Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dawn of War III

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
508 replies to this topic

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,932 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sanguine Eagles, Death Guard

ONE MORE DAY!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! So Hyped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crap tomorrow is my raid night in World of Warcraft....might have to come up with an excuse to miss it msn-wink.gif

Yeah, commitments are lame when new games come out. So I strategically booked Friday off work to enjoy some uninterrupted DoW time thumbsup.gif

gallery_84244_13371_906.png gallery_84244_13422_1322.png

ronin_cse

ronin_cse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,395 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ultramarines

ONE MORE DAY!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! So Hyped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crap tomorrow is my raid night in World of Warcraft....might have to come up with an excuse to miss it msn-wink.gif

Yeah, commitments are lame when new games come out. So I strategically booked Friday off work to enjoy some uninterrupted DoW time thumbsup.gif

Thankfully my wife is out of town this week so at least I dodged that bullet msn-wink.gif

Also you can't get much more "1st world problem" than: I don't have enough time to play my new video game because I have to play my other video game

Edited by ronin_cse, 26 April 2017 - 01:43 PM.

• Dolchiate Remembrancer and Halandaar like this

Covenant_of_Caliban_2_Banner.jpgT0x4MJd.pnggallery_84846_13531_32020.png

Knight of the Raven

Knight of the Raven

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,467 posts

I'd say claiming your favorite space marine faction doesn't get enough attention/gets bad attention certainly qualifies, but space marines fan problems are in their own league, several magnitudes above first world problems.

I might look at a let's play of the final mission if it turns out necrons are the end boss... especially if the let's play is with the Blood Ravens and the necrons wipe them all out.

I might get distracted by Murder Murder Kiss Kiss if the Eldar are played in this last mission though.

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,052 posts

Bit of a tell-all on everything that happened with DoW development post-Retribution, with THQ's demise and how that factored.

spoiler: there was two dawn of war 3's before this dawn of war 3. they show footage from one of them.

it's a bit raw for me because what happened with THQ's bankruptcy set my career back in a bad way. Sega was a lifesaver.

Edited by Wispy, 27 April 2017 - 03:11 AM.

• mel_danes, HeritorA, Charlo and 1 other like this

mel_danes

mel_danes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3 posts
I remember when it came across the internet. My first two thoughts were, please someone save Relic, and Vigil.
Love the work your team has done bringing the wh40k world to new audiences, and just making great games for us to play.
I remember how lucky I felt when we modded Dow, Daemonhunters and Steel Legion, to contribute to this unique and great game. We got to play against the Dev team, Buggo was on, it was great.
Please keep making cool stuff Wispy, and please tell me mod tools are coming?

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,052 posts

Buggo! that takes me back. used to work with her on relic's online team when I was starting out.

Edited by Wispy, 27 April 2017 - 04:34 AM.

Arkangilos

Arkangilos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,366 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sanguinary Crusaders
Eh, I feel like they missed the mark with addressing the complaints, considering that even the people who played the game tended to have the exact same feedback after they played it.

But more power to those that want to play it! As I've said from the beginning, the story should still be good.
  • Legionaire of the VIIth likes this

Previously known as Telanicus

Sanguinary Crusader Page (Lore, Models, Etc)
IT Warriors of Cain Unholy Chosen

The Four Star Pact (Chaos Alliance Lore, Model, Etc)

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,629 posts

Eh, I feel like they missed the mark with addressing the complaints, considering that even the people who played the game tended to have the exact same feedback after they played it.

But more power to those that want to play it! As I've said from the beginning, the story should still be good.

A lot of complaint's I've seen though (and the community had), as is the way with game development, was about what people wish the game was and not what the game the developers set out to make.

In Their Fists They Carry Death - The Legiones Custodes

++Heresy WIP Thread: Talons++

++WIP Thread++

++Index Astartes Sanguine Visions++

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,001 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Ravens
All right everyone, since this is now officially released, it's time to take the discussion to the Other Games forum.

Wispy, thanks for being willing to engage with us!

Edited to add: a new thread can be found here.

Edited by Brother Casman, 27 April 2017 - 02:20 PM.

• Charlo likes this
Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Everything is complete! | 2015 Thread of Things! - Some infantry arrive.

"Sometimes the Imperium needs heroes, sometimes saints and other times it needs monsters, for the dark void of the stars is cold and has bred nightmare and treachery most could never dream of. So when some call him tyrant, world-burner, apostate and butcher, remember this: He commanded armies on a hundred worlds and spanned cursed stars where saints would fear to tread, and in doing so held back the night. Monster he may have been, but he was ours and I for one thank the God-Emperor for him." - Inquistor Marr, Speaking of Lord-Errant Cromhal, Supreme Commander of the Aegisine Crusade, M.39

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users