Jam's Guard WIP thread

Jam Master Flex

I love the conversion. But is it still legal now in 8th? I mean you've put the main gun to more logical and comfortable (considering logistics) position. But you've also made the model shorter by the length of the barrel which is a targetable part of the model nowadays. On one of the tournaments a judge told me that i can't even turn turrets of my tanks. I'd be glad to be wrong, because this IFV variant looks awesome. 

I love the conversion. But is it still legal now in 8th? I mean you've put the main gun to more logical and comfortable (considering logistics) position. But you've also made the model shorter by the length of the barrel which is a targetable part of the model nowadays. On one of the tournaments a judge told me that i can't even turn turrets of my tanks. I'd be glad to be wrong, because this IFV variant looks awesome.

I'm not sure, I only play with a few friends and my local store haven't said anything.

I suppose it might be different if I were going to a "hardcore" tournament but fortunately I don't.

Maybe if someone were that concerned it'd be worth magnetising the barrel and adding a longer one on to be at the same length as the normal multilayer.

Either that or just stick dozer blades on and use them to adjust the reach.

There's a few work arounds but you make a good point!

I dont think many places would care too much as its not modelling for advantage and the difference is minuscule, plus you could always just rotated the turret backwards if you want.

Also I believe measuring is done to the hull, but LoS is to the model.

Either awesome work Jam! :D

I dont think many places would care too much as its not modelling for advantage and the difference is minuscule, plus you could always just rotated the turret backwards if you want.

Also I believe measuring is done to the hull, but LoS is to the model.

Either awesome work Jam! :biggrin.:

I'm afraid it may be considered to be an advantage because the barrel is easier to hide (the main reason why i prefer manticore over basilisk). But turn around trick should work i think, as long as facing doesn't matter in 8th.

How did you manage that?

I'll put up a step by step at some point if I can.

Basically, mark out a 28mm X 20mm rectangle where you want it to go,and then using an X-acto blade cut this out.

Then you'll need to make a box to glue to the inside using 1 or 2mm plasticard...I think mines 1mm.

Once that's done, glue the sponsons weapon drum in a position you want. I then add a diagonal piece of plasticard that slots in so it looks a bit like a Malcador.

Then measure out a rectangular rim that fits over it.

I need to fill some very small gaps and level out some bits with green stuff, and add a few rivets.

I know that beyond the tabletop has made a similar kit and now has resin casts, this is cheaper aslong as you've got the patience and a sharp knife.

Vowed these two today, as well as the big knight.

http://i.imgur.com/3LFrrgu.jpg

No pressure for the painting but one of my warglaives just got featured today:

http://i.imgur.com/p9UmAkv.jpg

Feeling massively humbled! That's my Instagram btw if anyone wants to give me a follow!

• 2 weeks later...

They're exquisite!

Your weathering is amazing!

Cheers dude, I can't recommend the MIG oilpainters enough, they're like a mascara applicator, but with a small, fine hard brush.

All my vehicles now I use the hairspray method, the above product, AK Interactive enamel streaking rust and grime, and Forgeworld weathering powders to finish.

I like my vehicles to look like they've seen a bit do action

• 2 weeks later...

So after I got my vow done and finished the Hawkshroud Valiant, I decided to start a little pallette cleanser:

http://i.imgur.com/8besFwc.jpg

Just had some extra hobby time tonight in-between packing and working.

I've got 15 of these dudes knocking about so it can't hurt to do one I guess!

Today I've been doing some boxing up for moving, and realised I could make more room by building the last of my guard units and putting them in my carry cases.

Cue turning my afternoon into being a forge world and I've managed to get to here so far:

http://i.imgur.com/POWxHTm.jpg

Won't be painting them, though maybe the Russ for the current event we've got running!

Archived