WarriorFish's Slaaneshi Daemons

WarriorFish

That is a tough call.  I know for mine.  I decided on the various shades of purple, and then more purple.  Even using the purple wash to get the metallic purple.  It turned out really beautiful. 

When GW did the made to order.  It was literally one of the worst times for me.  I was hitting rock bottom.  I seized the engine on my little scooter, lost my employment at the temp agency and was facing an eviction.  All during the time they had them made to order.  Which the scooter would had been fine if the temp agency had given me actual work.

Then I do have a ebay search set up for them.  I can never really find a special that I think is costed appropriate when I have the extra funds.  I would like to add at least 10 to the lot I have all ready for sure.  

I am so looking forward to those new fiends.  I also have started to cut up my friends old imperial guard.  They are getting prepared to be desert wrappings and even have some beastmen along with it.  

Its wonderful to see what others are doing when I am on break at work.  =)

Edited by Sume

Daemonette and Steed in the same colour should be fine if you paint the scales in a different shade to give abit of contrast. They also have saddles which as well separates the bodies of rider and steed. Also Daemonettes are wearing cloths which should look different than any of the skin tones anyway.

The Made to Order was great, just wish they gave a bit more notice on them. I recommend building a war chest up, that way you can keep checking in and when the time comes made some bids. Worked well for me as you can get larger lots which are often better value for money, but you need the funds in the first place. Especially as the timing an auction appears is what you have no control over at all, so best to do what you can on the rest :tu:

I'm a little way from doing any steeds and the like yet, I would like to keep them the same if possible so I'll see what happens. Maybe fully paint a rider up for a better feel before getting started :)

I'm pleased to report I have a squad primed and ready for paint:

gallery_30308_10249_45088.jpg

I'm keen to get started, as getting these done will make a big dent in the required models to get an allied force of Daemons in :biggrin.: Maybe I might even be able to order new Slaanesh models without feeling like I should paint more first :laugh.:

With the four I have already (albeit two needing a few details finished) that will leave six for two minimum sized squads. Of those I can see what I can do about some Alluress and musician models :smile.:

At the latest I'll be starting mid-December :) Might be slower as I need to figure out Alluress and musician models but I'll need more rank and file so can always do more of them if that holds me up too much. Ideally I'll have a good number ready for the upcoming Slaanesh release so I can jump straight in to them, but we'll see!

• 3 weeks later...

My Daemons got their first battle in today, albeit as a summoned unit only. Main details are in the batrep so I won't dwell on them here, but it was yeoman's work. Wasn't really the best situation or opponent for them but it was good to see them get the killing blow in on a tyrant; a single wound made it through but that was all it had left :wink: With the CA2018 drop to 6pts I think Daemonettes will be better off now, and come a bit less unstuck against bad match ups. Or rather not quite be such an investment :tongue.:

Fiends are looking rather useful I'm already looking forward to getting some, they might be an early addition to the army. Part out of the model, but also because I feel they'll be a good anchor unit.

I love fiends. The model is kind of a pain to assemble and green stuff the segments but it's pretty cool otherwise. I ran 6 in 5th with a soulgrinder and daemonette blobs, and then some Tzeentch stuff. It was pretty killy.

I've been trying to get a feel for the usefulness of seekers in this edition. Any thoughts on those in your list?

Nice work:)

I've got a fair few Seekers to paint up, they're very nippy but a bit fragile (what isn't though?) so I think the plan is straight forward: get up into combat as soon as you can! Ideally that'd be against something your opponent doesn't want, but easier said than done of course. If you could get a Locus in for their charge I think you could do a lot of mischief, perhaps going from one side of your army to the other to act as the cavalry?

• 3 months later...

Hello!

AdepticonReveals-Mar27-KoS7jhjgfdbwkdfkf

I was thinking I needed to do more on my daemons... I've got a few ideas for minor changes (chin spikes going), but this is a great model to lead me forces! :D Not that keen on the other bits yet I'll need to see more, but the KoS something I can definitely add to my forces :)

Yeah, my painting queue is screaming at me - I have a bunch of kill team terrain I bought last year & a knight that the weather has finally warmed up enough for me to prime, I just bought the chaos side of Spearhead and the Slaaneshi side of Wrath and Rapture (+ 3 extra Fiends), I've built a squad of cultists, a squad of seekers, 2 slaaneshi chariots and 2 slaaneshi daemon heroes... and GW comes along and releases a whole new model line that I must have...

I have a really strong feeling I'll be doing slaaneshi daemons for ETL this year. :)

I'm SO tempted to skip the Primaris in my painting queue and paint the new KoS once it's out. And since I'm a faithful follower of Slaanesh that's probably what I will do too. :D

If you want a demon prince(ss) check out IDIC BEER's conversion on YouTube. https://youtu.be/Uvtb96KzCZ0. He has several videos on making it too 

The idea is good but there's LOTS of room for improvement in the execution part imo.

• 1 month later...

Now the Fiends are out, I have a box! I also managed to find a few others. Faithful to excess I suppose..? :laugh.:

gallery_30308_10249_50560.jpg

I'm keen to get started on the KoS, as I have a few ideas I'll see about adjusting it with - however it should wait to be a reward for getting some more Daemons done first. Plus it's rather squishy so will probably get blasted off the board quickly so might not be the best use of points... I'll aim to get some more Daemonettes done so I have the excuse to jump on to the Fiends as I've been waiting for them :biggrin.:

I didn't get the mirror as I'm not sure if I like it yet, and both the Enrapturess and Masque willl also be in the "how can I adjust" queue. This might be the motivation I need to complete current projects for clear decks and fresh kits - the eternal question is finding the time currently!

For the moment: not much :tongue.: I did do a little bit of hobby yesterday after some time so that's a start, I think I'll feel much better when I complete my current projects as some have been sitting around far too long.

Most of my attempts at alteration will be to try and make the models match my existing metal army more so it may be that I spend the time to discover that there's not much I can do. However I'm trying to take some hobby leaps with my Chaos armies so we'll see... though not anything that risks the model too much :laugh.:

• 5 months later...

Back again! For those who don't follow my other WIPs (and as alluded to above) I'm on a grand crusade to finish my many outstanding projects, and the good news is that there's only a few of them left :biggrin.: It should work out conveniently that my hobby queue is finally clear in or around the lead up to some holiday at the end of the year. This means I can be free - decks and mind - to focus on something for once rather than chase my hobby butterfly...

Daemons have been one of the armies on my mind for a while now, and after seeing the KoS in the flesh for the first time at WHW the other week they're the front runners for the prize. With this fresh hobby decks start I will try and have a better approach too, not just in keeping the current queue smaller but in doing things right. So that means getting the bread and butter done, then I can treat myself with the long awaited Fiends and Keeper :thumbsup:

So before I assembly line a load of Daemonettes over Christmas I wanted to check in, see how Slaanesh Daemons are rolling at the moment? I know that things are not great for combat armies right now, and have heard that the KoS is a bit squishy so I'm not expecting anything amazing - just want to know how things are going and what I should be thinking about :smile.: