The Return of Celestine

BitsHammer

I hope this rumour pans out, I don't want to lose Celestine. A new model might be pretty awesome (especially in plastic!) but as long as she stays human proportioned. I don't want a giant Celestine striding over the battlefield it'd look awful. Sure pump up her stats but not the model!

Probably a "bigger" Celestine/Saint would mean bigger wings. Something like this:

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0034/6452/files/Erzebel-_1.jpg?v=1479750760

I would be very disappointed if they gave us mutant Celestine. She would be blatantly a heretic (because mutants are heresy) and that's just silly.

The wings on the model are just symbolic? Or a part of M36 era artificer armour made for Saint Katherine.

Problem solved. tongue.png

I guess. But still, I'd rather we just not.

I should probably do some kind of write up on my interpretation of the fluff for AoFs and Celestine. It's just going to get confusing otherwise :P

Reads like baseless speculation/wishlisting with "I heard it from my store manager lol" tacked on the end.

I mean, I just knocked this together in two minutes through a combination of wishlisting and educated guesswork:

I heard from my local store manager that the following was coming in a new plastic Sisters range

• Battle Sister Squad - 10 strong, a few special weapon, heavy bolter/heavy flamer, options for helmets and bareheaded. Apparently has a couple of vehicle icons on sprue for Rhinos.
  • Celestian Squad - 5 strong, a bit like the Militarum Tempestus box where it builds the unit but also has options for command squad with Imagifer, Hospitaller etc. Has enough special weapons that you can combine with Battle Sister squad to make Dominion Squads.
  • Serephim Squad - 5 strong, a bit similar to Stormcast Prosecutors in that they're suspended above the bases with trailing scrolls/purity seal things. Has the familiar gunslinger loadouts, but is a dual kit with options for a close-combat oriented squad.
  • Saint Celestine - Multi-part with options for generic Living Saints. Plenty of trailing scrolls to support her and cherubs holding her cloak. It's bigger than the current metal model, but looks like it's on a 40mm base so not super huge. Box size similar to recent Khârn and Ahriman
  • Canoness - One-pose clampack model, similar tot he current metal one. Don't know if it has options (one seen had Inferno Pistol & Power Sword)

That's it. No new Repentia, Retributors or vehicles were mentioned, so a lot of things staying resin for now. 

I've no doubt you could send that to Natfka under a false email and he'd publish it as fact.

I've no doubt you could send that to Natfka under a false email and he'd publish it as fact.

"so a lot of things staying resin for now" also sounds like a particularly poorly though out fake rumour for the sororitas line.

"so a lot of things staying resin for now" also sounds like a particularly poorly though out fake rumour for the sororitas line.

I also decided not to correct "tot he" because it just added to the Natfka feel...

I did mention salt for a reason. If it's true, then neat. If it's not then nothing changes.

Though if she doesn't get an update I could see her on the "cast to order" list as she is only missing from Imperial Agents like Khorne is missing from Daemonkin.

Basically she still has a reason to exist regardless and at worst this is fake.

Well, Whisky Priest (the source for this rumour) also claims that the comment about plastic Sisters of Battle during Magnus reveal video was a joke. Didn't Warhammer confirmed it was not a joke on facebook?

EDIT: I would also cut Natfka some slack. His policy on rumours is known for a long time. He also borught up quite a chunk of accurate rumours.

Well, Whisky Priest (the source for this rumour) also claims that the comment about plastic Sisters of Battle during Magnus reveal video was a joke. Didn't Warhammer confirmed it was not a joke on facebook?

EDIT: I would also cut Natfka some slack. His policy on rumours is known for a long time. He also borught up quite a chunk of accurate rumours.

Well yeah, I know his policy is to report everything regardless of source and reliability and at least he's honest about it, but to say he's brought up accurate rumours is sort of similar to saying that a broken clock is right twice a day.

Anyway, apologies for dragging this off topic, I'll join you all waiting with bated breath for the next Sisters release.

Well yeah, I know his policy is to report everything regardless of source and reliability and at least he's honest about it, but to say he's brought up accurate rumours is sort of similar to saying that a broken clock is right twice a day.

Anyway, apologies for dragging this off topic, I'll join you all waiting with bated breath for the next Sisters release.

No bated breath here. I'll believe it when I see it. It would be awesome, but I don't know if I expect an actual update right now.

Sisters of Silence are TOO tall though. I mean, they are just as tall as Space Marines, which doesn't really make sense. Mind you, not that it'd be a reason for me not to buy bigger Sororitas models or anything of the sort, but I wonder why they made SoS so tall.

Sisters of Silence are TOO tall though. I mean, they are just as tall as Space Marines, which doesn't really make sense. Mind you, not that it'd be a reason for me not to buy bigger Sororitas models or anything of the sort, but I wonder why they made SoS so tall.

Been a while since I broke out a ruler but aren't most standing models roughly 1" tall from scalp to sole?

All these rumors and wishlisting really has my finger off the trigger on starting an AS army LOL! I'm dying to start an army of these fine ladies but I want to be patient, as I definitely would want the newer sculpts where ever possible, if they ever do come.

I'm kind of mad I didn't order Celestine, but I hope she comes back. Maybe I'll get the new Resin Cannonnes as paint her up to buy some time for the rumors to flow ... 8th edition starter set with sisters rumor has me excited lol ..

AWWW YESSSSS.

I'm not even really that mad that the Adepta Sororitas army list basically didn't change in Codex: Imperial Agents because I really like my Sisters army. And now that there is a sweet new St. Celestine model coming to fix up the one glaring ommission in Codex: Imperial Agents, everything is right again. Piss off 2016! Long live 2017, THE YEAR OF FAITH!

I got the same from a friend but looks legit and fits the fits evolution of sisters things lately :)

I'm very excited, have to start gathering sponsors for "research purposes " in January ! ;)

The seraphim look amazing too, and Celestine looks like an eternal warrior this time :D :tu:

Archived