Flesh Tearers WIP Army

wiqid

The weathering looks great, I'd vote on keeping it up. And if you're worried about the powders hiding the details too much, then go ahead and put the sealer on them and they get dulled down again.

I guess I will be a little more measured with the battle damage this time round. Will also have to get that pigment fixer and see how that works out. Thanks for the tip mate.

DC look brutal with the NL heads and are those Ashen Circle chain axes?

That was the intended effect. Wanted them to look extra menacing since they are Flesh Tearers and Death Company. Should be brutal beyond reproach! and yea, those are Ashen Circle axes. Thought they would add more variation to their chained weapon repertoire. 

Now I just need to decide on whether to do another squad of terminators, sanguinary guard or a single character. Such indecision. 

Just wanted to get some opinions on a few minor conversions I have in mind.

What do you think of these "chainfists" that I would plan to run as counts as Lightning Claws, but with a Flesh Tearers feel. Still trying to figure out if they fit well. I'm still not 100% about the square-ish shape of the arms compared to the curved geometry of the terminator armor. Might consider reshaping/ filing edges down.

What do you guys think?

gallery_95220_12661_60459.jpg

My idea of a slightly converted Sanguinary priest. I think the wingspan isn't too big and it seems to fit well with the mkiv jump pack. C&C welcome

gallery_95220_12661_226816.jpg

And last but not least, thought I would share an image of my newly built "office". Finally got some better storage shelves n racks and a bit more organised. Just need to get my Daylight Company tripple bright light. :cuss doesn't come cheap tho!

gallery_95220_12661_320744.jpg

Well anyway thanks for looking and have a good weekend folks. Time to going back to figure out what to paint before my son wakes up.

This is a great army log. Your Flesh Tearers are coming along very, very nicely. Your speed is impressive! Five months for 50 marines or so is no small feat. 

I love how you've included elements of the FW Night Lords range, alluding to the heritage of the Flesh Tearers, which is whispered in the dark corners of the Imperium.

This is a great army log. Your Flesh Tearers are coming along very, very nicely. Your speed is impressive! Five months for 50 marines or so is no small feat. 

I love how you've included elements of the FW Night Lords range, alluding to the heritage of the Flesh Tearers, which is whispered in the dark corners of the Imperium.

I'm glad you like what you see. It's my first attempt at trying to document my efforts. After getting back into the hobby n buying a snowball of minis, I thought this might be the best course of action to commit my efforts. Done around 80 now, but seeing the army take shape motivates me. 

Glad you like to Night Lord additions. Flesh Tearers are renowned for their savagery, so I felt it was in character!

Simply awesome painting and modelling in general. 

Also, someone is envious of your working station :biggrin.:

Haha my son gets envious of the work station too. God help me when he learns to climb better. Thanks for the words of support :)

Think I might work on Sanguinary Priest next. Change of pace compared to painting up squads. Stay tuned :)

Your Flesh Tearers look fantastic mate! Rich colours but not overdone and beautiful weathering make for some very visually appealing models.

Your Flesh Tearers look fantastic mate! Rich colours but not overdone and beautiful weathering make for some very visually appealing models.

Thanks mate. I still get a bit hesitant when it comes to weathering. Not quite experienced with the technique and always think twice about how I might otherwise ruin my paint job. Will have to practice it more for the next 30k project which will require a more grim dark feel.

I didn't get round to painting anything else just yet. Instead I have been busy trying to tinker around with character conversions.

Completed one of my planned two Sanguinary Priests. Most of the pieces are held with bluetac. I went for this rebreather head, since I didn't feel the original sang priest head was menacing enough. Am planning to attempt at making a bloodied puddle and blood drops from the chalice with water effect medium. "Let the dripping blood feed our rage!"

gallery_95220_12661_30280.jpg

And of course, no Flesh Tearers chapter would be complete without the legend that is Nassir Amit . He is almost done, I am just waiting on ammo chain bits I ordered to try and fit to his mounted stormbolters. I tried to interpret how his chainfist stormbolters would look going by the only image found on this novela Decided to go with this variant rather than the other option of scratch building the mounted bolters. I tried to portray his brutal characters as best I can with the bitz I had laying about. Just need to add some scratches,holes and battle damage to his armor and a few other tweeks.

"Nassir Amit was notorious among the Blood Angels for both his savage and brutally honest nature. The Primarch Sanguinius valued his honest nature, as Amit would always speak the truth, even when others would be stopped by decorum.[1a] His savage aspect in battle was also known, to the point that he was dubbed "the Flesh Tearer" by his battle-brothers. Far from denying the epithet, he embraced it,[1b] arming himself and his brothers in the Fifth Company with custom serrated flaying knives.[1c] Amit did what he believed to be right, even if went against Legion law, having little fear of the Warden"

gallery_95220_12661_5347.jpg

Had a tonne of fun converting these guys. What do you guys think, C&C welcome as always.

