=] The Boxing Day Bash 2016 [=

Grotsmasha

gallery_48988_6285_311440.png

Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword's 2nd Annual Boxing Day Bash, the premise is simple; Build, Paint, and Base 1 (or more) model/s in 24hrs.

The Rules are as follows;

• Build, paint, and base one (or more) models.
  • 24hr limit, determined by the time of Participants "Vow" post. Everybody gets 24hrs starting at any time on THEIR local Boxing Day.
  • "Completion" standard set by Participant.
  • Each Vow made for the Participants sub/forum of choice.
  • Each completion earns one point for building the model/s, two points for building AND painting the model/s, and a total of three points for building AND painting, AND basing their model/s within the 24hr time period.
  • A fourth point will be awarded for multiple models completed within the 24hrs time period.
  • Two pictures are required, one picture of the bitz or sprue, and one of the completed model/s.
  • Primed bitz/sprue will be accepted.

Please post your vows here, in this thread with the following format,

I, {insert your name}, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base {insert unit/s here} for the honour of the {insert your sub-forum} within the 24hrs time limit.

You can signify your participation by adding the following badge to your signature if you so desire,

gallery_48988_6285_8802.png

There will be other badges awarded at the conclusion of the event.

Have fun, lets see some cool models.

COMPLETIONS

Grotsmasha - Completed 8hrs, 46mins

Mard - Completed 12hrs 51mins

I, Umbros, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base a Vindicare Assassin for the honour of the Adeptus Mechanicus within the 24hrs time limit.

Apologies for the out of focus picture, when painted will offer a better one!

gallery_94099_12630_140376.jpg

I readily admit....I've probably bitten off more than I can chew, but...

I, Grotsmasha, accept the Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Buil, Paint and Base 2x Contemptor Dreadnaughts for the honour of the Dark Angels Chapter, and the Unforgiven Legion within the 24hr time limit.

gallery_48988_11572_176955.jpg

I readily admit....I've probably bitten off more than I can chew, but...

I, Grotsmasha, accept the Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Buil, Paint and Base 2x Contemptor Dreadnaughts for the honour of the Dark Angels Chapter, and the Unforgiven Legion within the 24hr time limit.

gallery_48988_11572_176955.jpg

Want me to put the heating on in cell 42?

gallery_68440_12699_139947.jpgI, darnarth lysander, accept the Boxing Day challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base a Chaos Hellbrute within 24hrs, for the honour of the Adeptus Mechanicus

EDIT 1, Basecoats on:

gallery_68440_12699_37618.jpg

EDIT 2, Wash and a little bit of layering on the skin

gallery_68440_12699_18097.jpg

EDIT 3, FINISHED, have to paint the rim of the base, but otherwise, I am done!

gallery_68440_12699_53973.jpg

gallery_68440_12699_64213.jpg

I, Audemus, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base Legio Custodes Caladius Grav-Tank for the honour of the Horus Heresy within the 24hrs time limit.

I hesitated momentarily to start now as I haven't slept but as sleep appears to be evading me, I am tired of wasting time as I haven't built or primed anything yet. 

Here we go folks, no guts, no glory.

Edit: Also, I'm not sure if the resin base is going to really work for this or not, but I'm going to play around with it to see if I can make it do so.  Consider this a "if it works" portion of the model.  I included it just to be clear it wasn't painted etc. to be entirely transparent ahead of time! lol

http://i.imgur.com/LsfEvx3.png

Note: I cleaned the pieces as they had been sitting to dry since the model arrived and I soaked/scrubbed them...holy hell for such a non-complicated and *new* cast this thing was horrible.  I am pretty disturbed at how badly cast this model was, as I hope it isn't a representation of FW's future casts.  For example, one of the cannon ports wasn't even...there.  It had a small hole and the rest of the entire rectangular connection point was filled in with resin.  This went as well for the sides of the hull where the engines are supposed to mount, 25% of one of the rectangular ports was filled in with resin, leaving me to literally dig out the entire area with my model knife.

Edit 2 - 10:16 AM EST

Pre-build completed and the primer has dried, brushes at the ready!

http://i.imgur.com/N6xKBxj.png

I Nevindar, Long-time absentee from the Forum, hereby return for the second Boxing Day Challenge!

I pledge 5 Sisters of Silence, for Jenetia Krole, the Emperor and the Age of Darkness forum! Let the 24h countdown begin!

gallery_84024_11617_269787.jpg

Loved the Challenge last year, time to use it as a kickstart for 2017!

I, 200Plus, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base Kyr Vhalen (for the honour of the 77th Grand Battalion), within the 24hrs time limit.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w291/meadows88/Mobile%20Uploads/75B0848F-5AC3-4E11-A009-F5F3CE8C43A3_zpsrbq8gsb9.jpg

Edit (complete) 2 1/2 hours to spare

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w291/meadows88/Mobile%20Uploads/FE9A9CCD-41CD-4310-A5C7-1C401464D8B8_zpsxfqzfkcz.jpg

I, Carlson793, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base one Thallax Cohort (3 models) for the honour of the Adeptus Mechanicus (FotI) within the 24hrs time limit.

med_gallery_80588_12007_771177.jpg

UPDATE: 12:45p EDT

Assembled and initial basing.

med_gallery_80588_12007_476312.jpg

...and DONE!

med_gallery_80588_12007_1020738.jpg

(NOTE TO SELF: Carlson, you idiot! If you'da done the other three Thallax you have at the same time and made sure you'd have a consistent paint job on all six! Now the other three are gonna be a bit different because you didn't record your step-by-step!)

I, Servant of Dante, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base a Sisters of Battle Standard Bearer for the honour of the Adepta Sororitas and the Immortal God-Emperor of Mankind within the 24hrs time limit.

med_gallery_83651_11889_474395.jpg

Doesn't get much more unassembled than that. We'll see if I can do this. I'm a pretty slow painter :P

. . . and for the record, this model came from eBay, so no, I'm not showing where I live :)

I, Slave to Darkness, mighty of belly and bushy of beard accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base 2 Wolf Guard, for the Glory of Russ, the Allfather and the Fang within the 24hrs time limit.

15741239_928954510569325_417796335439140

I, Lostrael, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base a Contemptor Dreadnought for the honour of the Dark Angels within the 24 hrs time limit.

gallery_86236_11651_54158.jpg

More Dreadnoughts for the honour of the First Legion. biggrin.png

I, Dolchiate Remembrancer, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base a Thousand Sons Sorceror for the honour of the Chaos Space Marines Sub-Forum within the 24 hour time limit.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d169/mateus909/Mobile%20Uploads/20161226_154637.jpg

Archived