WarriorFish's Slaaneshi Daemons

WarriorFish

There are some points I wonder what I got myself into, but in for a penny in for a pound - it's the Slaanesh way :tongue.:

With lower temperatures I went for it and primed:

gallery_30308_10249_14683.jpg

Think it came out alright, I think I'll get to work with the paint first opportunity - certainly waited long enough..!

Thanks, I've been working on the KoS since but unfortunately suffered some setbacks. I lost most of yesterday being unwell (that'll teach me to set aside most of the day for hobby...) and some of the flesh wash decided to be go a bit off and streaky on the torso :sad.: I'm going to have to do a bit of repainting but I want to make sure I don't get other problems doing this, I'm seeing what I can do.

After a little bit of research I managed to clean most of the wash off using a lens solution (not just good for cleaning glasses), allowed me to get a much improved second attempt in:

gallery_30308_10249_82625.jpg

gallery_30308_10249_82840.jpg

The main body will be almost there once the purple is done :smile.: I'm thinking of the outer robes, should I be thinking of doing them a different colour to the red? White would be too much, but maybe so would the melon/white split?

I'm making good progress and stealing time where I can, the main body is close to completion :smile.:

gallery_30308_10249_12955.jpg

I'm thinking that the outer robes should stay red, but perhaps a different inside colour? I'm not sure what colour could work here so maybe best not to :confused: I get the feeling I'll be leaving the outer robe until last. Plan is to continue finding time in the evenings, if I can get the base texture on before the weekend I might even be able to finish this week :biggrin.:

I agree that the outside of the robes should stay red.  I think white would likely be a good colour for the inside of the robes - used that way, it helps your other colours stand out rather than the white being the outstanding colour.

Here's an example:

8pSc1u0.jpg

BTW, your colours on her look great.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

White or cream always works for the inside of robes. However if you are talking about the second layer of robes that's connected to the arms instead of simply the outside of the robes, how about having those painted gold? Definitely fits Slaanesh and so far your Keeper is lacking the bling. :P 

Yes, don't change the outer robes! It looks great :tu: I do love my red robes and cloaks and to give a bit of variation I like to make the inside of the robe/cloak a darker red. It does make a difference but of course it's not a contrast like another colour would be.

Rumi and Panzer have good ideas but perhaps you might want to get further along with the rest of the model before making a decision? Might be easier to tell if it would work or not.

Thanks guys :smile.: There will be some bling when I get round to it - soon as there's not much else left on the main body :D I do have white already as a colour used on my Daemon's cloth, and as it is connected to bits and fairly close to the inner robe in places it shouldn't be as "much" as I was initially thinking. I will leave the robe until last as it will need to be for gluing purposes anyway to decide, but I'm feeling that white might be the one :tu:

Speaking of extras and bling this is something that I was wondering about. One of the reasons the KoS is going fairly quickly is that it doesn't have a great deal of it. Once I paint the various gold bits and gems it'll be ok especially with regards to the loincloth and strap bits beside it but even so it still feels a bit unflashy by comparison? For example the Fiends have a lot of soulstones (30 on the Blissbringer!) so the KoS might feel a bit plain.

I'll see how it looks when done of course, but I was thinking about maybe doing the circle bits in the claw "armour" as gems? I was thinking about some transfers but they feel like more of a Marine thing than Daemon. Any ideas welcome, it seems there are few painted Keepers around to see what people have done :confused:

You're too kind, but thank you - I did think that all this effort did make for a good Exalted but let's be honest I think every Greater Daemon a Daemons player puts down will be Exalted now... need all the help we can get :tongue.:

I got the base coats and texture paint done on the base last night so I'm feeling confident that I have set myself up for completion this weekend all going well :smile.:

I did have a thought last night and feel free to say it's terrible because it might be, but what about inverting the outer robe colours for red inside and white outside? I'd need to be very careful on the white, but if it's not too "in your face" it would look good?

I think the purple would work, but I'm not sure if it might be too much as the purple/melon/red is well established so something to break that up is probably best. White would do this so it's still my plan if nothing else convinces :thumbsup:

Finding time in the evenings to paint is a great way to keep progressing, but by the end of it not great for taking pictures...

gallery_30308_10249_30579.jpg

Should be enough to show the progress :smile.: I think this confirms that white should be the inner colour for the robe, as along with the purple in the hair (slightly bleached out by bad photography) it would probably have made the purple a bit overpowering. I might think about a transfer or two as well, as white would make a good layer for some?

I did start thinking I should paint them all gold half way through the necklace bits and straps, but once again I was glad I stuck to my established colours and scheme as it looks nice. Plus I'll be glad I did when I get round to the gold which is up next :tongue.: I think once the gold and gems are done that should round the colours off :smile.:

Once this is done (this weekend) my plan is to clear my hobby decks of my remaining active project in the Rubrics then focus on single projects until I know what 9th is doing - might give me some inspiration or an excuse to bring something up the queue :biggrin.:

White was the right choice I feel, especially now I can see it all come together with a completed model :biggrin.:

gallery_30308_10249_16663.jpg

gallery_30308_10249_26942.jpg

gallery_30308_10249_4230.jpg

gallery_30308_10249_12767.jpg

gallery_30308_10249_28168.jpg

Last but not least, a bonus scale shot:

gallery_30308_10249_821.jpg

It's great to finally finish the model it has been a long road with a few blockades along the way! The outer robe was the last thing aside from the head (which is simple and not a concern!) to glue and I was worried it might not all match up nicely but it went on smoothly in the right places with very little effort so it really did all come together in the end :smile.:

I was wondering if I had gone mad with the sculpting and then the various colours - the outer robe took some time, and I had to fix the wash going a bit shiny - but I'm really pleased with how it has turned out :biggrin.: I think it matches the Diaznette feel better than I thought it would, so you can be sure she'll be leading the Dark Prince's host in every battle (points accommodating) :thumbsup:

Painting up some Daemonettes will feel like a breeze after this, I'm thinking that they will return to my painting queue soon to help me get my Daemons on the table. While we still need to know a lot about 9th, it's hard to imagine it being a worse state of affairs for Daemons :sweat:

Thanks chaps, I'm sticking to the plan of improving my hobby for my Chaos and it is working bit by bit :smile.: The flesh is Rakarth Flesh with a Reikland Fleshshade wash. It's down to the coverage as to what sort of tone you get, this is a lighter/careful wash which helps more of the Rakarth come through. You can do quite a bit with washes by varying the application, the trick is knowing (or experimenting to find) what gives what - and being able to replicate it.

The last bit is the hard part, but practice makes perfect and it's one of the reason I keep notes on painting methods for all my armies :tongue.:

As this is the only model added since the last one it'd be nice to add another squad or two before updating the army shot. I've thought a bit more and I think the left arm could have got away with being magnetised after all, but I expect I'd likely take the hand in most cases anyway.

For future Daemon projects some more Daemonettes need to be first, then I'm thinking a squad of Seekers. Next big/treat project will be getting a Soul Grinder as I'll need at least one to help the KoS out. They'll add a bit of shooting too which is good but the main thing is they're just as big a threat in combat as the Keeper, plus I like the model so it'll be nice to finally get one :)

Just such a great miniature! Amazing! Love it! Can't wait to face off against this with my Black Legion bud!

Soul Grinder sounds like a good idea, add some cheeky firepower!

BCC

Edited by battle captain corpus

I think your going with the white inside to the outer "skirt" was a really good choice - it really makes the model pop, and I think it likely looks far better than it would have had you done the inner skirt instead.

Beautifully painted - I don't know if my own model will be able to meet my now boosted expectations... :sweat:

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui