WarriorFish's Slaaneshi Daemons

WarriorFish

I didn't get as much time as I had hoped, but given the goal was to assemble them I'm happy I got that far! It helped to have clear decks ready for only what I'm working on, makes things quicker and easier - a lesson to remember in the future :wink:

gallery_30308_10249_6121.jpg

I also tried out milliput for the first time to fill the gaps in the bases:

gallery_30308_10249_45732.jpg

It wasn't great, was a bit sticky. I think that was part my hands and needing to find somewhere cooler to store it, but it's not a big deal as it's only filling base gaps. I'll smooth them over ready for priming in the week :smile.:

For reference in case anyone is interested this is how I did the musician swap:

gallery_30308_10249_6309.jpg

Nothing amazing, once you chop down the hand to leave just the instrument it's a pretty simple swap :smile.: I also figured out that she doesn't need to be holding it the same was as the other, so adds a bit more variety. This is it for the musician bits for now, so I'll need to source some more for future squads.

No rush there yet, I'm going to be good and focus only on these Daemonettes. I'm aiming to get their base colours done in the week for details on the weekend - then I'll reward myself with the KoS :biggrin.:

Keeping up the progress with finished basing and the primer:

gallery_30308_10249_34895.jpg

Only a little bit of base additions as I want to save room for the water effect :thumbsup: It'd be good to get the base colours completed in the week but I'm starting to run low on Reikland Flesh, I should be ok for these but I'll need a new pot for the Keeper. Maybe I can find some time during lunch for a quick stock up on essential supplies, I'd like to get PA4 for the Thousand Sons bits too.

Once more that's some excellent, steady progress! :tu: You should be very pleased with the results of all your hard work - this army is coming along in leaps and bounds. If you could somehow distill and collect this new army productivity you could sell it for millions :laugh.:

It's a few things at work I reckon. Partly it's things being quiet lately, not just the new year slow down, gives me a bit more spare time to allocate to the hobby. I've also been waiting and planning to get my Daemons going for a while and it's nice to paint something quite different to my other armies. The rest is good old fashioned deadlines and stealing time for work whenever I can :laugh.:

Plus I think there's a lot to say for completing my project backlog and tidying up my desk. Being able to focus on just what's in front of you makes a big difference, and the empty backlog not weighing you down speaks for itself :smile.: Along with trying to hobby a bit every day (those magic 15 minutes - or less; whatever you can find!) I can't recommend it enough for productivity :thumbsup:

Working away during the evenings to get the basic work done is yielding fruit, almost finished with the core colours and washing:

gallery_30308_10249_35290.jpg

Should finish this conveniently tomorrow evening, leaving all the straps, chains, etc detail work for the weekend :thumbsup: Shouldn't be a problem to finish them by the end of the week :biggrin.: Once they're done I have a battalion - not a great one, but still counts! I might take a little breather from my Daemons to make sure I'm rested and ready to leap into the Keeper, I'll see what takes my fancy when I get there :smile.:

It's great there's a choice of head, but I think I'm going for the other one as it'll fit better with my Diaznettes. I'm wondering if I should try a bit of GS to make it really fit, but I'll see when I've given the bits a closer inspection. Speaking of Daemonettes good progress has been made so I'm almost there now:

gallery_30308_10249_50110.jpg

Just last bits and the bases to do, that said this includes all the gems :tongue.: Even so that's all more than viable for completion tomorrow so looks like the plan is going to work out neatly - makes a change :laugh.:

It's mostly the models themselves and the magic of washes :tongue.: The colour variation aside from keeping things interesting is more of a necessity as while the older models are fantastic they don't have a great deal of option for changes in pose. Not that many recent models are much better... :sad.: Smatterings of colours work well so they don't look too samey, and it's nice to have a broader palette compared to my CSM :smile.:

I managed to sneak in the Astrogranite last night after posting the picture so now that's all set and ready to go I have more leeway as to when I can get things painted today :biggrin.:

All those gems were a pain, but with the water effect now applied they're done :biggrin.: Or rather technically when it is set?

gallery_30308_10249_89696.jpg

This means I have succeeding in getting a battalion of Daemons ready for battle! Not a great one as it's bare bones but all things start somewhere, and a core is what armies are built around :smile.: First I'm scheduling in a small break from my Daemons. It's a good idea anyway to keep things fresh so I don't get tired of them, but all the more so as I managed to turn around this squad in a week - not something I can keep up!

