Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dawn of War III

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
508 replies to this topic

Mechanicus Tech-Support

Mechanicus Tech-Support

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 93 posts

Have not seen a post about this yet. Received an email from Relic, Eldar game play will debut today at 12:00pm PST on twitch for those interested.

Link to the twitch stream:

https://www.twitch.t...tv/incontroltv 

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,967 posts
It's over, but it should be up on InControl's youtube soon.

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,967 posts
CzFXqhWUAAA88z3.jpg
Screenshot from the mission played.
  • Ulfgrim Alvsbane and Halandaar like this

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,862 posts
  • Chapter Name: Questoris Knights

Nice, I think it looks good there.

reckoning

reckoning

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,188 posts
It certainly is gorgeous. Hope the gameplay is good.
To Recover The Past Banner

karden00, on 28 Apr 2014 - 21:55, said:
Eh... dark angels couldn't hold the line. Surprise surprise....

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,967 posts

'ere we are.

very gameplay focused but he really enjoyed himself biggrin.png 

i just want to scream about the mechanics I know he missed. "you didn't even blahblahblah your webway gates!" 

• HeritorA likes this

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,862 posts

Like it so far!

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,656 posts
  • Chapter Name: Minotaurs, Sanguine Eagles

Shadow Spectres?! Excellent!

Overall I think it looks great. Might need a GPU upgrade before it comes out though as mine is a little dated....

• HeritorA and IronDrake28 like this

ProjectLogsBanner_zpst6u6alrs.pngMinotaursBanner_zpss9debfxv.png AlphaLegionBanner_zpsbvnjdfkj.png ThousandSonsBanner_zpsepvbqnia.png EventsBanner_zpshae9krd5.pngxenophile_zpshyoyy9dy.png ifexiv_zpsotfxrnnv.png ETL_2016_Badge_04_Forum_Champion_Codex_z ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei04_zpsccivL_T_2_2016_Medal_zpsjpjntd9q.gifL_T_3_2017_Medals_zpsxjb53vnh.gif L_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain_zpsstqsd39d

MaulerUK

MaulerUK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 593 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Angels

Oh yes.  I do love Spectres and Wraithlords.  I'm not a fan of all the self-aggrandising ...HAS JOINED and HAS DONATED nonsense plastered all over the video but that's more Twitch and not DOW3.  lol

Looking GOOD though.

• HeritorA likes this

Chaos Marine #1: "Huh, that can't be a Volkite weapon, I've not seen one of those for what must be 10,000 years realtime..."
Magos Dominus: "01000100 01001001 01000101 00100000 01001000 01000101 01010010 01000101 01010100 01001001 01000011 00100000 01010011 01000011 01010101 01001101 00100001 00100001"
CHOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
Cultists 1-5: "Wraaaaaaaarrrghhhhhh...." *crisped*
Chaos Marine #1: "Cheerio, lol"
Chaos Marine #2: "lol!"
Magos Dominus: "01001100 01001111 01001100 00101100 00100000 01001110 01000101 01010111 01000010 01010011 00100001 00100001"

HeritorA

HeritorA

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,518 posts
  • Chapter Name: Hydra

Oh yes.  I do love Spectres and Wraithlords.  I'm not a fan of all the self-aggrandising ...HAS JOINED and HAS DONATED nonsense plastered all over the video but that's more Twitch and not DOW3.  lol

Looking GOOD though.

Yes to all. The problem is orcs is bad for the main enemy. And for whom to chears if I played both eldar and SM? We need CHAOS  in campaign sad.png

• MaulerUK likes this

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,967 posts
Here's another playthrough without commentary.

https://youtu.be/-OvfwYUA9os

And here's a version with commentary from polycoubt and our creatove director.

https://youtu.be/Hk27k6hfxRA

Edited by Wispy, 08 December 2016 - 04:46 PM.

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,862 posts

Here's another playthrough without commentary.

https://youtu.be/-OvfwYUA9os

And here's a version with commentary from polycoubt and our creatove director.

https://youtu.be/Hk27k6hfxRA

If I may, perhaps a suggestion to turn off those wire frames, or whatever we are calling that glow on the units.

Otherwise, I really like what I'm seeing, and cannot wait.

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,967 posts

Looking GOOD though.

