Flesh Tearers WIP Army

wiqid

@Augustus

Thanks mate. I kinda prefer the tail wing that way around to. Probably fitted it on thinking that is how it was supposed to look.

Might take a break from the Stormraven and do some weathering on the Pred. Muddying tracks is always fun. Having kids makes you appreciate mud and fun again :P

Well here are some pictures of the progress made thus far. All the edge highlighting done. Now just to finish up some detailing, glow effects and highlights around battle damage n what not. Then the more laborious part of doing the crew n cockpits and trying to simulate tinted glass with clear paints. Fun stuff provided I don't mess up :sweat:

As always thanks for looking!

gallery_95220_12661_6025.jpg

gallery_95220_12661_201791.jpg

Quick and update on the progress on Stormraven. Near completion now, aside from a little more weathering and then just finishing up the base. Satisfied with how the flyer has turned out and the learning process is always enjoyable. Although as an aside, I have found that my cheap taiwan airbrush seems to give me more control than my HnS infinity. Maybe I need to tweak the HnS to give it better trigger control.

So here are some of the latest shots. I also found a handy trick to make detachable flyers, using sprues to create a slot for the stand. Below is the link to the video and credit to the guy who came up with this nifty and easy trick

As always, thanks for looking and I'm always looking to improve so any feedback and advise is more than welcome!

gallery_95220_12661_277688.jpg

gallery_95220_12661_248341.jpg

gallery_95220_12661_354633.jpg

gallery_95220_12661_386431.jpg

gallery_95220_12661_290586.jpg

@Bjorn

Glad you like the plasma effects n such. I almost ruined it too. Was too used to pressure and flow control on the cheap AB that it threw me when i switched back to the HnS. Will have to practice using that AB again and improve my glowing effect.

Well here is the finished article, alongside a nice group photo of the sons of cretacia. Will have to get a better shot of the army soon enough.

I will have to have a maiden battle with them soon enough, since I have a nice fully painted army now. No more excuses as to why I don't just take the plunge and learn to play the game!

This mini blog was great motivation to get me to finish this army. Thanks again for looking and all the encouraging words and support along the way!

gallery_95220_12661_99439.jpg

gallery_95220_12661_232519.jpg

gallery_95220_12661_119571.jpg

gallery_95220_12661_181426.jpg

THat stormraven turned out flipping beautiful, mate. Well done indeed! I really like the colour palette you have chosen - nice contrasting colours that complement each other very well - and the balance between light and gloomy colours also adds to the fantastic overall look of the miniature. Impressive!

Cool looking army, too!

I might steal your Flight stem idea too - that's pretty smart. :)

@ihg033

Thanks mate and I'm glad the stem idea that I stole is coming in handy for others. Makes good use of left over sprues.   :yes:

As for the boxes, I found them at a Japanese home store called Daiso, that I'm guessing you might have trouble finding. I hail from Malaysia, a little further afield. I did come across something similar (search for perspex hobby display boxes) on Ebay but they were pretty expensive compared to Daiso. Daiso are global with shops in North America so maybe you could check there if you have one nearby. 

@Augustus

Glad you found the flight stem of use too. And thanks for the kind words. I always loved the Flesh Tearers because they were a grim and darker looking colour scheme compared to the typically bright hues of blood angels. 

That is one army down. Now to figure out where to start next out of the other 4-5 army projects I have amassed :wacko.:

Rather than take a break after finishing up my Flesh Tearers army, I thought I would stoke another project while the fire is still hot! May as well make the most of the momentum and keep the learning process going.

I am going to be working on my next space marine chapter; The Salamanders. From tearing the world to shreds, to settling it ablaze with the fire of promethium!

I am thinking of starting a new thread for this project when it gets underway, so stay tuned :cool.:

It's time to get all the old ideas I had for this army out n start kitbashing and converting!

gallery_95220_12661_47422.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived