Hey all!

Some of you may know that over in the 40k fanbase of Tumblr, we have a black library author among us. Robbie MacNiven, author of Legacy of Russ and soon-to-be released Red Tithe, is an active member of the community and often interacts directly with it's members.

I have had the pleasure of speaking with him directly in order to ask him a few questions about Red Tithe and the Carcharadons in general, and he's given me advice and direction in creating as fluff-accurate a company - or as the Carcharadons themselves would put it - shoal, as possible.

I'll be updating this semi-regularly, starting later on today, as soon as I can get my image hosting sorted out. Then I'll be posting the pictures of what I have so far!

Hope you all enjoy!

Okay! So, I managed to host my images, so I guess I should get started posting what I've got!

So here is the 7th's captain, or Shoal Master. Presenting Shoal Master Ke'oke'o Hemonga, the Great White

Hn9EmnN.jpg

All I need to finish him up is a left arm, which I'm going to source from the Scarab Occult terminators. He's gonna have a storm bolter.

hpwAmRX.jpg

Next up, Squad Triton, the 7th Shoal's sternguard veterans, lead by sergeant Namakaeha Triton

dAzM7Wg.jpg

cVS3MS0.jpg

if5LPfU.jpg

As you can see he uses a trident, both of his gauntlets are customised with Stormcast parts

Lastly, what carcharadons army would dare exist without the Red Brethren? Here is Squad Lear, led by Sergeant Kaioka Lear

8LqaBzw.jpg

tWSvuSm.jpg

For those who don't know, the 1st company of the Carcharadons are known as the Red Brethren, they have access to terminator armour. The 1st company is captained by chapter master Tyberos himself, and sends 5 men squads to each of the other 8 battle companies. The Carcharadons have a different, simple command structure to normal Codex chapters that I can outline in a later post.

Comments and Critques more than welcome!

Cool looking conversions. Always loved the Charcaradons! Can't wait to see how they turn out.

By the way, wear did you get that awesome looking trident spear head? I am thinking of making a new chapter based around those motifs. 

Cool looking conversions. Always loved the Charcaradons! Can't wait to see how they turn out.

By the way, wear did you get that awesome looking trident spear head? I am thinking of making a new chapter based around those motifs.

Thanks for the kind words! As for the trident, It's from the Stormcast Prosecutors if memory serves correctly

I really like the sternguard sergeant, the trident really fits in well with the model. Looking forward to seeing more!

Thank you! More should be up real soon if things go according to plan!

Hey all!

I decided on a little unique lore for my red brethren.

As you can see, Sergeant Lear has been painted up and features a lot of red exile markings. This is not part of the official lore for Carcharadons rather something I decided to do myself.

I decided to paint my Red Brethren with a unique scheme to set them apart from the rest of my army as the Red Brethren are both Veterans and an attachment from the 1st company rather than true members of the 7th.

I used the standard grey with black shoulders, but also used red for exile markings, as a sign of honour for being inducted into the 1st company and also as a renewal for their oaths (void markings are similar to oaths of the moment but tattooed on the skin of Carcharadons). In the unique lore I came up with, I figure that members of the red brethren have their exile markings re-tattooed with red after being inducted into the red brethren.

Let me know what you all think!

Hello all! Been a little while, here with an update on the Shoal Master: his model is now complete, ready to start painting!

r8NkkaT.jpg

He's now fully outfitted with his heavy chainsword (counts as relic blade), Manshredder, and a Storm Bolter, ready to take on the enemies of the Imperium. Praise the Void Father!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey BnC, Merry Christmas!

Here with an update for you, got Prospero and a tactical Squad, decided to make some unique tactical marines for my Carcharadons

This is Squad Delitor, lead by Sergeant Ω53-Delitor

4LC3DIE.jpg

7rj44Ot.jpg

bbCUWzs.jpg

UBMjX5F.jpg

jxX0DOT.jpg

v4QccdL.jpg

VTDJGnf.jpg

uFi55ZJ.jpg

0veakYT.jpg

BpQRmdY.jpg

As you can see, I gave them the distinct mixed and matched armour marks common among the Carcharadons, as well as each marine bar the sergeant being equipped with a chainsword either held or sheathed (this is an option available for 1pt per model, for any Carcharadons. EDIT: this rule is for 7th edition)

LdLLXNp.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone! Long time no post, but not without hobbying. With the release of Red Tithe, the first ever full length Carcharadons novel, I decided to kickstart the painting of my Shoal Master. Here are a few WIP shots, hopefully the project will be finished in the next week!