I'm feeling like something Marine to be quite different from the Daemonettes but I'll see what attracts my attention. I expect I'll still poke around on the KoS so I can plan ahead what I might do.

I should also read all the rules and start familiarising myself with the Stratagems... On a positive note a basic force such as this is pretty straight forward to use - move, advance and charge! :laugh.:

The Daemon Prince is properly finished now as I grabbed the sword to complete also. Here's how it started:

gallery_30308_10249_4961.jpg

Didn't take too long to finish along with the backpack :smile.:

gallery_30308_10249_34066.jpg

gallery_30308_10249_39738.jpg

This sets me up nicely for smaller point Daemon detachments where those points for wings are a squeeze, and the extra movement is maybe less of a deal with Daemons who are fairly speedy as it is. I've even reworked my list to include the sword, may as well go the whole hog :wink:

I've decided to work on my Oblits as my next project for something different. They shouldn't take too long to finish, and technically are still daemons :tongue.: In the meantime I'll try to sort an updated army shot :smile.:

I've been working on the Obliterators today, but found time for that army shot:

gallery_30308_10249_39730.jpg

Not least because I'll need them shortly for a small game! I'm also drawing up plans for a dual CSM and Daemons army for a larger game or two next month so I'll be getting some good game time in with them. This will be a good way to learn their rules too :P There's a fair few Stratagems I'll need to know too I'm sure but in for a penny in for a pound is the Slaanesh way :laugh.:

With the CA2019 FAQ out today confirming what we thought with the old Keeper of Secrets damage profile being correct seems it's a sign that the KoS must be next. I was toying with the idea of being good and getting another squad of Daemonettes done but I think I need a break from them in particular. The plan is to drop in across various armies for the next two or three projects then back to the Daemons proper, fresh and ready to get stuck in again :smile.:

Fantastic work! Your productivity is amazing, you even inspired me to do a bit of painting after months :teehee: The latest batch of Daemonettes look grand and the army shot is the icing on the cake. Finishing off the Prince is then the cherry on top :wink: 

A well deserved break from your daemons is a good idea, keep yourself from burning out on them :tu: Besides it's time to sit back and admire all your hard work!

Thanks :D After a while of planning to work on my Daemons it's good to reach the first milestone :) I'm going to be careful not to do anything to impede my progress so I'm thinking that I might mix things up a bit to ensure this remains the case. For example it might take a while to assemble the KoS so I might treat that as a project in itself, and put something else in between painting it. It's one of the advantages of my new approach to hobbying as having so few projects on the go I can swap and change easily without a backlog building up :)

I spent a bit of time reading through the Codex and Stratagems last night as a primer so I'm not going in completely blind. That said the majority of cards I won't use, so it shouldn't be too much work to get familiar with them.

• 3 weeks later...

With the completion of my Obliterators yesterday (technically Daemons!) I was ready for today's game - more importantly with my Daemons in a Battalion for their first battle! It was also another first for my opponent and his new army, and the first time I had faced Necrons since their original incarnation in aeons long gone...

