Showcase: Post your armies!

Fezzik

freak that is a serious bright green, really makes the army pop contrasting with the bronze/brass. looks like crackle texture paint on the bases.

Yeah, I wanted to do something different from what you usually see, and there really aren't many bright green space marines out there, apart from the Salamanders. I'm pretty happy with how they've turned out.

The bases are indeed textured paint, Agrellan Earth, with a bit of sand and cork slapped on and all painted grey. I was going for a cracked concrete/urban rubble effect.

Yeah I thought salamanders at first till I saw they were chaos.

one of the guys that is a regular at the FLGS is a pro painter/modder and he has shown off some of the texture paints before, so when I saw your work it was the first thing I thought of.

I have gotten addicted to scenic bases from micro art studio and secret weapon miniatures so I don't make my own anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's my slaaneshi demon army so far - I painted up a board to enter them into this year's armies on parade, but ultimately didn't participate because I didn't want to have to wait around my local GW all day.

So, I thought I would parade it here: :)

nC256YN.jpg

Ud978e2.jpg

BLThSeg.jpg

26k8b5x.jpg

YJpq9vD.jpg

OJGBGdR.jpg

brdVqaU.jpg

INQ8iGW.jpg

SxLyemY.jpg

eEjd6z8.jpg

The name I would have given it was "The incursion from Crown 17-4" - basically, the daemon prince used the thinning of the veil between the material world and the warp to summon a slanneshi daemon host.

Oh, and here is a picture just of the board - it's 4 1x1 foot squares that my friend had gotten through a kickstarter.

UsXfLwT.jpg

lovely burning of prospero army, one small note a friend of mine has a luna wolves army and he bought a 30k predator with the twin las turret and found out 30K predators cannot take the all las cannon build because the space wolves hadn't invented it yet. :tongue.:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey everyone, if you want to listen to me having a chat with Macca from the Outer Circle about my Alpha Legion army, go and check out the video that he just posted on his YouTube channel.

rmerWOV.jpg

j9xOlQ0.png

The video is part 2 of an army showcase filled at the recent ACT of Heresy event in Canberra. The first video features Dom's fantastic World Eaters :tu:

• 7 months later...

Just realized that although I have posted my demonette army, I haven't posted my main army - my emperor's children warband.  Time to fix that. :)

ILCcfPt.jpg

uDRi9qD.jpg

Focus on the cultists:

V73MkBL.jpg

And the raptors:

j4zlW7X.jpg

And the noise marines and my (melee) chosen:

dzkJpgs.jpg

And my bikes:

Ey2o1AN.jpg

And finally my characters:

QnB9MCa.jpg

L->R jump lord, jump sorcerer, staff sorcerer, sword/PP sorcerer, dark apostle

niGxbsZ.jpg

Demon prince

EM9CzVS.jpg

L-> termie sorcerer, termie lord, dark apostle and disciples

After I had put everything away, I realized I missed part of my army - two chaos spawn.

W02ZrNI.jpg

Here is the army put away in my cave, the two MIA spawn are on the top shelf.

Well it took a bit but here are my complete forces

First up-the remains of my dark angels after the great sell off in 4th edition when GW changed the codex requirements  that made half my 3.5 ed  ravenwing and deathwing no longer legal. i was so miffed with GW at the time i sold off all the newly dis-allowed units though i regret it now (30 terminators, 9 attack bikes and 8 land speeder tornados). 

7m5rlbF.jpg

Then there is my salamander successor chapter i started back in 5th with allied grey knights, and all 3 of my superheavy deatchments allowed in that edition. 

v4IDQ9d.jpg

I am planning on re-basing the grey knights once secret weapons new color injected bases go live. 

Addendum-silly me i just noticed i forgot to put out the 4 servitors for my tech marine on foot. :P

See i have to much stuff.

Edited by mughi3

Well, despite my army having gotten a little bit bigger over the past year and a half, figure might as well put up a newer picture. Still not done.

gallery_107230_14721_846310.jpg

*(6 more predators, 5 jetbikes, score and a half of infantry, and a battery of rapiers is on the bench or done)

It's also got a few mortal void-borne troops for support.

gallery_107230_14721_432271.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I remembered i had these pictures. it's obviously an older army but as a metal head this is the coolest chaos army i have ever seen made for 40K 

whoever made this should get an award. 

RjAMO6n.jpg

3hRrAQZ.jpg

F7J0Jef.jpg

tRzulp6.jpg

GMecHRK.jpg

iOUXNaT.jpg

IJP140s.jpg

Md0PEzG.jpg

wUPBhSm.jpg

bWrulim.jpg

0euJSmr.jpg