Dawn of War III done by RobMac

Kelborn

Hey guys,

yesterday, after watching Rogue One, my head was blown a second time in a row:

RobMac will be doing the novel for Dawn of War III!

As I'm currently at work, I'm unable to copy paste the link but he uploaded a pic of it on his Facebook profile.

I'm really curious of what he'll be doing with the Blood Ravens.

Rob? Maybe you want to say something about it? ;)

cheers,

Kelborn

Good for Robbie and bad for Robbie. I can't see how he can do a good story about SM fighting 'good' eldars and orc menace, especially orc. Which are kinda laughthable and comic after a year of The Beast Arises series. Campaign should have been about Eldars+SM against Chaos menace and not the Orcs.

I'll speak more at length about it all in the near future, but suffice to say for now:

• I'm writing the novelisation of the script created by RELIC, I didn't write the game's content.
  • The story won't be an exact transferral from screen to page, but it tries to get as close as possible. 
  • As someone who's played Dawn of War games since the age of 12 (so 12 years) it was a huge honour to be asked to write this. Doing Gabriel, Macha and Gorgutz was on par with writing Ragnar Blackmane's scenes in Legacy.

You're making me feel old, Robbie, and I only got you beat by two years...

Really looking forward to it. I thought that Goto had some interesting bits in his novels from back then, but the execution was horrendous. But seeing the Blood Ravens ending of Retribution still makes me shudder. I'm honestly jealous of you having the script in hand.

By the way, how much does it incorporate from the various storylines from Retribution (and the choices in Chaos Rising, for that matter)? I thought all of the plotlines had cool parts, so I hope it is a bit of a pick and choose thing of what to keep and what to throw out as non-canon.

Already 12 years? Oh man, I was 17 back then. Loved the games and I'm in deer hope to see some side characters returning as well. :D

Most of all: give Gorgutz screen time! :D

Yeah yeah, aren't I a little young to be a stormtro author, heard it before tongue.png

Nah, I would rather call you in an early stage of becoming an awesome author. ;)

Much to learn you have, youngling.

12... 17... holy moly I'd just turned 25 when that game hit the shelves! Many a time did i find myself up to the wee hours grinding my way through it not really knowing who this dude called "The Emperor" was. Good luck with the new novel Rob!!

I'll speak more at length about it all in the near future, but suffice to say for now:

• I'm writing the novelisation of the script created by RELIC, I didn't write the game's content.
  • The story won't be an exact transferral from screen to page, but it tries to get as close as possible. 
  • As someone who's played Dawn of War games since the age of 12 (so 12 years) it was a huge honour to be asked to write this. Doing Gabriel, Macha and Gorgutz was on par with writing Ragnar Blackmane's scenes in Legacy.

Please do not remind me of your connection with anything Legacy of Russ (teenagers comical story about wet leopard growl unkillable dogs riding on the backs of wolves with mighty beards of vikings......) related. Tis not a good comparison Robbie. which didn't give me any optimism for your future work

Looking forward to some Blood Ravens . 56 here .

Instead of wanting more for TS - you are sculping over the bones and marrows of filtered second hand stuff, lol

Please do not remind me of your connection with anything Legacy of Russ (teenagers comical story about wet leopard growl unkillable dogs riding on the backs of wolves with mighty beards of vikings......) related. Tis not a good comparison Robbie. which didn't give me any optimism on you future work

One day we'll have a discussion where you don't mention how much you hated Legacy Andrey, haha. I know your criticisms, but given that the 59 reviews on Goodreads give it an average of 3.5 out of 5 stars it seems most people enjoyed it. 

Please do not remind me of your connection with anything Legacy of Russ (teenagers comical story about wet leopard growl unkillable dogs riding on the backs of wolves with mighty beards of vikings......) related. Tis not a good comparison Robbie. which didn't give me any optimism on you future work

One day we'll have a discussion where you don't mention how much you hated Legacy Andrey, haha. I know your criticisms, but given that the 59 reviews on Goodreads give it an average of 3.5 out of 5 stars it seems most people enjoyed it. 

We definitely should. I will explain why it can't tis so.

3.5 out of 5 with general rate of adding half the percentage  over it.  And the problem is also that a lot of people who 'doesn't liked it' hasn't posted reviews at all. Cause some of them doesn't want to make you sad, some had no time, and some think it's so bad that it totally does not deserve a review

3.5 out of 5 with general rate of adding half the percentage  over it.  And the problem is also that a lot of people who 'doesn't liked it' hasn't posted reviews at all. Cause some of them doesn't want to make you sad, some had no time, and some think it's so bad that it totally does not deserve a review

Well if Legacy sold well, and the next book sells well, and the reviews are fine, and I've not seen much dissatisfaction online, there's really no quantifiable way to measure it as having been terrible, bar a vast conspiracy of silence which I'm unaware of.

3.5 out of 5 with general rate of adding half the percentage over it. And the problem is also that a lot of people who 'doesn't liked it' hasn't posted reviews at all. Cause some of them doesn't want to make you sad, some had no time, and some think it's so bad that it totally does not deserve a review

Well if Legacy sold well, and the next book sells well, and the reviews are fine, and I've not seen much dissatisfaction online, there's really no quantifiable way to measure it as having been terrible, bar a vast conspiracy of silence which I'm unaware of.

The next book will sell well - cause: it is about space sharks (win); you had more writing experience (win); it is a more interesting 'plothole' in the universe with all the related space sharks stuff (win). See - I already could prophesied you success! ;)

I hope you'll continue the tradition of multilaser weilding Devastators and backflipping Terminators. Don't forget to attribute the whole thing to a gigantic underground reservoir of blood, too.

Lol. Next point is a SM in terminator armour riding a fenrisian wolf, lol biggrin.png

Archived