The Sunder and Daemonic Allies

Hidden Content
+++ First CSM and Daemons 1500pts (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [88 PL, 13CP, 1,500pts] +++

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [58 PL, 5CP, 953pts] ++

+ Configuration [5CP] +

Detachment CP [5CP]

Legion: Emperor's Children

+ HQ [16 PL, 244pts] +

Chaos Lord [5 PL, 84pts]: Intoxicating Elixir, 2x Lightning Claw [10pts], Mark of Slaanesh, Warlord

Dark Apostle [5 PL, 72pts]: Benediction of Darkness, Blissful Devotion, Mark of Slaanesh

Sorcerer [6 PL, 88pts]: Bolt pistol, Death Hex, Force sword [8pts], Mark of Slaanesh, Prescience

+ Troops [19 PL, 322pts] +

Chaos Cultists [3 PL, 46pts]: Mark of Slaanesh
. 5x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun [20pts]
. 3x Chaos Cultist w/ autopistol and brutal assault weapon [12pts]
. Chaos Cultist w/ special weapon [10pts]: Flamer [6pts]
. Cultist Champion [4pts]: Brutal assault weapon and Autopistol

Chaos Space Marines [8 PL, 138pts]: Mark of Slaanesh
. Aspiring Champion [20pts]: Plasma pistol [5pts], Power sword [4pts]
. 7x Marine w/ Chainsword [77pts]
. Marine w/ Heavy or Special Weapon [25pts]: Meltagun [14pts]
. Marine w/ Plasma pistol [16pts]: Chainsword, Plasma pistol [5pts]

Chaos Space Marines [8 PL, 138pts]: Mark of Slaanesh
. Aspiring Champion [20pts]: Plasma pistol [5pts], Power sword [4pts]
. 7x Marine w/ Chainsword [77pts]
. Marine w/ Heavy or Special Weapon [25pts]: Meltagun [14pts]
. Marine w/ Plasma pistol [16pts]: Chainsword, Plasma pistol [5pts]

+ Heavy Support [19 PL, 312pts] +

Maulerfiend [7 PL, 122pts]: Lasher tendrils [12pts], Mark of Slaanesh

Obliterators [12 PL, 190pts]: Mark of Slaanesh, 2x Obliterator [12 PL, 190pts]

+ Dedicated Transport [4 PL, 75pts] +

Chaos Rhino [4 PL, 75pts]: Combi-bolter [2pts], Combi-bolter [2pts], Havoc launcher [6pts], Mark of Slaanesh

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Chaos - Daemons) [30 PL, 8CP, 547pts] ++

+ Configuration [8CP] +

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Chaos Allegiance: Slaanesh

Detachment CP [5CP]

+ HQ [12 PL, 226pts] +

Daemon Prince of Chaos [8 PL, 156pts]: Malefic talon [10pts]
. Slaanesh: Hysterical Frenzy

Infernal Enrapturess [4 PL, 70pts]

+ Troops [12 PL, 210pts] +

Daemonettes [4 PL, 70pts]: Alluress [6pts], 9x Daemonette [54pts], Instrument of Chaos [10pts]

Daemonettes [4 PL, 70pts]: Alluress [6pts], 9x Daemonette [54pts], Instrument of Chaos [10pts]

+ Elites [6 PL, 111pts] +

Fiends [6 PL, 111pts]: Blissbringer [2 PL, 37pts], 2x Fiend [4 PL, 74pts]

Filthy Toaster Xenos

Hidden Content
Lord with Orb

Destroyer Lord

Command Barge

Annihilation Barge

Doomsday Ark

3x Scarabs

3x Scarabs

10x Warriors

10x Warriors

5x Immortals

3x bike thingies

10x Praetorians

5x Deathmarks

Deployment

The mission was a curious one I'd yet to play, five objectives placed as they would be on a die with a D6 rolled the start of every round. This would be worth 2 points at the end of each round, whereas all others were worth 1. A roll of 6 gave them all the value of 2. Some measure of mobility would be required, but as my force was geared for combat and little else I wasn't sure how feasible it would be to score points. I might have to rely on chance and luck. With a "40k classic" deployment there was some measure of the familiar at least :tongue.:

I had a vague idea of what I wanted to do putting my army down, but after I put the first Daemonette squad down on the left I realised I should probably keep them all there to try and maximise their auras. The made deployment pretty straight forward for my CSM. With Scarabs on the flanks I wasn't too concerned about the battle lines meeting and kept the Oblits in reserve for the right moment. Ideally dropping down to hammer one of those vehicles...