Yes to all. The problem is orcs is bad for the main enemy. And for whom to chears if I played both eldar and SM? We need CHAOS  in campaign sad.png

this is a 40k story. everyone is an enemy. there are no good guys, no 'good sides.' there are protagonists - gorgutz, macha, and gabriel - with different, conflicting goals.

it's a different approach than what we did in the past.

Edited by Wispy, 08 December 2016 - 06:54 PM.

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,967 posts

Don't suppose you guys have seen our collection of 3D Sketch fabs of some of our characters?

Librarian Jonah Orion

Solaria

Wraithknight

Wraithlord

Jain Zar *new*

Guiltysparc

Guiltysparc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,242 posts

looks pretty awesome!

gallery_92768_11583_3171.png                         gallery_92768_11583_2220.jpg

My Legio XII Project Log

Arkangilos

Arkangilos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,741 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sanguinary Crusaders
Eh, my opinion remains unchanged.

Previously known as Telanicus

IA Sanguinary Crusaders The Crusaders of Blood (Revised, still under some work) And WiP Page
IT Warriors of Cain Unholy Chosen The Chosen of the Unholy Imperium of Cane.

gallery_29004_10383_20021.jpg

HeritorA

HeritorA

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,518 posts
  • Chapter Name: Hydra

Looking GOOD though.

this is a 40k story. everyone is an enemy. there are no good guys, no 'good sides.' there are protagonists - gorgutz, macha, and gabriel - with different, conflicting goals.

it's a different approach than what we did in the past.

I agree - devs should try to cover a bigger range of audience. But Chaos is what makes it scary, grimdark and tick. Orcs are too pathetic, especially after a year of 'The Beast Arises' - orcs again? Mehhhhh

Stormxlr

Stormxlr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 251 posts

The combat looks so flat and boring... remove the 40k license and the game becomes really generic and lackluster :(

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,967 posts

Okay... I feel like that's a disengenious thing to say with the videos right there. i don't feel like i'm talking out of my ass when i say the combat has a lot going on with a lot of depth of choice to make.

Edited by Wispy, 10 December 2016 - 06:11 PM.

• Emicus and Halandaar like this

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,376 posts

Okay... I feel like that's a disengenious thing to say with the videos right there. i don't feel like i'm talking out of my ass when i say the combat has a lot going on with a lot of depth of choice to make.

I wouldn't bother Wispy.

People seem to have a stigma on the game because of the artstyle. 

• MaulerUK and Kastor Krieg like this

gallery_62972_10568_73818.jpggallery_48988_6285_4379.pngCE%20Sep_zps3s8x9ggk.jpg

In Their Fists They Carry Death - The Legiones Custodes

++WIP Thread++

++Index Astartes Sanguine Visions++

++Heresy WIP Thread: Talons++

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,862 posts

Honestly I dont see whats to complain about with the art, the only thing I dont like is the outline put on the models.

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,376 posts
Like holy crap.

That was an amazing 45mins!

All the models are beautiful and the effects are just superb. So excited for this game it's unreal!

gallery_62972_10568_73818.jpggallery_48988_6285_4379.pngCE%20Sep_zps3s8x9ggk.jpg

In Their Fists They Carry Death - The Legiones Custodes

++WIP Thread++

++Index Astartes Sanguine Visions++

++Heresy WIP Thread: Talons++

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,967 posts

Honestly I dont see whats to complain about with the art, the only thing I dont like is the outline put on the models.

its a bit of a narrative as this point, what with the year old screenshots and first impressions. now that other maps are being shown with final lighting I think people will be happy. smile.png

Edited by Wispy, 10 December 2016 - 08:20 PM.

Stofficus

Stofficus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 333 posts

I think part of the issue is the first reveal, the map was particularly bland to look at - which makes sense for some kind of frozen tundra. 

The more recent vid has a lot more going in terms of aesthetics, while the first felt quite hollow. 

I'm feeling more confident now than I was - now all I need to do is find some way to infiltrate Relic's office - as they're literally a few blocks from where I work right now. 

Therefore, I conclude, Valve should announce Half Life 2: Episode 3.

gallery_48988_10980_12646.png

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,862 posts

well, that's because they're fixating on year old screenshots. now that other maps are being shown with final lighting I think people will be happy. smile.png

Yeah I think that may be it, to me it looks quite good so far. Please though, do mention to the team about a 'turn off neon frame' option. :]

I've been wanting a good modern 40K game on PC for a long time, is there a rough ETA on this? Like Q2 2017?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users