Jam's Guard WIP thread

Jam Master Flex

Thanks Jud and co, really appreciate the feedback.

I've got my vulture to do but at the moment I'm quite busy helping my mate with his blood angels plus my other friend is now collecting a filthy xeno army that ive agreed to put together and help.

Sods law is that im teaching them both 7th edition and now 8ths about to come out haha.

We did get in a 2000pt match today, ive got some more terrain. By the end of turn 3 id got an unassailable lead so victory for the guard!

Hoping to atleast put the vulture together this week :)

Man that Valk is beautiful, almost the exact same colours and methods as mine (even down to skavenblight sponging), but so much crisper. Will you be putting any decals/markings on it?

Thanks! The only reason I went with this is because I don't have an airbrush so used my zandri dust spray to make sure I did it justice :)

I do plan on sticking some decals on it potentially this weekend but I'm trying to get my Vulture ready for a game on Sunday afternoon,had to do loads of green stuff work on it so it's been slow going.

I am being a relatively good boy and have promised myself I won't buy anything else until 8th drops (par another valk/vendetta) :P

Got my Vulture done:

http://i.imgur.com/OBt6gQc.jpg

It did well for me this weekend, did poorly against the Tau but thanks to some good dice it was absolutely savage against my mates space marines!

I've caved in and bought one last (ha!) valkyrie which I'm putting together at the moment.

No more til 8th now I promise!

The Vulture Looks awesome,...but Honestly...did you rush it slightly to get it done for your match?... the front right of the cockpit area looks less weathered than the Valk :ermm:...

Not saying it's crappy :ohmy.:  No Sir!, just that it is about 2 points less awesome than the Valk... or its the camera angle and i am completely mistaken...that too happens..a lot :blush.:  

(Although in saying that i hope my stuff when finished if it looks half as good as yours i'll be pleased :blush.: )

Cheers Mithril

Good stuff, Jam Master Flex!

My apologies if this has been covered, but looking back several pages I couldn't see it ... what colours/paints did you use for the main tan colour on your tanks/flyers?

Hey, I don't think I did cover it but for the flyers its straight forward:

Zandri Dust spray paint for basecoat,then just agrac earthshade in the recesses.

No edge highlighting as I've used Skavenblight Dinge on a sponge for weathering on the edges.

For the tanks:

Zandri Dust spray, ushabti bone edge highlight with a drybrush, very very light drybrush!

And thank you by the way,really enjoying the hobby at the moment :)

Got my last Vendetta finished today:

http://i.imgur.com/tpK6ek4.jpg

Bought my first ever set of Bullgryns yesterday so I'm gonna build those this weekend ready for a few games next week (won't have time to paint,shame on me!)

• 1 month later...

So, ready for 8th edition!

http://i.imgur.com/GowqYtx.jpg

I've been posting in other threads etc on here but here's what I'm working on at the moment:

http://i.imgur.com/4HUClc6.jpg

This has actually been built, primed and magnetised, haven't had good rolls with it yet but it's very, very resilient in games!

http://i.imgur.com/aiEG9sb.jpg

I've finally got around to painting this guy to use as a platoon commander, had him sat in a box for the past god knows how many years!

http://i.imgur.com/RPbsAa1.jpg

Also treated myself to another assassin.

I'm self employed and I'm currently moving my martial arts studio into a new building, so hobby time has been at a minimum, and I'd also been abroad to see the inlaws.

I've got some time coming up so I will be cracking on soon, and have ordered myself a Death Korps of Krieg command squad and the 8th edition book from forge world!

This will be my first foray into none vehicle resin so wish me luck!

Vulture looks amazing! How was it to put togeather in comparison to the Valkyrie?

Thanks mate!

Not too bad to be honest, the engine block is one heavy piece of resin and it doesn't take the flying stand very well on mine.

The hardest bit was getting the engine block off of the resin mould that was still attached to it, I ended up snapping part of the detail off and has to use green stuff and some tools to reshape it so it looked the same as the rest.

Also the cannons don't come with the kit you have to order them seperate which I didn't realise until it arrived ha!

Vulture looks amazing! How was it to put togeather in comparison to the Valkyrie?

Thanks mate!

Not too bad to be honest, the engine block is one heavy piece of resin and it doesn't take the flying stand very well on mine.

The hardest bit was getting the engine block off of the resin mould that was still attached to it, I ended up snapping part of the detail off and has to use green stuff and some tools to reshape it so it looked the same as the rest.

Also the cannons don't come with the kit you have to order them seperate which I didn't realise until it arrived ha!

Thanks for the reply and info! I need a Vulture haha :biggrin.:

I have that squad too!

I might have to look into repainting them for 8th...

I'm thinking of going for a blue/greyish uniform like WW1 french or germans, gonna have to test it out on a poor cadian guardsmen to see if thd colours look right.

I'm really busy with my work at the moment so hoping to get on with them properly in July.

Hrmmm... I do like those French long coats with the red trousers... I might be stealing them for my Kriegers...

How does resin hold up in Dettol? :)

I tried something along those lines here: (note Cadians are really boring, but the scheme seemed to have merit)

gallery_87434_11578_36771.jpg

gallery_87434_11578_752563.jpg

Damn work impeding life!

Archived