gallery_30308_10077_121128.jpg

Turn 1

I fail to seize, and steel myself. As it turns out, Necrons are more of a mid range shooty army? I get lucky and the Maulershrimp only takes 4 wounds from the Doomsday Ark and the Daemonettes survive attacks from the bike things (thanks to some jammy saves).

gallery_30308_10077_109127.jpg

Naturally there's not much to do other than try and close the gap. With some enemy forces advancing to keep me busy I have opportunity to slingshot up the table a bit with my Daemon's speed and their locus; it's likely a one way mission but I can't resist the chance to use their shiny new rules, and the possibility of locking up some guns and gaining some initiative is too much to pass up.

I manage to take out the bike thing by the skin of my teeth (quite literally the last bolt - from my Apostle!) which frees me up to try for the Annihilation Barge. The Fiends have no trouble reaching the left flank's Scarabs and gobbling them up and a squad of Daemonettes makes it to the barge but struggle, only inflicting a single would which is of course healed next turn. With the 2 point objective already in my opponent's hand I start off at a deficit but nothing to worry about for the first turn.

gallery_30308_10077_137279.jpg

Turn 2

This is where things start to get going. The Warriors join their firepower with others to reduce the Fiends to the Blissbringer. The two Daemonette squads suffer heavy casualties also. The Maulershrimp takes more hits, but holds strong against the fusillade. This may be crucial as my opponent pours fire in, enough to leave my other forces untouched. I sense an opportunity to gain good leverage, but I have concerns about the centre. The Fly keyword foils my assaults, and fishing for 6s to do any damage yields little - much will rest on the Maulershrimp!

With some good morale rolls preventing further loss I advance my Daemonic units once more, and can comfortably make some charges. The full strength Daemonettes multi-charge the Barges, locking up the Command Barge so the shrimp can charge in. I multi-charged against the Immortals but was just short of reaching them unfortunately. The shrimp whiffs a bit, leaving it on 1 wound but a lucky 6 makes it through from the Daemonettes to finish it off!

Combat on the left flank goes much better, as the combined strength of the three units can chop the Warriors down and out. Crucially my foot CSM made a detour to reach the special 2 point objective (barely) and they almost killed the Scarabs who were making a line for it. I hope to get them stuck in soon as I'll likely need them...

gallery_30308_10077_70392.jpg

Turn 3

I've taken the lead on points now, and with my forces aggressively invading my opponent's deployment zone things are looking positive. There's still some conversion into a win to go though. The Immortals combine forces with the other units nearby to shoot the Maulershrimp but once again it holds - though wounds are running out! This is quite fortuitous as by eating so much fire for another turn this buys more time for my other forces. In particular the Daemonettes who may have been underestimated. Some Deathmarks appear near the Daemon Prince and take a wound off, I plan to ignore them and keep moving up however.

I figured that my turn 3 could easily be what sets me up for victory, and bringing in the Oblits goes a long way to that. Shooting twice they pour fire into the Ark and strip 10 wounds! Nice. With my other forces moving up it's crunch time alright. I realise that the Rhino can scoot back to claim the new 2 point objective (the other one near my deployment), and with some more luck it can finish off the surviving snipers after the Daemon Prince's smite (he still can't use his main power!) so I have a bit of a lead in score I just need to keep the pressure up and I can likely hold this gap for the win.

Combats go reasonably well. Another fishing 6 from the Daemonettes finishes off the Ark (that was too close) and the full strength Daemonette squad aren't full strength any more... I spend 2 Command Points to keep them alive and in combat. Things go better on the right flank, as my lagging CSM squad can shoot down the remaining Scarabs as they advance, and the Rhino squad charges in to the Warriors to chop them down. Sadly my CSM Characters struggle to do much, only the Apostle making it into combat with the Destroyer Lord along with the Cultists.

