5th Company

mccaptain

I have a question for all of you. I had been planning on doing each tactical squad with the left should pad trimmed in black and the right pad trimmed in a squad specific color. I"m not thinking I'll go back to a more traditional black on both sides. Any opinions out there?

Hmm, I wouldn't think that would look good. Why not just indicate squad identity with a numeral transfer on top of the squad role signifier on the right pad?

@Augustus: That was the new plan that I came up with for squad marking as well.

Also, though I like the brighter yellow, the project had been dragging on too long... I am going to switch over to using Averland Sunset. Darker yellow with almost a tan hue, but it paints much faster and the GW Air paints have worked really well for me. Don't like the color as much but it is really speeding up the work.

Next up:

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc113/McCaptain/IMG_0971.jpg

I have a question for all of you. I had been planning on doing each tactical squad with the left should pad trimmed in black and the right pad trimmed in a squad specific color. I"m not thinking I'll go back to a more traditional black on both sides. Any opinions out there?

Up to you as always they are your models. That being said IF I believe are ment to follow standard codex colour schemes. I really like the black trim of 5th Co I think it makes an excellent contrast with the yellow. It's already been said but roman numerals on the squad markings is how it's done in the codex to identify squads and is what I plan on doing with my IFs. Keep plugging away at them though you've done a really good job so far!

• 2 weeks later...