Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gathering Storm: Fall of Cadia

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1895 replies to this topic

teutonicavenger

teutonicavenger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,447 posts
  • Chapter Name: Heralds of Salvation

Well I've just seen this

gallery_59703_7255_3972.jpg

Don't know much but Chaos is back again in January could be another campaign book like curse of wulfen and wrath of magnus (maybe Sisters will be the main heroes this time instead of the marines especially with the new models) . Looks like it was the spoiler on the cover of Jan's white dwarf, hopefully there is a new modelcoming soon.

Abaddon is coming look busy

Edited by teutonicavenger, 20 December 2016 - 08:40 AM.

• Vel'Cona, Vesper, Taliesin and 1 other like this

Where Monsters Tread: A Chymeriae Warband
UPDATED 05/02/17

ETL_2016_Banner_02_Oath_Breaker.jpg
May the Gods have mercy upon me

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,630 posts
  • Chapter Name: Crimson Lords

All I want is a plastic Veterans of the Long War kit that makes multi-pose CSM that look like the Dark Vengeance models. That's all I want. 

• Marshal Loss, hushrong, Venomlust and 6 others like this

Brother Kortmer

Brother Kortmer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 484 posts

All I want is a plastic Veterans of the Long War kit that makes multi-pose CSM that look like the Dark Vengeance models. That's all I want. 

That kit would've to come with a free mold line shaver tool though. LOL.

On topic: Very excited to see what's coming at us early next year. Nothing wrong with Traitor Legions, the book was massively anticipated and is seemingly well appreciated. About time Chaos got some love. But it wasn't ... exciting. I reckon we'll see the best bit next year.

• TheEyeOfNight likes this

gallery_80057_10843_28654.jpg sml_gallery_29004_10691_5889.pnggallery_29004_12090_2245.pngETL_Medal_02.gifgallery_77459_12304_7182.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01b.gif gallery_80057_10843_21692.jpg

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,182 posts

Awesome, looking forward to it. Really sad it's no new Abaddon model though, hopefully next year then I guess

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye
A blog about 30k & the Sons of Horus 29th Company

Taliesin

Taliesin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 428 posts

Oooh, more info here!

http://natfka.blogsp...ic-sisters.html

grailkeeper

grailkeeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 109 posts
  • Chapter Name: Vylka Fenrika

Plastic Sisters!!!

Looks to me like Gathering Storm will be some ongoing thing, and Fall of Cadia is just the first part. 40k end times perhaps?

I'll be sad to see those violet eyed Space-Israelis go.

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 558 posts

Awesome, looking forward to it. Really sad it's no new Abaddon model though, hopefully next year then I guess

Maybe it'll be a two parter? "Gathering Storm: Fall of Cadia", "Gathering Storm: Something something", with sisters coming as part of the first bit then Abaddon as centrepiece for the second?

• Marshal Loss likes this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,182 posts

I'll bet the gathering storm just leads to 8th edition and the new status quo

Maybe it'll be a two parter? "Gathering Storm: Fall of Cadia", "Gathering Storm: Something something", with sisters coming as part of the first bit then Abaddon as centrepiece for the second?

Who knows! The cynic in me says that if you were going to release a new Abaddon model, you'd do it when you release a large important campaign book featuring him on the cover, but I remain cautiously hopeful.

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye

grailkeeper

grailkeeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 109 posts
  • Chapter Name: Vylka Fenrika

Gathering Storm: Cadia Gets Back up again, you're never going to keep Cadia down?

Those plastic sisters look a bit like the flying stormcast eternals, particularly with that colour scheme.

• Flame Boy and templargdt like this

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 558 posts

Gathering Storm: Cadia Gets Back up again, you're never going to keep Cadia down?

Those plastic sisters look a bit like the flying stormcast eternals, particularly with that colour scheme.

I was just trying to avoid another "Electric Boogaloo" reference.tongue.png

Gotta say, as far as a return to form for the Sisters goes, Celestine swooping in to defend Cadia against the Archtraitor is a good 'un.

• BrotherAtrox likes this

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 903 posts

Oooh, more info here!

http://natfka.blogsp...ic-sisters.html

Nothing not already said here :(
  • Nehcrux likes this

Spagunk

Spagunk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,064 posts

Fantastic start to the new year. Exciting times.

Edited by Spagunk, 20 December 2016 - 10:05 AM.

• Spyros likes this

The best article I have read in a long time: http://www.alternet....e/132859?page=1
"[I] still find it funny that the you have to look to Jon Stewart and Rolling Stone to get something close to the truth" - One of my Co-workers

"What I believe is that all clear-minded people should remain two things throughout their lifetimes: Curious and teachable" - Roger Ebert

Rest in Peace Brother Edwards
cfb4eba4-62e6-4845-bad0-2ec9c22d1da8.jpggallery_40907_9492_3052.gifsml_gallery_29004_10691_7586.pnggallery_40907_9492_4019.gif

Lay

Lay

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 896 posts
  • Chapter Name: Alpha Legion

Love the John Woo doves under Celestine's wing

• Son of Carnelian likes this

WarriorFish

WarriorFish

++ PRÆFECT SOCIORUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 16,461 posts
  • Chapter Name: Hunter Legion

Can we keep the Sisters discussion to the other topic please?