gallery_30308_10077_51277.jpg

Turn 4

As it turns out, these Praetorians are pesky buggers who are mean and tough. The game has devolved mostly into a big scrap deep in enemy deployment. The remaining Barge is cut down and the Praetorians begin to fall. The Prince finally gets to cast Hysterical Frenzy though it doesn't do much. My forces hold on, the remaining 2 Daemonettes were killed but the others can charge in and frustrate - fancy power weapons don't make a difference when you have a 5++ and little else :laugh.:

gallery_30308_10077_59956.jpg

Turn 5

My opponent is running out of juice, and though his Lord can resurrect yet more of them with his shiny orb the curtain is falling as more of my forces surround him and losses are faster than replacements. The matter is solved when the Prince chops the Lord down in a single charge, letting my units finish the job proper and cut down the last of the xenos. A solid victory, and auspicious start to my Daemonic forces! :biggrin.:

I thought that my army was decent enough, but likely to struggle if the metaphorical wind wasn't blowing my way. Perhaps I was lucky that my opponent was the Necrons? There will be much to learn against this new army but knowing the general bits and basics went a long way of course (I made sure to focus fire to wipe units). The Daemons did better than I expected, and were certainly fast with the locus - but lacking in staying power and tackling anything beyond infantry. No surprises there I suppose!

Maybe that'll be better in a full Daemon army where more support can make it in time? My CSM characters were kind of useless - the Lord only offered his aura... I found it hard to keep my Daemon characters up with the main forces to get stuck in, next time I'll advance the Enrapturess. A negative to hit isn't a big deal on BS2+ and not like her shooting does much it's more important to keep close.

The Oblits did well, but didn't get the chance to do much else after their initial attack. Firing twice then was the real damage dealer I can see myself relying on this in the future! If I can't get long range firepower, I can at least get good fire power? :tongue.: There is much to be done to flesh my Daemons out, but with the limitations they face on top I'm not sure when they'll get a full run out by themselves. For example such a lack of shooting does not bode well should I come up against a flyer...

Another fun batrep.

I wonder what would have happened if you had deep-struck some of your daemon units using Denizens of the Warp. It would be very CP intensive, but it might be worth investigating down the road.

Yes, Praetorians can be tough. And since my Chaos lists emphasize melee I often have to face them in hand to hand, which is where they shine.

Another lovely battle report with just the right amount of pictures :wub: It certainly seems your new Daemons are off to a good start, the battle appears to have gone to plan. The Fiends seem terrifyingly fast, a shame they didn't survive in numbers for longer. Deepstriking Oblits seem like a winner, I expect them to be dealing lots of damage in games to come :yes:

Thanks chaps, I was initially concerned about a shooting army but not having buckets of long range fire power lets you close in a bit easier :smile.: They're not short of decent combat either it seems though. I think my forces worked together better than I had thought, as all those AP modifiers meant nothing against the Daemons and with them zipping up the table there was little choice for my opponent in who he targeted. Perhaps an idea would be to adjust my CSM contingent so they focus more on providing fire support to the Daemons?

With two Detachments I had plenty of Command Points, I realised I should be spending them a bit late (as in a couple of turns in!) :tongue.: I think dropping some Daemons in from reserve would have been good, though likely better with a larger squad. I had dropped the wings on the Prince to save points and fit everything in, figuring that a 4" movement drop and missing keyword weren't a huge deal but while this may be true as a CSM unit, in a Daemons force it is much more important. I incorrectly reasoned that 8" was close enough to the 7" of the Daemonettes, but anything you can do to help close the gap between units and supporting characters goes far.

So aside from blowing the cobwebs off as it had been a while since my last game I came away with a lot of things to work on which is good. I've decided that a Soulgrinder is next on my purchase list as a reward for progress made, but this will be after the KoS and some more Daemonettes. I'll certainly need to up my game as my opponent learns his new army, not to mention the resurgent Grey Knights... I'm really hoping GW buck their trend and give Daemons some serious boons in their Psychic Awakening book or the latter might be short games :confused:

Having got my first Detachment game in for my Daemons it was time for a few more firsts: first Daemons only game, first against Eldar in 8th - and first Daemons game at Warhammer World :biggrin.: 500pts is always interesting with fitting things in, but perhaps more so when you only have limited models to work with :tongue.: What better way to forge lists though, especially when starting out on an army?

