Deathwatch Army WIP

Brother Morgan

Impressive work on the Rhino and Predator.

I concur, your vehicles really are impressive!

its left side looks radically different from the right.

I don’t see how that would be a problem, the same is true of all the Deathwatch infantry and that never was an issue for them ;) Edited by Spinsanity

I don’t see how that would be a problem, the same is true of all the Deathwatch infantry and that never was an issue for them
Deathwatch members have a silver left arm, not a silver ENTIRE LEFT SIDE.

I don’t see how that would be a problem, the same is true of all the Deathwatch infantry and that never was an issue for them
Deathwatch members have a silver left arm, not a silver ENTIRE LEFT SIDE.

Interesting thoughts. This Deathwatch Rhino relic has seen so much action, that over time, more scripture and purity seals have been added - covering the whole left side. A large Deathwatch Icon on all sides should prevent blue on blue (or black on black in this case) friendly fire. I also have it in my head that their helmets and auspexes would tell friend from foe.

Thanks, Brother Morgan

A large Deathwatch Icon on all sides should prevent blue on blue (or black on black in this case) friendly fire.

Good idea.

I also have it in my head that their helmets and auspexes would tell friend from foe.

That is only of limited help when the Deathwatch must operate alongside non-Astartes allies, e.g., PDF guardsmen enforcing a quarantine around a hive city, so no Genestealer hybrids escape while the Deathwatch kill team enters to eliminate the Genestealer Patriarch.

A large Deathwatch Icon on all sides should prevent blue on blue (or black on black in this case) friendly fire.

Good idea.

I also have it in my head that their helmets and auspexes would tell friend from foe.

That is only of limited help when the Deathwatch must operate alongside non-Astartes allies, e.g., PDF guardsmen enforcing a quarantine around a hive city, so no Genestealer hybrids escape while the Deathwatch kill team enters to eliminate the Genestealer Patriarch.

I would hope that the Genestealers wouldn't have any Rhino's in the first place but this is 40k so who knows Bjorn?

Quick update time:

Deathwatch Predator 2

1101329_sm-Deathwatch%20Predator%202%20F

This is the front view of my second Deathwatch Predator armed with multiple Lascannons. The Dark Tone came out really shiny on this Deathwatch Icon - I may use some matt varnish to tone it down. I really like the skull with the "I" on every other track. I also added a pintle mounted Frag Launcher to the turret.

1101330_sm-Deathwatch%20Predator%202%20L

This shows the left side...

1101331_sm-Deathwatch%20Predator%202%20R

..and here's the rear.

1101332_sm-Deathwatch%20Predator%202%20T

Finally, here's a plan view of the finished vehicle.

I'm just re-edge highlighting the last of my Land Raider, sponsons and turrets. I'll add some more soon.

Regards, Brother Morgan

Beautiful work on the Predator.

Thanks Bjorn :smile.:

Update time:

Deathwatch Land Raider 1

1101337_sm-Deathwatch%20Land%20Raider%20

Here's my first Deathwatch Land Raider finished. I added a large Deathwatch Icon to the front ramp and smaller icons on every other tank tread. I added a Twin Frag Cannons in the front turret on this version.

1101339_sm-Deathwatch%20Land%20Raider%20

This shows the left side. I added scripture to a number of panels and the side hatch. I also added the usual Deathwatch Icon on the side hatch. You can see the Twin Frag Cannon sponsons in this shot.

1101338_sm-Deathwatch%20Land%20Raider%20

This shows the top view. I added a pintle mounted Assault Cannon and Heavy Bolter in the top hatches. Edge highlighting is the most time consuming task!!!

I wanted to have the option of fielding different weapons. So I magnetised, re-painted and edge highlighted the following:

1101333_sm-Deathwatch%20Land%20Raider%20

Quad Lascannons and Twin Lascannons

1101334_sm-Deathwatch%20Land%20Raider%20

Twin Frag Cannons and Heavy Plasma (this can be swopped with Demolisher Cannons) ....

1101335_sm-Deathwatch%20Land%20Raider%20

... and Quad Heavy Bolters,

For turret variants....

1101336_sm-Deathwatch%20Land%20Raider%20

Twin Multi-Melta, Heavy Plasma, Twin Plasma, Twin Heavy Bolter, Twin Lascannon and Twin Frag Cannons.

1101340_sm-Deathwatch%20Land%20Raider%20

Terminus Ultra variant.

1101341_sm-Deathwatch%20Land%20Raider%20

Plasma variant.

1101342_sm-Deathwatch%20Land%20Raider%20

Heavy Bolter variants.

I've just finished my second Land Raider and will post shortly.

Any questions, please ask.

Regards, Brother Morgan.

Excellent work on the Land Raider.

Thanks Bjorn :smile.:

Deathwatch Assault Land Raider

1101678_sm-Deathwatch%20Land%20Raider%20

I managed to complete my second Deathwatch Land Raider - based on the old WW1 British tank. I wanted a Dakka Land Raider, capable of decimating hordes of enemies, so I maxed out on Assault Cannons! In total, it has 12 Assault Cannons,1 Heavy Flamer, smoke and Frag launchers.

1101679_sm-Deathwatch%20Land%20Raider%20

This shows a close up of the front ramp. I added Frag launchers as an additional weapon to be discharged just before the Deathwatch Veterans storm out of the front ramp. The large Deathwatch Icon was made from plasticard and milliput. You can also see the tracks are the same as my first Deathwatch Land Raider.

1101680_sm-Deathwatch%20Land%20Raider%20

I added scripture across most of the left side and a smaller Deathwatch Icon on the rear hatch. You can see the Quad Assault Cannons here as well.

1101681_sm-Deathwatch%20Land%20Raider%20

This shows the fairly plain right side - bar the Deathwatch Icon on the rear hatch.

1101682_sm-Deathwatch%20Land%20Raider%20

This shows the top view. I added a large Deathwatch Icon and an extra hatch. This allowed me to have 2 pintle mounted Assault Cannons and 1 pintle mounted Heavy Flamer. 

I've now moved on to painting my Deathwatch Storm Raven - updates to follow.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Regards, Brother Morgan.