Iron Within, Iron Without, Iron Shake it all About

Xanthier

As always I appreciate the comments guys!

Spent the day getting 7 of 10 Plaguebearers painted, an auspicious number!

XtLZzcj.jpg

I figured I'd paint them the same way I did the Blight Hauler flesh, with a last quick highlight on the skin to brighten it up a bit more.

• 3 months later...

It's been a long time! Been off painting some Age of Sigmar and then taking a break, but recently the drive to revisit my Iron Warriors has come back.

I quite like the Gravis armour and how it looks when used to make a 'normal' marine as per one of my previous characters, so I thought about making a new smaller force of Primaris Iron Warriors using the easy to build Aggressors as a base. The plan is to have a Captain, Lieutenant or two and Helblasters backed up with a newly bought Repulsor (minus turret so it looks closer to a grav Rhino) as well as my Sicaran, various dreads and so on. I also have the parts to make a Scorpius, so that seems like a good fit too.

It's probably not going to really be used much as an army since I rarely game these days, but hopefully they'll look nice. I've made a start on the Helblasters with 3 painted and another built, though I'm waiting on some bits orders for the missing shoulder pad as well as some arms from the multipart Helblaster kit to help vary up the poses.

h4fpkl7.jpg

Cheers guys! For the Primaris I'm shaving off the chest aquila yeah.

Spent the last few days getting another Lord done using the Gravis armour and making/finishing 9 of 10 Noise Marines all based on the Primaris DI bodies.

Hmx3itf.jpg

CWecseo.jpg

dpRDQop.jpg

XHV0Mgv.jpg

McsBdIR.jpg

Esg3nIg.jpg

I feel like I'm getting faster as painting the power weapons now, the sword thankfully only took around 10 minutes this time, using a bunch more glazes to help the colour transitions.

Just 1 Noise Marine left to make, then I'll start on some Plaguebearers I now have for a slight change of pace.

By all that is unholy and dark. :censored: yes. I was like, "I'm just gonna click this and look at some cool Iron Warriors in their ugly colors." And then BAM! Eyeballs blown clean out of my skull. I have had to contract menials and a fleshsmith to replace my fleshorbs with new augments, so thanks for that.

ui0Q35ym.jpg?1

Archived