Cavalcade of Slaanesh

Hidden Content
++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Chaos - Daemons) [8CP, 500pts] ++

+ HQ [226pts] +

Daemon Prince of Chaos [156pts]: Celerity of Slaanesh, Hellforged sword [10pts], Soulstealer, Warlord
. Slaanesh: Hysterical Frenzy

Infernal Enrapturess [70pts]

+ Troops [200pts] +

Daemonettes [70pts]: Alluress [6pts], 9x Daemonette [54pts], Instrument of Chaos [10pts]

Daemonettes [70pts]: Alluress [6pts], 9x Daemonette [54pts], Instrument of Chaos [10pts]

Daemonettes [60pts]: Alluress [6pts], 9x Daemonette [54pts]

+ Elites [74pts] +

Fiends [74pts]: 2x Fiend [74pts]

Alaitoc

Hidden Content
Autarch with Wings

Farseer

10x Guardians

Brightland

10x Guardians

Scatterlaser

Wraithlord

What more fitting first true Daemons game than against BCC's perfidious Eldar? We decide that for a small game there's not much point in going for any objectives, plus both sides would be far more interested in slaying the other anyway :tongue.:

Deployment

Straight forward as you'd expect, neither side wants to or can afford to hang back so the line is pretty much facing off. There's some LoS blocking terrain I can make use of on my advance, so I had good expectations to get into combat with enough to take out the Eldar. The Wraithlord however... I'd need to get the Prince in there as soon as I can!

gallery_30308_10249_160762.jpg

Ready to eat some tasty souls...

gallery_30308_10249_54383.jpg

Turn 1

I fail to get first turn, but I think this might be for the best. The Eldar hold their ground and can take out a Daemonette from the centre squad - looks like I'll need to do the running here!

My left and centre advance up to take cover as best they can behind the containers. On the right I decide to go all out and try and catch the weaker flank. The Daemonettes and Fiends speed up the table, and the Prince gets enough to expand his bubble of charging. The Fiends take a wound on the way in, and the Daemonettes follow! Success indeed, they have no trouble cutting down the Guardians causing the remaining to flee. A great start!

gallery_30308_10249_191578.jpg

Turn 2

This has bought me valuable advantage, as the inevitable return isn't going to be fun. The Guardians advance up and shoot the Daemonettes, sending a fair few back to the warp. I get lucky as the Wraithlord can't find a bead to any of my units after this so I escape its wrath. The Farseer banishes some more Daemonettes but starts taking hits in return so that's a fight I can be fairly confident in, which means my Fiends are ready to assist the Prince...

gallery_30308_10249_176231.jpg

Both are fast enough to close in handily. I Smite the Autarch on the way, leaving my main forces to tackle the Guardians. This goes well, as the Daemonettes and Enrapturess have no trouble with the Guardians, and with Aura of Acquiescence on the Prince he manages to save the hits that go through after leaving the Wraithlord on a single wound (Soulstealer is nice with re-rolls against Eldar!)

gallery_30308_10249_121136.jpg

Turn 3

Things have gone pear shaped for the xenos, but they still have their best units left. The Autarch's Fusion Pistol and charge have no trouble taking out the Enrapturess but it's not enough. The Wraithlord and Farseer are cut down and the Autarch follows in my turn - a first victory to my Daemons also :smile.:

My opponent had underestimated just how fast the Daemons could be (just as well, not having any guns). The Fiends in particular are very speedy, but if you can get a Character close enough for a charge none can escape. They hit hard... by Slaanesh standards :confused: Their main job is to cause mischief I feel, and they're certainly good at that. I got the feeling they would do well for me, and probably earn a reputation. A good job I have that second box I expect :tongue.:

More batreps to come :)

Now I think about it, I think I did play Eldar for one of the very first games with the Sunder in a Combat Patrol kind of thing. Or maybe that was 7th? :tongue.: First time against Alaitoc for sure, unfortunately for them their -1 to hit rule while normally powerful counts for nothing against Slaanesh. Every cloud has that silver lining after all :laugh.:

Next game was against the treacherous Genestealer Cults, needing telling that Slaanesh is the one who will be doing the devouring thank you very much. Once again we decide that for such a small game easier to just get to the killing as that's what always happens anyway :wink:

GSC 500pts

Hidden Content
Jackal Alphus

Brood Brothers

Brood Brothers

Bikers w/Shotguns

Bikers w/Shotguns

Goliath

Goliath

Buggy thing

Deployment

The Bikers have a pesky inbuilt -1 to hit against shooting. At least, to other armies :tongue.: This is not an ideal match up for Daemons, as hordes and their shooting is a bad combination for squishy Daemonettes who'd much rather be stabbing fewer, more expensive models. They have plenty of mobility too. There's a single piece of terrain to block LoS I'll need to use, but with lots of mobility on the other side of the table also it might get interesting...

I keep my forces together, I don't want to get straggled out and the Fiends in the centre to hopefully do the same as I did against the Eldar. That disruption they provide with locking units in to combat is probably crucial to buying time and space for the Daemonettes to get stuck in.

gallery_30308_10077_61504.jpg

Turn 1

I lose first turn, but again it might be better for me to go second. My opponent moves some infantry up, and starts sending bikers round my right flank but otherwise holds. The Fiends take the brunt of the shooting with Autocannons in particular being troublesome. I lose one of the Fiends and a few Daemonettes, not a great start but could have been worse.

I see another opportunity to send the Fiends up the table, and with a crafty 6 Advance roll for the Prince he can handily join them! They have no trouble eating the Brood Brother squad in front of the Goliath and consolidating in to cause trouble for my opponent. My first turn has set me up neatly, if I can get the Daemonettes up I should be able to push this advantage on to turn it into victory.

gallery_30308_10077_129248.jpg

Turn 2

My opponent wisely doesn't let the mess in the centre distract him, and keeps pushing with his flanks. His vehicles hold their ground and along with Heavy Stubbers start causing trouble for the Daemonettes but they hold.

I consider ignoring the flanking bikers and pushing up, but I don't want to get stuck in a pincer especially as my left Daemonettes can't reliably reach the squad by the buggy. The centre squad can easily advance up to enjoy the Prince's charging aura and I send the right squad in to tie up the bikers. Unfortunately they really struggle against their T4 2W profile, but the Prince leads the show by hacking down the other biker squad with ease. The character proves a pain with his 3++ but as he hits back like a Tau nothing to worry about.

gallery_30308_10077_182221.jpg

Turn 3

My opponent is rightly wary of the Daemonettes hiding, ready to come out in my turn and backs off with his right flank, now outside of the Enrapturess's range. Luckily he can't muster enough fire power to inflict great damage against the squad. Combat is lacklustre for both sides on the right flank, and I can claw another wound of the Alphus - the Prince batters the Goliath down to two wounds which sets me up for my turn as I have an idea...

gallery_30308_10077_97767.jpg

Sadly the Prince's Smite fails (a running theme...) so he has to finish off the Goliath in combat. I expected this as a backup anyway so it's fine, the Enrapturess's squad moves up to chase the right Goliath, and the Enrapturess herself cuts down the Alphus. The slap right with the bikers continues, but that's a sideshow now as I set myself up with some charges that should put the game firmly in my hands.

gallery_30308_10077_212698.jpg

Turn 4

My opponent knows that he can't run away any longer, the buggy and squad reduce the Daemonettes but can't harm the Prince. The Goliath fares little better against the encroaching Daemons. We decided that the embarrassing biker fight is probably best forgotten at this stage...

gallery_30308_10077_26515.jpg

It's no surprise to see the Prince and Daemonettes have no troubles with their quarry. The buggy is hacked apart and the Brood Brothers reduced badly. The Enrapturess joins the charge against the Goliath to help out, and they start piggling it down. The Fiend rushes over to assist the Daemonettes against the bikers and starts making a small but noticeable difference.

gallery_30308_10077_59545.jpg

Turn 5

There's not much left but fighting now. The bikers slowly whittle the Daemonettes down but as they take losses in return it's not enough. The Goliath takes some more hits and the Prince finishes off the squad easily.

gallery_30308_10077_194534.jpg

With a consolidation followed by another 6" Advance the Prince zips across the table to finish off the Goliath. The Fiend seemingly wakes up and punishes the bikers allowing the Daemonettes to finish the job (finally), a hard fought victory for Slaanesh!

