Jokero Fun

Charlo

So for an absurd amount of points you can make some very silly units in the new book using the Warband Formation...

One such unit is:

12 Acolytes with Storm Bolters and Power Armour

6 Jokero

Coteaz

6 Jokero mean you pick two buffs from the table as you auto roll a 6+

Rending Storm Bolters that can be Prescience'd that automatically fire at anything that arrives within 12". Plus. Lascannons.

Second buff could be extra range (36"!) for lulz or making those acolyte have 2+ armour.

This unit cots like 5-600 points though....

==============

You can even make your acolytes into Terminators with 2+/5++, sure they'll only have laspistols and chainswords - but it's kinda fun!

Greetings

So for an absurd amount of points you can make some very silly units in the new book using the Warband Formation...

One such unit is:

12 Acolytes with Storm Bolters and Power Armour

6 Jokero

Coteaz

6 Jokero mean you pick two buffs from the table as you auto roll a 6+

Rending Storm Bolters that can be Prescience'd that automatically fire at anything that arrives within 12". Plus. Lascannons.

Second buff could be extra range (36"!) for lulz or making those acolyte have 2+ armour.

This unit cots like 5-600 points though....

==============

You can even make your acolytes into Terminators with 2+/5++, sure they'll only have laspistols and chainswords - but it's kinda fun!

Way ahead of you. I like the rending heavy flamers when you're charged the most, personally.

• 2 weeks later...
That can actually be extremely good. Not sure if I prefer the range bonus or 2+ Armour. Not sure if the Invul is all that needed, considering you can camp cover for a similar bonus (unless you take Stern from GK for Sanctuary). You can also take an Astropath, who can roll on Telepathy and potentially get Shrouded, making the cover even better.

Unless you are playing against grav spam, I think I would prefer the 2+ save.  Since these guys are only T3 I want them to be able to make their saves when they need to.  The best part is that you get to choose at the beginning of the game, so pick whichever ones seem to be the most beneficial for that game!

ANY acolyte can replace a weapon with storm bolter or bolter so all of them can get one and yes then 3 max can get plasma/flamer/melta.

IMO as far as I love putting storm bolter spam in my acolyte units I think it is not necessary with this unit configuration because the jokaero will most likely be used for tank/monstruous creature hunt so the storm bolters will be a bit out of subject for that.

The best option I think is taking power armour and bolter on acolytes to keep them cheap also add 3 melta gun, then 5 to 6 jokaero depending if you want to take the risk of a 2+ roll

give them 2+ armour save and +12" range and here you go you have a unit that can melt anything from tank to monstruous creature with 36" range on multi melta (so melt at 18") and regular melta gun with 24" range.

If termis or dread decide to deep strike any closer than 12" they will regret that move smile.png

This is a shame that we can't take servitors in the unit anymore, would have been fun to add 3 more multi melta for 10pts each

This unit including coteaz and a psyker cost 465 pts

in comparison sisters for the same cost can field 3 immolators within each 5 sisters with 1 multi melta and 1 melta for top shooting

it is 3 twin link multi melta 3 normal multi melta and 3 melta. Overall the same amount of shooting but with less range and no deepstrike surprise

The question is to know what is better between reliable shooting and tank protection or 2+ save unit and long range melta

Well, 36" Stormbolters with Rending and re-rolls to hit can do some damage to Monstrous Creatures. It would average at about 3 Rending wounds and 3 to 3.75 wounds from the LC depending on toughness, if we take re-rolls to hit into account. Nothing special when compared to Grav Cannons but it could be hilarious in some instance, which is what it should be able. You are not playing Inquisition to win tournaments, after all :P

Just a quick Jokaero question....

You fire lascannons in your shooting phase.

Next turn he assaults you.

Do the monkeys overwatch with lascannons or can you choose heavy flamers....

The rule just states that they choose which weapon to fire it as when they shoot, with no reference to phase or turn. The only restriction given is that all Jokaeros in the unit must choose the same. So, yes, I believe you can fire your lascannons (or multimeltas) then overwatch with your heavy flamers.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like some clarification as I haven't played the game in a long time despite collecting and painting armies.

You can make a detachment consisting of 1 inquisitor, the required 3 acolytes, and 6 Jokaero all as one unit. And if you wanted to you could then take another identical detachment, and another, and another, etc.

Eventually having an army that consists mostly of space monkeys with las cannons?  

For sake of argument, the inquisitors could be bare bones to save on points, and the acolytes could all have storm shields as their special weapon for the invulnerable saves.

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor ,3 acolytes with storm shields, 6x Jokaero space monkeys of death for 292 points

Ordo Hereticus inquisitor with Psyocculum

3 acolytes with flamers

20 sisters of battle, 1 flamer and 1 heavy flamer,

6 jokaero

as many crusaders as you want for better invulnerable saves.

Choose rending and range. You have 6 lascanons/multimelta, 20 bolters that are 36" range rending, everything fires at psykers with BS 10, and you have 11 rending flamers in the squad when you get charged.

Burn the witch.

Micahwc: It's not clear that Chamber Militant units are merged with the Acolyte unit in the IHW formation. All the units which have to be merged are marked with a superscript 1; the Inquisitor and the Chamber Militant units aren't marked that way.

Dogfender: Carapace armour might be worth it if you're likely to be picking firefights with bolter-wielding opponents (halve the casualties).

Archived