As for this, do we have any more than just the name and cover? If not there is very little to discuss unfortunately.

gallery_30308_9518_8793.jpggallery_30308_9518_3622.pnggallery_30308_9518_1600.pnggallery_30308_3239_17729.pnggallery_30308_3239_4912.pngETL_Medal_04.gif
Painting Oaths Completed:
gallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_84.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gif
gallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gif
In the grim predictability of online 40k, there can be only Sun Tzu quotes

SM Cataphractii | IG Nork Deddog | CSM Marines | =][= Inquisitor | AM Knight

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,182 posts

As for this, do we have any more than just the name and cover? If not there is very little to discuss unfortunately.

Nothing other than WarhammerTV saying it's the beginning of a 'huge new narrative' that will give people, no matter their army, tons of things to do with their models in the new year, & that the first part involves St. Celestine and a Black Templars Crusade

Edited by Marshal Loss, 20 December 2016 - 10:07 AM.

• Sete likes this

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye

Spagunk

Spagunk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,064 posts

Already fixed it before you said anythingmsn-wink.gif .

The best article I have read in a long time: http://www.alternet....e/132859?page=1
"[I] still find it funny that the you have to look to Jon Stewart and Rolling Stone to get something close to the truth" - One of my Co-workers

"What I believe is that all clear-minded people should remain two things throughout their lifetimes: Curious and teachable" - Roger Ebert

Rest in Peace Brother Edwards
cfb4eba4-62e6-4845-bad0-2ec9c22d1da8.jpggallery_40907_9492_3052.gifsml_gallery_29004_10691_7586.pnggallery_40907_9492_4019.gif

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,689 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars/Grey Talons
It seems sisters will be involved in this Cadia campaign tho.
And a Black Templar Crusade?
So with 3 Crusades with the High Marshall, another pops up? Uff those numbers way above a thousand xD

Edited by Sete, 20 December 2016 - 10:17 AM.

• Reldn and Kastor Krieg like this

teutonicavenger

teutonicavenger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,447 posts
  • Chapter Name: Heralds of Salvation
Will be extremely curious if there will be any new chaos stuff in the book as I wouldn't expect GW to be that generous to chaos players especially after Legions just more copy and paste but who knows I mean we got plastic sisters so any things possible with the apocalypse

Where Monsters Tread: A Chymeriae Warband
UPDATED 05/02/17

ETL_2016_Banner_02_Oath_Breaker.jpg
May the Gods have mercy upon me

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,182 posts

Just hit me that in January we're going to get the Black Templars rushing to defend the Cadian Gate against the 13th Black Crusade, and in August courtesy of ADB we'll get the Black Templars defending the Cadian Gate against the 1st Black Crusade. :P It promises to be a good year for coverage of the Templars

• Kastor Krieg, HeritorA and TheOneTrueZon like this

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye

beefeb

beefeb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 84 posts

hopefully this is an indication that there will be some more timeline progression after fenris took a hammering.  Would be nice to see new Abaddon to lead the campaign/crusade, and would be nice to get some new Guard minis too.....a massed IG/Inq/BS force defending Cadia along with Grimnar lead space marines contingent.

• Marshal Loss likes this

TheMalius

TheMalius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 245 posts

Does this mean that White Dwarfs are going out this week?

My painting/hobby blog - The Brush and Boltgun

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,689 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars/Grey Talons
Gonna be honest here, The Templars were there on the 1st Black Crusade, a shield against the darkness, any Templar worth its salt would sure as hell be present on the Last one!
Only in Death does duty end!
  • templargdt likes this

StraightSilver

StraightSilver

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 151 posts

I'm starting to wonder if maybe Celestine, the Inquisitor, magos etc will be part of a boxed campaign set along the lines of Death Masque?

If that's the case we might get Sisters released in a similar vein to Death Watch in the boxed set initially, with a couple of characters thrown in.

If that is the case it would make sense that Abaddon would be available in the same set at the head of the opposing side?

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 903 posts

I'm starting to wonder if maybe Celestine, the Inquisitor, magos etc will be part of a boxed campaign set along the lines of Death Masque?

If that's the case we might get Sisters released in a similar vein to Death Watch in the boxed set initially, with a couple of characters thrown in.

If that is the case it would make sense that Abaddon would be available in the same set at the head of the opposing side?

Makes sense as the two flying sisters look a bit monopose.

KasrkinRyu

KasrkinRyu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 58 posts
  • Chapter Name: 171st Airborne (Kasrkin)

It would be awfully nice if they gave us Cadians something too somewhere along the lines...even if it was just a small forge world release. It would seem odd for Cadia to fall without us getting at least a token formation. I know its only a year since the Cadian supplement came out but still its Cadia we are talking about here!

Edited by KasrkinRyu, 20 December 2016 - 11:54 AM.

• duz_ likes this

gallery_30308_9518_8793.jpggallery_30308_9518_10434.png

My Armour Is Contempt, My Shield Is Disgust, My Sword Is Hatred. In The Emperors Name Let Non Survive

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/328313-wip-slow-171st-cadian-airborne-kasrkin/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users