.

and I am waiting on Berzerker new models but I will run 10-20 of them depending on box kit size when they are released. 

None of the Cults are trash this edition, all are good and have a purpose. Noise and Zerkers have similar jobs: weight of dice attacks. One is in shooting, one is in melee with similar utility. Both hit hard, zerkers hit like blenders in melee and the noise marines can grind any basic unit off the table in a turn (even tough units like tanks they can kill through shooting) 

Plagues are a tough "stick midfield near objective" unit with really good special weapon options. (blight launchers is the go-to for me personally) 

Its entirely up to you and your list design! All of them have merit. 

I personally DO NOT run Rubrics at all in my Black Legion....because I have 60 in my Thousand Sons... No overlap. 

But... if someone were to want to use rubrics in their Black legion force...how is the best kit out for them? 

:biggrin.: thanks for the basic ideas for the other Cults !

Mithril 

But... if someone were to want to use rubrics in their Black legion force...how is the best kit out for them? 

:biggrin.: thanks for the basic ideas for the other Cults !

Mithril 

So funnily enough one of the better builds for Rubrics is only available to Undivided legions and not available to thousand sons!!!  You can take a 5 man unit of rubrics with a Soulreaper cannon. 1k sons get them as troops but require 10 man to get soul reaper. The unit is great for objective sitting, offers a 5 man unit thats immune to morale, and can output 6 shells at ap-2  and 4 shells at ap-3.  For (I think off hand) 104 points. 

Abuse this (you can do it up to 3 squads in elites!). Especially with bolter discipline. (obviously you can get  bigger squads) I find Rubrics to be great and literally have only gotten better as we get deeper into 8th. Points decrease, Bolter discipline.

Frankly with that rule in place? Stick a 5-10 man squad somewhere midfield or in the home territory on an objective and they have guns that can threaten anything that is not T8 easily with ap-2 shots and that squad (assuming in cover) will take a ludicrously disproportional amount of fire to get rid of. The thing killing them will more then likely be worth triple or quadruple their point cost and they are (barring bad rolls) dang near immune to small arms fire. 

2+ save / 5++ save, turns into a 1+ / 4++ save in cover against Damage 1 weapons. Bolter Discipline meaning that "double tap" range when standing still is 24 so they can reach out and threaten a fair amount of targets. I personally do big squads but if you want to splash a good objective holder unit in an undivided legion Rubrics are a solid choice IMHO

I have already arranged for two halves of the chaos part of Shadowspear.  Not sure how much work I'll get out of having 2 Masters and 4 Greater Possessed but the idea is two squads of CSM (one with both plasma, one with both autocannon), 4 oblits might get use despite their high price point (may just run as one unit of 3 and have a spare), and 2 venomcrawlers while I'm not expecting much due to how it's statted I think it deserves experimentation.

Now just eagerly awaiting the rest of the Chaos releases and Vigilus 2 to see what other benefits we get so I know what else to get.  I'm strongly considering painting up my third Plague Marine squad as Black Legion/Bringers of Decay rather than Death Guard and maybe get a box of Rubric Marines for Sons of the Cyclops.