Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Consecrators Chapter

Consecrators Chapter Dark Angels Chapter

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Confused Word Bearer

Confused Word Bearer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 293 posts
  • Faction: Word Bearers, Ultramarines
Hello all! I'm currently on the fence on starting the Consecrators chapter with a Betrayal at Calth box that I will have the money for soon. I like their color scheme, and the box is also fluffy enough, as the Consecrators have a good amount of the older armor patterns. I'm thinking of running the tac squads that come in it with full plasma, plasma pistol, gun, and cannon, with the pistol and a power sword on the Sergeants.

Also, I have a question on whether anyone knows a source to this bit of fluff I remember reading about them, it said that their Deathwing/1st Company wore the black of the chapter, but with off-white helmets like that of the Dark Angel's own Deathwing to signify their relationship. It's not in the 7e Codex I borrowed from my friend who is going to start his own Dark Angels force with the help of a Dark Vengeance box I helped get him.

Edit: I found the source! Apparently it's in The Unforgiven, by Gav Thorpe in his Legacy of Caliban trilogy. Is it any good? I've heard that his Dark Angels books are just okay?

Edited by Brother Tyler, 13 March 2017 - 10:47 AM.
Tags edited

The chainsword is the will of the righteous made manifest.
gallery_4664_12529_16642.jpg

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 15,355 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Hello Warsmith Krast, good to see you have an interest in the Consecrators.

As regards the background, the only official bit that I'm aware of, is the small passage in the Codex. There is also the Fantasy Flight Deathwatch role-play books that add a bit - but nothing altering the Codex fluff. I've never heard anything about white helmets for termies - but I may have missed something...

Good luck with your project and don't forget to post pics! :)

Confused Word Bearer

Confused Word Bearer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 293 posts
Thanks, Captain! I'll be sure to once I get it and get the marines painted. Though, I doubt I'll have any ready before next year, unfortunately. Going to ask for BaC for Christmas, and buy the necessary paints with my money that I have, then take forever to actually paint them! :P
  • Captain Semper likes this

GreyRavenC

GreyRavenC

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,853 posts
  • Faction: Consecrators

We have very few information about fluff, so you have Carte Blanche for what you want to do. Regardless, it are your mini's and no one is going to mutilate you for using different colours.

I find that the black terminators with bone helmets look quite good, but I may be biased since I painted them like that =P  

• Captain Semper and Confused Word Bearer like this

gallery_92826_13373_1665.jpggallery_92826_13373_2084.jpggallery_92826_13373_141.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei05.gifETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_05.gifETL_Medal_02.gifgallery_69091_12729_1587.gifgallery_48988_15200_6281.pnggallery_48988_15200_3064.pnggallery_48988_15200_3735.pnggallery_48988_15200_7389.pnggallery_48988_15200_6831.png

Grand Master Belial

Grand Master Belial

++ APPARITORIS DESTRICTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,859 posts
  • Faction: The Unforgiven!

And Bryan Blaire's Stoneburners also use a similar scheme. 

I agree with the above, it is not firmly established so the Rule of Cool is in play here. Any time I had a Consecrator in a robe, the inner lining was painted red.

IMG_8634.jpg

Edited by Grand Master Belial, 09 December 2016 - 06:10 PM.

• Interrogator Stobz, GreyRavenC and Confused Word Bearer like this

gallery_4664_5295_36672.pnggallery_4664_11830_5080.jpg

What is the terror of death? That we die, our work incomplete. But what is the joy of life? To die, knowing our task is done.

Differences of the Successors Update Project - AoA - AoR - AoV - Cons - DoC - GotC - AoVig

Brotherhood of the Angels 2012 - 2014 - 2015 - 2016 Legends of the Angels 2015 DA - LA 2016 DA - LA

Confused Word Bearer

Confused Word Bearer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 293 posts

We have very few information about fluff, so you have Carte Blanche for what you want to do. Regardless, it are your mini's and no one is going to mutilate you for using different colours.

I find that the black terminators with bone helmets look quite good, but I may be biased since I painted them like that =P

I saw your thread, and I quite like your marines! I can guarantee that mine'll have a different look to them from what I'm envisioning in my head right now. I think for my Deathwing/1st Company I'll have them with bone helms, but the Champion/Sergeant having bone with a red stripe, maybe. For the regular marines, I really want to either do the 4th or 5th company marking. Oddly enough, looking at the codex, the example marine for the Consecrators has the same 6th company marking as the Dark Angels, except where it would be green it was black, so the 6th company Consecrators marking came out as a bone half circle. So apparently where there's green it would be black on the Consecrators.

And Bryan Blaire's Stoneburners also use a similar scheme. 

I agree with the above, it is not firmly established so the Rule of Cool is in play here. Any time I had a Consecrator in a robe, the inner lining was painted red.

Yeah, I like the red robes, they look really nice!

Chmur

Chmur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 320 posts
  • Faction: Consecrators

Basically for Consecrators, you want to start building your scheme on the Heresy DA colours and then add some touches and twists to bring them in-line with the current DA heraldry - therefore the Deathwing bone coloured helmets etc.

As has been said, nothing beats the rule for cool, besides Chapter Master Nakir description there is really no exact information on Consecrators and everyone spins their take on the chapter in a bit different way, from the history/legacy to the "newest allowed equipment" etc.

• Confused Word Bearer likes this

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,446 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos

I think for my Deathwing/1st Company I'll have them with bone helms, but the Champion/Sergeant having bone with a red stripe, maybe.

:lol:

That's awesome, that's exactly how my Deathwalkers 1st Company helms are for my Stoneburners, and I think it looks really good and iconic for the Unforgiven! Take a look at my WiP to see the Sergeant with the red stripe to see one take on it, and looking forward to seeing how yours come out!

Edited by Bryan Blaire, 09 December 2016 - 02:50 PM.

• Captain Semper and Confused Word Bearer like this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners
Posted Here: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the War and Wolves): PCA WiP Forum
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Confused Word Bearer

Confused Word Bearer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 293 posts

Basically for Consecrators, you want to start building your scheme on the Heresy DA colours and then add some touches and twists to bring them in-line with the current DA heraldry - therefore the Deathwing bone coloured helmets etc.

As has been said, nothing beats the rule for cool, besides Chapter Master Nakir description there is really no exact information on Consecrators and everyone spins their take on the chapter in a bit different way, from the history/legacy to the "newest allowed equipment" etc.

Yeah, I think I'll probably do the 5th company for my dudes, using the Dark Angels insignia, but following the picture of the example marine in the codex by making the green part black, so an even simpler version of the DA 5th company marking, a quartered bone and black kneepad. I was thinking of using the DA's 4th company marking, but while it looks a lot better in my opinion, it also seems like it'd be a lot harder to do on 30+ marines, but I don't know. Maybe I'll do it, maybe not.

That's awesome, that's exactly how my Deathwalkers 1st Company helms are for my Stoneburners, and I think it looks really good and iconic for the Unforgiven! Take a look at my WiP to see the Sergeant with the red stripe to see one take on it, and looking forward to seeing how yours come out!

Wow. Just skimmed through your thread and I have to say that those are some amazing marines you have! Can I steal your skill for a while? :P The freehanding you have is the most impressive part in my opinion! I especially love the dreadnought. I love dreadnoughts.

Also, I'm currently writing a 1500 point list for what I want to end up with and will work on an expanded 1850 and/or 2000 point list for when I'm satisfied with the 1500 list. The only guarantees are lots of plasma and trying to be fluffy with the list. And plasma. And a single dreadnought. With plasma.
  • Bryan Blaire likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Consecrators Chapter, Dark Angels Chapter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users