It was an interesting game, once again victory likely rested on the Fiends and their meteoric charge. That and the Prince of course, who might be terrible at casting psychic powers but at least he can kill things really well in combat. The high strength and damage were crucial, I might as well name him "Lord Crutch" and be done with it... :tongue.:

It was quite a different GSC list, but quite scary with the numbers, mobility, and fire power it could muster. Perhaps my Daemons weren't a great match up for him either, but it could easily have been a different game without that central charge.

Next - another batrep :thumbsup:

So far, so good. Next up was some Iron Warriors who didn't worship Slaanesh - these misguided Astartes needed to learn that there are certain standards expected when it comes to being Chaotic...

Iron Warriors

Hidden Content
Lord in TDA w/Combi-melta

10x CSM w/plasma, heavy bolter

Champ w/plasma pistol, power fist

10x Cultists

5x Terminators

Deployment

This was the kind of foe more suited to my Daemonettes. The Cultists would likely be a minor threat removed easily enough, the main thing would be taking out or wrapping up the CSM before they can inflict too many casualties and of course dealing with the Termies and Lord when they arrived. I elected to keep my forces tightly together until they did, so nothing would get isolated.

Easier said than done though, as without any range to speak of that might be a luxury I don't have! Fortunately for me my opponent doesn't have that luxury either, being lighter on numbers. Until the Terminators arrive the plan is simple - remove as many models as I can until then! :tongue.: With this in mind I use Denizens of the Warp for the first time to place a squad of Daemonettes in reserve. With their musician there's better odds for them to get in, and I can answer the hostile reserves arrival better.

gallery_30308_10077_151553.jpg

Turn 1

The Iron Warriors move up, but are unable to inflict any damage at all - happy days! This is the best start yet by a country mile, so things are looking quite advantageous indeed.

gallery_30308_10077_67880.jpg

Once again the Prince advances well, letting the Fiends and a squad of Daemonettes zip up the board and into combat. Not before the Enrapturess takes out half the Cultists, with the other half fleeing despite a re-roll. The CSM are badly reduced under the hail of dice, and my Daemons have the best first turn maybe in the history of daemonic first turns :laugh.:

gallery_30308_10077_114692.jpg

Turn 2

The Marines are on the ropes so the Termies must come in now, and they pick a good spot. Unfortunately for them they fail to find purchase on the Prince, though the rear squad of Daemonettes are badly reduced. The CSM are reduced to the Champ so everything rests on the Terminators.

gallery_30308_10077_98560.jpg

With the enemy reinforcements arriving so should mine, I line up my units for a charge and drop them in below the Terminators. I send the Prince in against the Termies to avoid the Lord as he has the Murdersword with his name on it! With the Daemonettes I'm not concerned about him as they can whittle him down. So it goes, as the Lord receives a lot of wounds he can't endure, and the Prince takes out three Terminators.

gallery_30308_10077_95046.jpg

With the final CSM falling the game is over when the Prince finishes the job, another victory secured for Slaanesh!

This was quite a different game, I got to see the difference you get from having good targets for the Daemonette's claws. Coupled with some good rolling in the right places the game was mine to lose very early. One of the things I was getting used to was ignoring AP values. All these nasty weapons effectively counting for little against that 5++! Sadly this 5++ counts for the same against volume of wounds... :confused:

Another two batreps to come, but before that a bit of Slaaneshi scenery I saw on another table that looked cool:

gallery_30308_10077_172261.jpg