foamy248

Droppong a moon on some forces is cool but better as some coincedence instead of a wilingly done thing.

And I can see them ending up with the suzys.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Separate realm which consists of former allies of Icarion. When Icarion went full demon-mode, the Warbringers, the Warriors of Peace and the Steel Legion broke with him.

Unable to join the ranks of the Imperium again (for ideology reasons and the like), they founded the Suzerainty. In doing so, the research ways to improve Astartes, leading to the foundation of the Genesis Legion, which again tried to destroy everything (this occurs post Scouring).

Hope that's an appropriate summary. ^^

Separate realm which consists of former allies of Icarion. When Icarion went full demon-mode, the Warbringers, the Warriors of Peace and the Steel Legion broke with him.

Unable to join the ranks of the Imperium again (for ideology reasons and the like), they founded the Suzerainty. In doing so, the research ways to improve Astartes, leading to the foundation of the Genesis Legion, which again tried to destroy everything (this occurs post Scouring).

Hope that's an appropriate summary. ^^

Thanks Kelborn! http://image.bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/sweat.gif Yeah, I can definitely see the remnants joining the Suzerainty. Although, with the direction they're taking, there won't be many of them...

I'm thinking that when the Abysii engage the entire Angel's fleet, the few biggest ships in the Angel's armada will Suicide Smash™ into the Abysii fleet. This allows the remains to escape. Are there any insurrection-specific daemons? Because, the idea is that the Angels decide to go to Terra while still fleeing from the Abysii. They are ambushed by a host of daemons (this still needs some a huge amount of fleshing out), but are able to, once again, escape at a huge loss. Eros' pariah gene finally gene activates under the huge pain and loss he feels, as hundreds of is closest brothers are killed. Many Lost Angels are tainted by the Daemons, and more are possessed even after they have escaped. This causes infighting on the ships, and many marines are tragically struggling against their hosts even as they reach Terra. After huge sacrifice, the Angels reach Terra. Eros, after being mocked and abandoned by his legion, fights alongside his primarch. Maybe we could have something as sentimental and snowflakey as him being nodded/saluted to by Gwal when he is dying, or... *gasp*... dying in Gwal's arms. *snowflakes begin falling in their millions*

Thanks for the offers guys + I'll include him Kelborn http://image.bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif

After a bit of a hiatus, I've decided to refine the direction I'm going with the Lost Angels. I've decided that they're going to have to be pretty big and/or relatively important to be included in the books with proper rules and everything (and not just as some sidenote). 

So, I've wanted to reply to this idea specifically, but haven't had the time to do so until now. What I wanted to say that this isn't necessarily true. While I'm not going to say the Angels don't do anything significant in the Insurrection, just because they are going to get rules doesn't mean they have to have a pivotal rule. It's okay to have someone represent the 'typical joes' (Blackshields in this case?) in the war.

Thanks for the offers guys + I'll include him Kelborn http://image.bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif

After a bit of a hiatus, I've decided to refine the direction I'm going with the Lost Angels. I've decided that they're going to have to be pretty big and/or relatively important to be included in the books with proper rules and everything (and not just as some sidenote). 

So, I've wanted to reply to this idea specifically, but haven't had the time to do so until now. What I wanted to say that this isn't necessarily true. While I'm not going to say the Angels don't do anything significant in the Insurrection, just because they are going to get rules doesn't mean they have to have a pivotal rule. It's okay to have someone represent the 'typical joes' (Blackshields in this case?) in the war.

Fair enough, I just figured that I'd have more to work with if I went with my previous assumption. While they certainly be anywhere near as important as the Legions or even the Abyssii, I'd like to have something to write about concerning them. http://image.bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png  Although, yes, they probably will be 'typical joes.'

I've been playing around with drawing programs, and I've been working on a image for a Lost Angel. Here is where at at the moment, (everything else isn't coloured). 

http://i.imgur.com/R4aGzzO.png

Its's obviously not fantastic, but I'm only still learning the controls . It's also pretty hard with a computer mouse - to deal with this I've used a few of Drak's for hard parts that are difficult to draw with a mouse, like the helmet and parts of the backpack (I hope that's okay?). I'm also working on some fluff for possessed Lost Angels after they had the run-in with the daemons.

• 3 weeks later...

I've made a new unit, a character and am posting a character (which Kelborn created) here for posterity. Rules for the Lost and Valerian are WIP, so I'll post a draft here soon. 

THE LOST

While in warp transit after fleeing the Mechanicum Abysii, several of the crafts that were damaged during the confrontation with the Mechanicum Abysii had gellar field failures, and were boarded by terrifying beings of unimaginable horror. After several days of bloody fighting, most gellar fields were repaired to an acceptable extent, and the majority of the ships escaped, exiting into realspace. Of the Xx odd spacecraft to escape the Abysii encounter, only XX escaped. The rest were overrun by the daemonic creatures or pulled apart by the maddening ebb and flow of warp currents, unprotected by ruined gellar generators.