Just wanted to get some opinions on a few minor conversions I have in mind. 

What do you think of these "chainfists" that I would plan to run as counts as Lightning Claws, but with a Flesh Tearers feel. Still trying to figure out if they fit well. I'm still not 100% about the square-ish shape of the arms compared to the curved geometry of the terminator armor. Might consider reshaping/ filing edges down.  

Haha, yeah those are really cool! :) Very Flesh Tearers! Although I'd be more inclined to run them as chain fists rather than lightning claws, to avoid confusion.

• 2 months later...

Hey all.

Sorry for the lack of updates as I haven't had much time to paint any new additions. Have been busy with the birth of my baby daughter, so everything fell to the wayside as expected. My little sister of battle has arrived!

I finally had some time lately to work on my army. Haven't managed to paint as I got carried away with toying with conversion ideas. Got some inspiration of how to convert my land raider from a similar idea I found here, tho I can't find the link to attribute credit. Tweaked it a little and would like to know what you guys think. Just need to add some battle damage n think I am about done with the LR.

gallery_95220_12661_63143.jpg

gallery_95220_12661_506687.jpg

I like the Land Raider Achilles with the giant buzzsaw blades- so Flesh Tearers-y. Where did you get them? Will you add them to other vehicles?

Glad you guys like them. As terminatorAM pointed out, I scratch built the buzz blades with plastic card and the hydro arms with plastic tube and bits I had lying around. 

I don't have much vehicles aside from 2 preds, stormraven and drop pods. If I incorporate similar conversions, will have to be on a scratch built/ kit bashed dozer blade for the preds. Don't think stormraven having em would make sense. Maybe for decorative purposes on the fins of the pods. Not sure.

Thanks for the feedback and encouraging words!

Will be working on some character conversions next. 

Hey folks.

Just finished up some conversion work on various characters for my Flesh Tearers army. Most are pretty much done, aside from some additional work on Mephiston and building up a sanguinary priest (previous priest conversion will double as Corbulo). I also managed to finish up some assault terminators (with counts as lightning claws flesh tearers style). Got some 3d printed shoulder pads for em, though I need to convert the left shoulder pad of the captain still to match the squad.

Well without further due, here are the lads. Just need to magnetize some bits n bobs and will commence the arduous task of painting all this army n hopefully doing them some justice.

Comments and feedback are welcome and appreciated as always!

Assault Terminator Squad

gallery_95220_12661_213973.jpg

Counts as Lemartes/ Death Company Chaplain

gallery_95220_12661_410465.jpg

Flesh Tearers Librarian Nuriel

gallery_95220_12661_137037.jpg

Sanguinor, Exemplar of the Host

gallery_95220_12661_77953.jpg

Commander Dante

gallery_95220_12661_11833.jpg

Lord Mephiston

gallery_95220_12661_97908.jpg

Thanks for all the feedback folks. I'm glad you guys are liking what I have finished thus far. Just a few more conversions and I can get to the daunting task of painting the rest of this army up. Hopefully I can finish the army by the end of the year while doing them justice!

@Pyroclast91 & LamenterMarine 

The buzzsaw fists are from puppetswar. I wasn't too happy with the original look of them as they had square geometry n hard edges. So I filed down most of the surfaces to fit with the rest of the contoured curvature of the armor.

@Bjorn

Oh yea. I forgot to add his JP lol. He basically has a winged pre heresey JP (mark 2 i think), exactly the same design as my sang priest/ Corbulo pictured in a previous post. Death from the skies is essential :)

@Vairocanum

Mephiston is the one conversion I really am putting a lot of work into. First time really sculpting. So there is a lot of trial and error and trepidation with what I am doing. The robe n cape are the trickiest parts with this in mind.

Thanks again for the CC folks. Hope to have a completed Mephiston done later this week. Hopefully it does this infamous legend some justice. 

Quick update.

Finally got round to finishing off my Mephiston conversion. Took a bit longer than expected after a number of failed attempts at making robes. Shaping folds proved trickier than expected and had to scrap a few attempts. Ended up with a simpler look for the robes n cloak. Will have to work on learning how to do more elaborate shapes and folds on the next conversion.

Think I am more or less done with this army. Unless I decide to convert some bikes and add them to the army. Time to deliberate.

Thanks for looking guys. CnC appreciated.

gallery_95220_12661_193042.jpg

• 2 months later...

Oh man, I totally missed Mephiston back in July. He looks awesome completed, the GS work looks great! And the terminator squad is looking so cool with the custom chainfists, very fitting for the flesh tearers! Looking forward to seeing more!

Archived