ZLiHkDv.jpg

CdsPXRu.jpg

As you can see, he's looking pretty 'armless at the moment (groan)

• 3 months later...

After a long time of putting it off and starting other projects, I've finally finished Ke'oke'o Hemonga, 7th Shoal Master of the Carcharadons Astra. It's been a lot of work but very rewarding!

NBeUd7l.jpg

h9F7jkX.jpg

tx1J2fB.jpg

9WkUp7l.jpg

CiF2WbG.jpg

And here's the detail shot of the Night Lord on the base:

pYA78aT.jpg

C&C Welcome and Appreciated!

• 1 month later...

The dismembered corpse is an AWESOME addition to the base.

Good stuff, I like the amount of exile markings he has on him, as befitting an officer. Looking forward to seeing the power armor infantry complete as they have a nice selection of armor marks.

Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you like the final model! I'm a slow painter with a lot of different armies on the go at once, so finishing models can be a little laborious for me. I was very proud of the additions you guys pointed out; my decision to paint the corpse a night lord being influenced by the recent release of Red Tithe. As for the exile markings, they were tough to get right, but certainly worth it I think!

eFmUL9e.jpg

CdGKwRZ.jpg

wZhhQF4.jpg

I put together this apothecary for a command squad. Seems like a fairly simple conversion, but it was a little more complex than it looks. Changes I've made are:

• MK3 extra plating on groin

• modified MK3 helmet, using a helmet scope from a MK7 helmet. This took a while to get right.

• Changed the direction of the searchlight/scopes on his backpack, to face the same direction he's looking

• lastly, and probably the least noticeable bit makes a huge difference, is the addition of vents to the backpack. Originally they were just perfectly smooth and rounded off, so I added vents from a MK3 backpack

Overall I'm very proud of how it came out, the changes are subtle but really change the tone of the model I think!

C&C welcome!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all! Unfortunately I've been affected by the photobucket update, so all the images I've posted so far have been broken. Not to worry, I'm slowly but surely redownloading my images and rehosting them on Imgur.

However, i'm not just here with bad news - I also bring a new model. Finished up the Imperial Space Marine in Carcharadons colours - this is Δ29-Ryu of the 7th Shoal

Za6nEcV.jpg

zyTlIpy.jpg

6FClI2p.jpg

hW8aMvt.jpg

And as a bonus, a group shot of my completed models so far:

EnAgYS0.jpg

Okay, for this thread at least, all the images have been fixed. And I have two new models to share:

Tactical Sergeant Ψ44-Hakon

5l8OVoF.jpg

Tactical Sergeant Γ82-Onua

O0HmHi8.jpg

Which one to paint first? CC apprectiated

Very nice minis. Think you should paint the chainaxe wielding fellow up first, he looks ready to bring some retribution to some unfortunate heretics. :biggrin.:

Nice to see you around Ash! Chainaxe Sergeant seems to be the general consensus based on who I've asked, so I'll make a start on him soon!

• 9 months later...

Hey all,

It’s been a long time since I’ve returned to this thread or my Carcharadons for that matter. They’re a labour of love, each model takes a lot of time due to the exile markings and I’ve since progressed to something a little more simpler to paint - my Iron Warriors, which can be found here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/339889-k0nahriks-iron-warriors/?do=findComment&comment=4898135

However I haven’t been entirely idle! While not painting any models, I have put some time towards converting them. Here’s Hydrax the Wicked, Shoal Master of the XIIth company of the Carcharadons Astra:

Ha8mHCm.jpg

qsqGlGK.jpg

lbvHdnR.jpg

DGAVxOf.jpg

CweGYuL.jpg

Archived