BaC some questions about gameplay

Hello bros, me and my friends had place our hands on BaC sometime ago and now on holidays we have started to play it.
We like because it seems easy to play and fast, but sometimes it seems too fast.

For example last night we played the third scenario and we ended it in 3 rounds (not turns).

The bull was hit by a unit with sgt with plasma gun, a melta rifle and an heavy bolter (3 + 3 + 6 dices on attack).
the roll was 2 critical and 4 hit, the critical effect was the melta one, so the bull's armour was reduced to zero.
the ultramarine's card that they have at the start of the game (precision hit) permitted them to choose what part of sor gharax to hit and they wisely chose the sarcophagus. so res 6 and no armour mean that the bull was removed and the ultra won the match

So is the termic rifle to be considered illegal on BaC ?

We like because it seems easy to play and fast, but sometimes it seems too fast.

For example last night we played the third scenario and we ended it in 3 rounds (not turns).

sounds right. looking at this scenario rules you have a max rnge of 3 hexes anyway which puts targets in crit range for melta too.

the ultramarine's card that they have at the start of the game (precision hit) permitted them to choose what part of sor gharax to hit and they wisely chose the sarcophagus. so res 6 and no armour mean that the bull was removed and the ultra won the match

goes that way. activating at the right time can decisively make or break your game.

also noted elsewhere is that the force are often asymetric. so working out how to play the scenario is as import as the 'battle bits'.

So is the termic rifle to be considered illegal on BaC ?

it's not on the official list but no reason not to make your own stats for it.

I think that you have to be a bit more careful with your Dreadnought, and a bit more agressive with your troops - it might also be necessary to ignore the unit that will go and teleport in the terminators. I must admit I've only played it twice and the same sort of scenario happened, but keep at it, try playing it from the other side, and see if you can get it to work - if it still seems unbalanced to you, apply your own limitations to it, or simply play the other scenarios :)

Good luck :)

Archived