The Return of Celestine

BitsHammer

I understand what you're saying, but if you read the rules for taking armour saves against shooting in the rulebook then that isn't how you're supposed to approach this sort of thing:

"First, allocate a Wound from the Wound pool to the enemy model closest to the firing unit...," (potentially making a random roll in the case that the closest model is not plainly apparent), then "the model gets to make a saving throw, if it has one," and after you've resolved that stage of the sequence you "continue allocating Wounds to the closest model, taking saves and removing casualties..." until they have all been resolved.

It's a laborious system but RAW individual models take saving throws until they die, at which point you move onto the next model.

I understand what you're saying, but if you read the rules for taking armour saves against shooting in the rulebook then that isn't how you're supposed to approach this sort of thing:

"First, allocate a Wound from the Wound pool to the enemy model closest to the firing unit...," (potentially making a random roll in the case that the closest model is not plainly apparent), then "the model gets to make a saving throw, if it has one," and after you've resolved that stage of the sequence you "continue allocating Wounds to the closest model, taking saves and removing casualties..." until they have all been resolved.

It's a laborious system but RAW individual models take saving throws until they die, at which point you move onto the next model.

Exactly, closest model first. if that model is celestine then she roles the save. if she fails the save she suffers a wound and devine guidance kicks in moving that wound to the a geminae who then suffers the wound instead of celestine. 

I think the problem a lot of people are having is because devine guardian sounds so much like look out sir they assume it's the same thing and you just don't have to roll for it.  But it's not the same thing.

Who are you responding to? I thought I was agreeing with you. 

It's a weird rule. I guess I can see it working either way. I'll do it however the other people I  play against want to I guess :P

Who are you responding to? I thought I was agreeing with you.

It's a weird rule. I guess I can see it working either way. I'll do it however the other people I play against want to I guess tongue.png

It's not a weird rule people are just overthinking it. It's also one of the few cases where RAI actually can impact it. Wounds are determined by comparing strength against the target's toughness/initiative/whatever else (or it's grav and it's just 'what is your save') Then the wound is resolved by the model rolling saves/fnp/etc against it and determining damage based on the number of failed saves. Therefore, Celestine is the target for the attack, the attack uses celestines stats to determine damage rolls, damage rolls are made, wounds are suffered(remember the term 'suffering an unsaved wound' implies that wounds are suffered before saves are taken) the wounds are then resolved against the geminii who have a 3+4++ save.

The only way the rule makes any sense is if the wounds go against the Geminii's 3+4++; after all, why bother giving them their own save if they're just going to bite it on celestine's failed rolls.

Archived