Cloaked in naivety by their shelter from the Ruinous Powers, the surviving Lost Angels thought themselves free of the Warp’s touch. The Warp, of course, can be fickle; it's tainting presence lingering in intruders long after they exit it's hellish domain. Members of the boarded crafts experienced many strange things following their escape. Many heard voices whispering to them, and others experienced moments of mental of physical weakness completely alien to Space Marines. Legion Apothecaries recorded numerous cases of seizures and epileptic fits, spontaneous nosebleeds, severe headaches, cases of what appeared to be multiple personality disorders and many other ‘ailments.'

Unbeknownst to the Lost Angels, when the gellar fields were disabled, warp entities entered the X ships, possessing most marines. Although the possession process varies in time depending on the marine being possessed, most marines that bore daemonic hosts entered the Makhevellian State within a few weeks. This meant that their bodies were ‘shared’ by themselves and the hosts, and so their actions could be unpredictable and wildly varied. Another noticeable change in the Makhevellian State is the horrific physical changes that occur in the possessed marine. Teeth lengthen into razor points, armour fuses with the marines flesh and bone, claws develop on fingers with too many joints, and the marine’s already prodigious strength is further boosted by the daemons’.

Because of the aforementioned instability, the Lost Angels decided that the possessed marines in the Makhevellian State were to be imprisoned onboard, and would meet their ends in glorious combat with traitorous forces. The possessed marines, now called the Lost, were grouped into squads; each squad accompanied by a Chaplain to ensure that any Lost who completely succumbed to their host could be ‘disposed of.’

As such, it is now commonly reported that terrifying marines with daemonic visages follow the Lost Angels to battle. With razor-sharp teeth and clawed fingers as long as daggers, the Lost make potent enemies indeed.

+++

The following rules are in a draft state:

The Lost - Elite - 5 models - XXX points

WS BS  S  T  W   I    A  Ld  Sv

Lost Marines  4     4   5   5   1   5   2   8    3+

Special Rules:

• Bulky
  • Daemon
  • Rage
  • Rending (applies to close combat attacks only, regardless I'd weapon being used)
  • Stubborn
  • Shepherd of Monsters:  

Each squad of Lost must include a Centurion with the Chaplain consul upgrade. The Chaplain cannot leave the squad of Lost for the entire game as an independent character (unless it is removed as a casualty or otherwise). At the start of each owning player’s phase, he/she may roll a D6. On a 3+ the unit of Lost have not been overcome by their daemonic hosts, and may continue as normal. If a 1 or 2 is rolled, a Lost marine has been completely possessed. If the Chaplain is present in the unit of Lost when this happens, the Chaplain executes the marine, and a model of the owning player’s choice must be removed. If a Chaplain has been removed or is not present in the unit, the entire unit is declared as being completely possessed.

Each remaining game turn in the owning player's phase they must attempt to charge and assault the closest unit, friendly or enemy, within 12”. If they are not within 12” of a unit they must move and run towards the closest unit, friendly or enemy.

Wargear:

• Power armour
  • Bolt pistol
  • Bolt gun
  • Chainsword or close combat weapon

1 in 5 may swap their chainsword for a:

• Power weapon (10pts)
  • Power fist (15pts)
  • Single lightning claw (5pts)

+++

VALERIAN AESTAPOS

Once a Terran marine of the Grave Stalkers legion, he fled to the Lost Angels upon learning of the unfolding heresy (is this viable?). Possessed by a daemon of the Æther during the Lost Angels’ becalmed marooning in the Warp, Valerian’s dormant pariah gene activated, destroying the daemon. 

Although this saved his life, the daemon left ‘empryic residue’ and the experience left Valerian riddled with mental instability. The marine would see hellish visions and commonly refer to itself in the third person. Lost Angel apothecaries also recorded that Valerian continued to hear the daemon (known as Arook to Valerian) speaking to him, although these incidents were most likely conjured up by Valerian’s tortured mind. 

Because of this instability, the marine was imprisoned on the Parable of Hope. Months after his imprisonment, he was removed from his confinement. He was given back his position as sniper, although he was constantly monitored. 

Valerian Aestapos made XXX recorded kills, the highest by any Lost Angel sniper, before his death. He was killed during the Siege of Terra, caught in the explosion of a Harbringer rhino chassis. 

+++

The Thing was perhaps the most terrifying thing that the Guard had ever seen. It gibbered in the dark corners of the cell, shadows twisting around It, obscuring Its identity. But the Guard knew what It was. Everyone did. The Guard silently crept closer.  It remained oblivious to him, trapped in a world of pain and madness. The Thing moaned, its bloody fingernails so gnawed that the blood-crusted stubs were hardly visible. It was barely recognisable as the noble warrior it had once been, and all the guards called it the Thing because that was probably the most accurate name for it. The Guard shuddered and continued his patrol.

Valerian gasped as he heard the scraping again. Claws slowly dragged across the walls of his cell. The result was a noise so horrid that guards had claimed his ears had bled, even though such a noise was completely a figment of his demented imagination. Something in the darkest shadows of his cell licked its lips. Valerian heard a keening wail that shook his guts and brought bile as thick as hot, wet tar into his cracked throat. He knew what was coming next. This nightmare played out again and again as if on a broken, daemonic video reel every waking hour and every sleeping hour. A voice whispered out the same splintered sentence that had been uttered when Valerian’s nightmare began. “I am Arook”. The voice filled every nook and cranny of the room, and yet it was only a whisper. The voice echoed in every inch and pore of Varelian’s skin, and tingled and revolted, appalled and sickened every part of what was left of the once-noble marine.

“I am Arook.” The whisper was louder the time. No, not whisper, whispers. There was a whole chorus of them, many voices taking up the sickening, chaotic call. “You are Arook”. Valerian’s ears throbbed in hot pain, and he rocked back and forth on his haunches.

Cracks formed in the corners of the room and pebbles fell from the rock ceiling. Valerian screamed. 

“All is Arook” the daemonic choir called as the chants reached a crescendo.  The room shook. Reality broke open. Tormented faces gasped for breath in the darkest shadows – shadows that rippled and flowed. The voices spoke with the certain agony of dead men. But they didn’t speak, they chanted and called for something of a higher purpose other than that of what the poor, tortured soul before them could offer. The voices were so, so, so loud. Droplets of crimson blood trickled down the Thing’s already blood-stained ears that had been gnawed at by vermin and things no sane man would know of.           

The Thing that was once Valerian Aestapos pitifully shuddered as he knew what was to come – he had endured this cycle for the last… last… he did not know how long it had been since he had plunged into his private world of visions of chaos and hell… but he did know every second, scratch and whisper of the nightmare that played out. The last bit was always the worst. The voices and the scraping were nothing compared to what was to come. The Thing that was once Valerian curled into a pathetic ball in the corner of the room and covered his ears with gnarled and blood-soaked hands, and waited…

A door opened. A guard stepped in. The Thing that was once Valerian saw her wide eyes peek through the  as she thumbed a comms unit. The cell door creaked open and a tender puddle of light trickled into the cell. The guard entered. Valerian noticed the marines standing behind her, boltguns tracking his movement as he stood up.

“Come,” the guard said, “recall… you've got a job.”

+++

So, the intention for Valerian is that he is a sniper (and a pretty good one too), but he's haunted by his terrifying experiences when he was possessed. His rules will hopefully reflect this, I guess. Also, the bits that are X'd are things I'm not sure about (generally logistical). If anyone can suggest number for these, I'd be grateful.

+++

BEROU

Berou was formerly lieutenant of the Bloodlord tribe, 14th regiment, 2nd strike force known as the Haunting Blades, (consisting of 4 Assault and 2 Striking Shadow squads). Born in the dense southern swamps known as the Devouring Wastes, Berou was raised into a culture of superstitions, bloodshed and sheer brutal fight for survival. After the unification of all tribes under Baron Andezo Sambedi, Berou had hoped for a better life. Volunteering to become a member of the rising XXth Legion, then known as the Arcane Blades, Berou was eager to proove his worth to the praised Baron. As he was a member of the infamous Bloodlord tribe, it was a natural decision that he became one of the first Legionnaires of the newly founded Bloodlord tribe within the ranks of the Legion. Serving under Odanka had led him and his men into the most brutal and worst battles Berou could imagine.  Uncomfortable with the return of ancient blood rituals of Mardum, Berou was amongst the few who defied this new trend within their own ranks.

Years later, when the Day of Revelation occurred, Berou and his few like minded brothers were hunted down and used for unholy sacrifices to celebrate the acclaimed independence of the Bloodlord tribe. Together with a handful of loyal brothers, Berou was able to capture a small vessel and heading towards the realm of the Imperium. Though badly damaged, the small vessel did make the transfer but damaged as it was, it was not able to make a second transit. Drifting through the void, the members of Berous band of brothers were finally discovered by a black clad fleet of the blackshield force known as the Lost Angels. Having forsaken their oaths of their former tribe and fearing that the same corruption would affect the rest of the Legion, Berou joined his new comrade Eros and his men. Together, they sought a new destiny within the stars.

(Written by Kelborn, but I edited it a bit)

+++

Edited by foamy248

Yup http://image.bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/happy.png The idea is that they get really, really stuffed up (and have to resort to using things that they would never have daring use before their escape). Plus, this just further alienates them.